Stats

I often look at peoples stats and weekly weight losses, it really helps to motivate me when I see someone with similar stats to myself

me too I always look at the stats - it really helps me think if they can do it so can I.

By the way I've finally managed to update my ticker so it's all as uptodate as pos xx

I also love the stats, I love reading them, I love putting my own on there.

In fact as a favour to the awesome Fillymum, I even put my average weekly weight loss in my weekly figures - it gives a running total.

I try to keep them up to date and expect no less from others lol.

As for public domain? - I have a website for one of my other hobbies. It contains all my home address details etc. I have no problem with privacy etc. but respect others who do;)

I do however think it's not too much to ask people's weight loss on a weight loss forum. I personally don't care if people know my weight, start weight, target weight and so forth. It helps spur me on to reach such targets.

Watching people visibly shrink week-by-week makes beginners (I'm still a beginner really) realise it is very possible for new starters to emulate this.

I also like stats and number crunching. I probably SHOULD have kept that out of the public domain :eek:

Steve (aka village idiot):D

I also love the stats, I love reading them, I love putting my own on there.

In fact as a favour to the awesome Fillymum, I even put my average weekly weight loss in my weekly figures - it gives a running total.

I try to keep them up to date and expect no less from others lol.

As for public domain? - I have a website for one of my other hobbies. It contains all my home address details etc. I have no problem with privacy etc. but respect others who do;)

I do however think it's not too much to ask people's weight loss on a weight loss forum. I personally don't care if people know my weight, start weight, target weight and so forth. It helps spur me on to reach such targets.

Watching people visibly shrink week-by-week makes beginners (I'm still a beginner really) realise it is very possible for new starters to emulate this.

I also like stats and number crunching. I probably SHOULD have kept that out of the public domain :eek:

Steve (aka village idiot):D

Brilliant response Steve !!!

Your figures are pretty impressive, you are a dedicated Sw'er.

My reaction to the public domain issue is the same as yours. I use a public domain because I have no fears about privacy. If I had I would not use public domains. Though also like you, I have a very healthy respect for the opinions of others. Live and let live.

You a village idiot ..........never !!! Or if you are you are a very eloquent and literate one lol !!!

Thank you for the *awesome* compliment
blush.gif

This might be entirely irrational, but I find it
much harder to be able to identify with people who don't post their stats, or who don't like to give anything away about themselves. Actually, that's not at all irrational - if you don't get "something" in the way of an idea of a person it is not easy to connect with them.

I appreciate people might not want to share for whatever reason, but it makes them seem a little disconnected and more distant.

That said, I probably give away too much information. Away from the net I am far less open about myself and my thoughts. It's easier to express myself on the net I suppose. I protect stuff that would compromise my personal safety or security, but as far as the me inside goes, online I am pretty much an open book. Which can get me into trouble :D

This might be entirely irrational, but I find it
much harder to be able to identify with people who don't post their stats, or who don't like to give anything away about themselves. Actually, that's not at all irrational - if you don't get "something" in the way of an idea of a person it is not easy to connect with them.

For similar reasons, and particularly given that our stats don't show anything in the way of age, gender etc, it's much easier to feel that you're getting something of that idea of a person when their avatar is actually a picture of them.

(Says an ostrich to a heelan' coo!)

For similar reasons, and particularly given that our stats don't show anything in the way of age, gender etc, it's much easier to feel that you're getting something of that idea of a person when their avatar is actually a picture of them.

(Says an ostrich to a heelan' coo!)

and please do not forget the horse lol !!!!

I think it is very difficult to be completely untraceable on the internet.

Ditto

That said, I probably give away too much information. Away from the net I am far less open about myself and my thoughts. It's easier to express myself on the net I suppose. I protect stuff that would compromise my personal safety or security, but as far as the me inside goes, online I am pretty much an open book. Which can get me into trouble :D[/QUOTE]

Who said that?

Who said what ??? I am pretty dim at times.

I was a pink wooly bear for ages - with no stats.

Now its just me - and lots of stats! x

Way to go Ellebear !!!! Great weight loss. You will most defo' be at target for the autumn wedding.............ohhh am longing to see all the dresses.

Back