• Upgrades have been completed! Including conversations, 😁😎🏀⚾⚽ Emojis and more.. Read more

Starvation Mode

Hi all,

Just wondering if anyone can enlighten me more on this starvation mode malarky. I'm currently chomping my way through around 1300 healthy calories a day, but is this sufficient to stop my poor diet-riddled body thinking that the food drought has arrived and halting weightloss altogether?

If it's of any relevance I am 43, 5'6 tall and weigh 13s6lb. The draw back with what I weigh is that up until late November last year I was doing a major amount of exercise about 5 times a week so some of that weight is toned muscle and not all fat so I try to think of myself as a certain size rather than a certain weight. Right now I am a size 16 but would much prefer I wasn't.
Get Rid of this ad and join in on the conversation for free today! Tap here!
There are various calculators you can use to work this out, but personally I think you might be on the low end. I'm off to find a calculator link for you.
i am trying to keep myself below 1000 calories a day, is this damaging??
okay thanks for the tip, will bump it up a wee bit. Its great to have a forum where people understand! i am so new to all this (although in retrospect i probably shouldnt be!!) and i really appreciate the support, thank you