Starvation Mode

Discussion in 'Calorie Counting' started by xxktxx, 31 March 2008 Social URL.

1. xxktxx

xxktxx Member

Diet:
    Calorie counted
    Hi all,

Just wondering if anyone can enlighten me more on this starvation mode malarky. I'm currently chomping my way through around 1300 healthy calories a day, but is this sufficient to stop my poor diet-riddled body thinking that the food drought has arrived and halting weightloss altogether?

If it's of any relevance I am 43, 5'6 tall and weigh 13s6lb. The draw back with what I weigh is that up until late November last year I was doing a major amount of exercise about 5 times a week so some of that weight is toned muscle and not all fat so I try to think of myself as a certain size rather than a certain weight. Right now I am a size 16 but would much prefer I wasn't.

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. minime

minime Gold Member

There are various calculators you can use to work this out, but personally I think you might be on the low end. I'm off to find a calculator link for you.

4. minime

minime Gold Member

Weight Loss - Nutracheck

Use boxes on right hand side and it will give you your daily calorie allowance based on how much you want to lose per week.

5. feeb

feeb Member

i am trying to keep myself below 1000 calories a day, is this damaging??

6. KD

KD Gone fishing

Diet:
    Was Cambridge, now maintaining
    You shouldn't really go lower than 1100 unless you are doing a VLCD formula.

7. feeb

feeb Member

okay thanks for the tip, will bump it up a wee bit. Its great to have a forum where people understand! i am so new to all this (although in retrospect i probably shouldnt be!!) and i really appreciate the support, thank you

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.