Starting Xenical !!!!

smellymelly

Hiya looking for info and everyones opinion really , ive always struggled with my weight , n tried weight watchers , slimming world etc etc , i seem to get to about 10/11lb n thats it i then start going up down up down n get depressed n upset about it !!!!!!:cry:

Anyway been to my doctors for help , and he has prescribed me Xenical , now after reading up on it and what people have told me , i really dont no if i want to start taking them ?? Passing wind alot and passing some waste with it !!!! Ruined underwear , fat on the toilet bowl ...:eek: ewwwww !!!!

Is this all correct ??? Also could some of you post a typical day of what you'd eat so i can get some idea :confused::confused: .....

Thanks Mel xx

Hi Smellymelly, have a read of the threads for new starters which will give you the advice regarding the amount of fat etc. for myself i have only really had a problem on one occasion which was my fault for eating a baked potatoe with tuna mayonaise!! mayonaise is a no no. think some find salmon bad although i have been ok with. it is a bit trial and error. some of us are on myfitnesspal which is another way of supporting each other. should you go on there i had to change my username as someone else must have poppy100. my username is notagain100 if you want to add me as a friend.

Well done on starting :) if your getting fat or oil (tango) in the toilet you are not following the rules!! :)

When you cook you need to cut the oil and butter out completely, change to lurpak light which can be used to cook with or bake with. Better still fry light spray found In Most suppermarkets is great!

Change to lean meat, remove skin and fat off chicken, buy EXTRA lean mince (Sainsbury's does 3 x 500g for £10) cut all visible fat off meat, grill or bake in oven. Canned fish in water or brine not oil.

These things cause toilet issues :)
croissants, pastry items,
Sausages, anything deep fried in oil
Most or all takeaways

Weightwatches do a great range of stuff, pizzas garlic bread, ready meals you just need to check the fat per 100g - if it is 5g or under you can eat it!!

Tesco lighter choices meals are really nice

Extra light Hellmans mayo, fat free vinaigrette are within rules :)

McCain oven chips - cooked in oven are within rules, aunt Bessie roast potatoes are within rules you just need to check all packaging to make sure each item you are eating is 5g or less per 100g

This will make sure you don't get TANGO'ed

Other rules are 45g max fat per day, 15g or less fat per meal

Drink 2-3 litres water per day, diet drinks don't count towards liquid amounts :)

I take actimel 0% to help with windy issues :) and drink 25ml aloe Vera juice morning and night to help with bloating and constipation, helps keep you regular.. Health food shops sell it.

Cal counting is made really easy on myfitnesspal is a web site as well as a phone app

I am 2misbehave on myfitnesspal

Well are all here to help, chat and support you in your weight loss journey

Increase your exercise and join our challenges :)

Hi & welcome. I really can't say much the others haven't said. I've been on them for 20 weeks now, stuck to the rules (been hard at times) & no side effects apart from a bit windy when I eat eggs but to be honest I was always like that. I also say exercise is key. Don't listen to the horror stories cos if you stick to the rules it won't happen x

I also want to say I've started WW & SW so many times in the past 14 years & same as you, a stone or so & I'm stuck! The tablets act for me like willpower to keep me on the straight & narrow x

Aww thankyou everyone so much , im just so scared im not gona make it to the loo or have an embarrassing accident why in town or at work !!! Some of the things ive read sound disgusting !!! But im starting tomoz anyway , so will keep u posted on here how i do :) ...... Once again thanks for ur help xxx

I've been on Orlistat for 3 weeks nearly and not once had a tango'd moment, If you stick to the rules you'll be absolutley fine :) I too hve tried every diet under the sun, but with orli i'm actually really having to think about what i'm eating, i love it, i feel in controll and it's great !!! Good luck :) x

Don't believe everything you read, most of what is written about Xenical is written by people who think they know what they are talking about or who didn't obey the rules. Actually, it seems that the GPs who are prescribing this drug don't know enough about it themselves so aren't giving people the right (or any!) advice. Stick within those rules, just to repeat what everyone else has said. NO food with more than 5g of TOTAL fat per 100g (That's 5%) and no more than 15g of fat per meal/45g per day. You don't have to aim for that or anything, the less the better, just don't go over it. The joy of these tablets is that the fear of the side effects is the thing that keeps you eating low fat. Remember too that these tablets hang around in your system so there is no point skipping a tablet so that you can have a high fat meal. You will suffer!
Good luck, we're all here for each other so post often.

KB x

hi and welcome. like everyone else says as long as u stick to the rules u won't get no side effects. u may have a grumbly tummy at the start of medication but its nothing to worry about and doesnt cause u pain. when using xenical/orlistat correctly will lead to success. good luck on your journey xx

hi and welcome! :) Good luck on your xenical journey. i'm also on MFP hobnobsmummy85 is my username feel free to add me. Like the others have said above, just stick to the rules and you will be fine. I have gone off the rails a few times and not stuck to the rules and I have paid for it for a few days, trust me, it's not nice! lol. x

Back