STARVING after exercise!

lisajade

Silver Member
Hi everyone

I have been increasing my exercise recently, and my hunger has become insatiable! Its at its worst immediately after my workout, but seems high the next day too. I have found that its really messing with my will-power, and I am having so many cravings. Does anyone have any suggestions for combatting this? I am doing slimming world and have a meal when I get back from the gym. I am also drinking plenty. What is it that my body is craving after my workout?

Thanks for any advice!

Hi chick, I also get really hungry after exercise. i try to eat protein(chicken, eggs, etc) before, and that helps a lots! I also snack on cereal bars right before an intense workout is planned!xx

Thanks for the response. I will definitely try this next time, thanks! This exercise lark is fairly new to me. I could have eaten several scabby horses when I did my OP :)

I get really hungry after exercise. I usually drink a pint of water. If you can manage not to give in I find the bad cravings pass after an hour. After that it's just about making sensible choices :(

You are probably thirsty are you drinking enough during exercise? Take a big bottle of chilled squash and a banana and apple, and try and time it so exercise is not too long before a meal anyway. Or if you're really famished after you could make sure you have a super filling free snack, I usually use a pack of golden/savoury rice which is lovely cold, with beetroot, sweetcorn, sprink onions and cherry toms x

Thanks for the replies. I drink loads while I'm exercise, as I am a heavy sweater... I'll up my water a bit more and have a good healthy meal soon after :)

Back