Starting Xenical tomorrow

Hi, im a newbie here. My names Rachel and im starting xenical tomorrow.

I was previously on reductil and lost 27lb but that has been banned so my gp has moved me onto xenical.

She hasnt told me much about it, just to eat low fat and for every 2lb i loose xenical should help me loose an extra pound.

Ive got quite a lot of weight to loose, i need to loose it for health reasons as im suffering from arthritus in my lumbar and it would be nice if i could feel good about myself again.

Im hoping i can get some support and inspiration from you all as there dosn't seem to be much out there.

tc
xx:)

Hello and welcome! I'm into week 6 of Xenical and have lost 15.5lbs so far. Best thing I've ever tried diet wise!

I'm no expert, others on here been on it longer than me, but just make sure you stick to foods with no more than 5% fat in. On packets of food that is no more than 5g of fat per 100g of food. And then no more than 15g of fat per meal. I've stuck to that and had no side effects.
Drink lots of water.
Do lots of exericse. I mainly walk whilst pushing my 2yr old in buggy and 4yr old on buggy board! Seems toi do trick at the mo!

Good luck on your Xenical journey xx

Hello and welcome and congratulations on your 2 stone loss.
Xenical is used to stop you eating too much fat , if you do it is passed out in spectaular fashion.
I find eating fresh foods and cooking meals from scratch drinking lots of water works for me.

hello and welcome. im sure that us xenical people will make you feel welcome... we are just one happy family over here....
and you will have to excuse some of the nutters also.... just ignore them! lol...

hope your first day gets off to a good start, and make sure you stick to the above rules and im sure you will have no problems...

just remmeber to drink loads.

welcome to the darkside :( no escaping now!

Hi Rachel...and welcome :)
It seems that GPs are a bit hit and miss with the amount of information they're giving out when they prescribe Xenical - I was lucky, but many people aren't!
Luckily, you'll get all the advice you need on here and loads of support too. So if there's anything you're worried about or want to know, just ask away! :)

hi fellow widow of reductil.....i was on it 4 a few weeks b4 it was recalled and was gutted when it got taken away i felt fab on it very little appetite and a big feel gd factor. but i,ve lost 5lbs this week on xenical with exercise and low fat food. we are almost the exact same weight good luck wi ur first week. i think it has helped with reductil getting me used to smaller portions before.

Thanks for the replies.
Well 1st day down and so far so good. Also non of the dreaded side effects lol!!

When i was on reductil i hardly ate, just one meal a day with maybe a yoguart or fruit as a snack. Today ive really tried to have 3 meals but breakfast was a struggle.

xx

on reductil i still ate my 3 healthy small meals a day but never felt like snacking. i have continued that with xenical and still getting the same results so far.

Back