starving

lucky89

Hi. i have just started slimming world and only doing green days as i know that wouldnt be able work out any meals for original.
only thing is veg fills up for not very long. any ideas!! i havent really being using syns as wont be able limit myself, so better having nothing around. so any free treats?

mullerlights, mugshots, cut up fruit and veg (i love carrot slicks)

yea i like carrot sticks just seems be what have in most meals so wanted something different. might give yoghurts a try then, soemthing bit sweet. not bothered about savoury things like soup, something that feels like a treat.

stocking up on loads of couscous, rice and potatoes. seriously.. when i was cutting these down i was starving, shaky and headachy.

What are you eating for your meals because there is no way you should be starving. There are so many free foods you can have to fill yourself up - and that is the point of the SW plan. I do all green days and can honestly say I was never starving. And if you don't mind me saying you really should be having at least 5 syns a day othersie you're not sticking to the plan. If you don't you'll only end up feeling deprived and falling off the wagon. You don't have to use then on chocolate and biscuits, I use mine for things like pesto, butter, extra cheese or bread, mango chutney, jam, curry paste, coconut milk etc. On the question of snacks how about SW rice pudding, cous cous cake, boiled egg, highlights hot chocolate (syns), golden syrup porridge (using your syns).

You need to eat protein and carbs as they fill you up for longer. As Franbob said, couscous, rice, potatoes and pasta are pretty essential. Also if you have too few syns your weight loss may slow down or even stop. This happens to quite a few people. You need to have 5 syns a day at the very least but should aim for about 10. If you don't eat enough your body goes into starvation mode and holds onto it's fat. You've got to remember that you don't have to suffer on SW, you need to eat lots of the right foods.

As above, I have a lot of green days & I can honestly say I'm never hungry. If at supper time I'm hungry & had all my hex's I'll have a mugshot, quick & easy to make. If you like an alcholic drink use your syns on these.

For something sweet how about meringue with muller yoghurt & fruit. I think there's 2.5 syns in the meringue & I keep frozen fruit (raspberries, cherries, rhubard) in the freezer & just get out what I need.

If you've tried other diets before you're probably used to being hungry, well SW is different; believe in it, you will see the loses, but have your syns.

Take a look at the diaries on here for ideas about food & syns. Syns can be so easy to use, eg extra cheese, mayo, butter, oils, pastes in cooking (eg curry).

Have you bought the mag, there are a lot of receipes in there.

Anymore probs just ask, AND don't forget EAT :D

what is a mugshot?

Mixing lemon curd with Quark is gorgeous and goes really well on top of a meringue. Lemon curd is half a syn per tsp and you'd probably use 2 or 3 for a great big dollop of Quark! Goes lovely on top of fresh fruit too! xxx

If you do EE instead og green you can have balanced meals which contain protein,carbs and fruit and veg. This helps me stop the hunger pangs.If doing green days make sure to have protein in the form of quorn. eggs, cottage chrrse.
Alpen light bars as your Heb or as syns will give you a sweet treat, or make scan bran cakes from the recipe section.

I always have hard boiled eggs in the fridge which are filling. If I am really hungry I'll have a couple of quorn sausages and baked beans, or i'll make some spicy potatoe wedges but i often really on Uncle bens 2 minute express rice which varies from 2 -5 syns for the whole packet. Really nice with chopped egg on top and mixed with extra light mayo xx

Start a food diary and post it in the section above then we can have a look at what you are eating and give you some feed back. Its a big help and you will get lots of suggestions.

In the mean time, try rice and pasta salads, mug shots, home made soups etc.

There are loads of things!! i like scrambled egg (free) spinach (free) toast (hexb) and some smoked salmon (hexb on green free on EE and red) makes a really nice breakfast lunch or light tea!

Also i get hungry at bout 1030pm so i sometimes use my syns for some weetabix with milk!

thanks, i just think i was trying stick to eating free things far too much. But i do also understand now i am not eating enough carbs, as was mainly just using a B choice as my meat and lots of veg, which yes is filling at time but soon burns off.
Thanks for all ideas, at the end of my week i will post my diary and show how ive done. To be honest i'm jsut used to eating three meals, obv unhealthy ones! so now beinga ble snack is a weird thing for me.
also i am a uni student so need something that can take with me, keep me going through the day.

Mmmmmm I havent had scrambled eggs for ages, I might have them tonight - thanks for the idea :)

Back