Stay at home mums

Hi

Well done. I think I have done ok this week, poss a pound. I went to a zumba class this week, it was really hard work!!

Jo

How did you get on today Jo? I love Zumba! I haven't been for months though due to how expensive the classes are but the gym I've joined that opens beginning of July is running them (at an additional cost of £2 per class as they bring in outside instructors) so I will be going again, I can't bloomin wait!

Hello!

Can I join in to please? I am a SAHM to my just 4 year old boy and hoping to soon start my own business up from home, My boy start full time school in sept so I am hoping I will be able to find something to earn a bit more money.
I have in the past been on SW and managed to lose 3 stone however unfortunatly I have gained nearly all that back again and I really dont have the motivation to get myself back on the plan again so I am looking for some help and encouragement. I cant really afford to go to the classes so I usually do the plan from home as I have all the books etc that I need, I just need the encouragement form other slimmers now. Please help!

Hi

Can I join you. I'm Siobhan and I am a stay at home Mum. We have a 19 year old (in university) (started young), 7 year old boy and 3 year old girl.

I've been doing SW since 21st April and I am really enjoying it.

My WI day is Wednesday. I didn't go last week as I was involved in a serious car accident, but hopefully I will get a STS this week.

I see from some of the earlier posts that some of you also love Zumba. I try and go twice a week. Wow does it make you sweat.

Looking forward to sharing our weight up and downs on this thread :)

Hi there,

I would like to join this thread if thats ok i am a stay at home mum, i have a 5 year old and a 2 year old. I have just started back on the sw diet and am really hoping to get to my goal this time as i have 3 weddings to go to next year. i find it so hard so need motivation and i thought this thread would be good.

I hope everyone is getting on well.

Oh p.s i have brought zumber for the wii actually i got it for mothers day and haven't even used it yet - looking forward to trying it just haven't got round to it yet - must try and do it tomorrow maybe!

Hi Tracey!
I too have Zumba for the Wii......seriously sweaty work, make sure you have plenty of water close by for those few seconds in between ur routines!! I have started off doing just 20 mins every 2 days and the days I dont do Zumba I do the Wii Fit. I unfortunatly look like a drunk elephant when I do Zumba as I have no co-ordination at all in fact I may have 2 left feet but I try my best and the way I look at it is....if your sweaty, red and out of breath then its a good work out!!! Good Luck with it, let me know how you get on!!

Yes I have heard that it is hard work, maybe that's what has put me off doing it! I'm sure you don't look like an elephant, but I know what you mean I am the same, I did a dance class with my sister-in-law once (she use to dance and is quite good at it, so the moves came naturally to her) I just looked stupid and could remember all the moves, plus I was very hot and sweaty but then like you say that makes for a good workout!! That is actually the reason I got it in the first place, I really fancied trying zumber but want to do it in the privacy of my own home ie nobody watching me well except for the kids and well they don't judge they just would join in!! Hope you are having a good day.

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Yay, hello the all the newbies :D

I hope this thread can really help keep us all motivated, especially as we're probably at home more than most so its probably more difficult to avoid temptation, especially the kids treats! How are you all getting on so far?

I lost 3lbs this week and got my next award :D which I was really happy about. Only 3 more WIs til my holiday so need to really kick things up another notch now.

I've asked for Zumba on the Wii for my birthday on 31st july, I absolutely love the classes so hopefully I'll like the wii game (if i get it lol). My new gym I joined ages ago opens tomorrow but I won't be able to get there til some time next week as my hubbys grandad passed away last night so he's going down to devon to be with his family tomorrow for the weekend.

I hope everyone is having a good week, how has everyones WIs gone this week?

I lost a lb this week, which I'm happy with as I had a car crash just over a week ago and we did have about 5 take aways after the crash.

I'm aware that I will have to be careful this week as it might creep back on.

Not up to much tonight, but my self and the hubbie are heading into London tomorrow to do some shopping, cinema and go for a nice dinner. I'm not going to be too stressed over syns as we don't often get time to ourself.

Sorry to hear about your husbands grandad. x

Oh no, hope the accident wasn't too serious and everyones ok!
Well done with the lb loss, thats great. Have a lovely time in london, sounds like you deserve some you time.

Vix xx

Hi,
I would like to join your group too. I'm a stay at home mum to Olivia who is 9 months and Josh who is 8.
I have been to a SW group but after stopping have now decided to go it alone (if I can). Started again on Saurday so we will have to see.....
I find it very difficult not to eat everything in the house if I get a bit bored so have fully stocked up on mugshots etc.
Be nice to speak to people if I get the urge to munch!!!

Jackie
xx

Hi Bagpuss, welcome to the group! I'm exactly the same when I'm bored, and mugshots are a great fix, I've decided I'm going to make some super speed soup this week to snack on instead for those moments. I need to kick up my weight loss with only 2 WIs before my holiday now after only losing half a pound this week.

Good luck with going it 'alone' although you're never alone when you're on here, if you get the urge to munch just come on and let it out. Keep us updated on how you're getting on xxx

How is everyone else doing, I've been about much but its pretty quiet atm. Hope you're all doing ok. xxxxx

Had my first weigh in on Monday and have lost 4lbs!!:D well chuffed with myself.

However I am away this weekend from friday morning until Monday morning so will be eating out....Duuun...duunn...Duuuuuurnnn!!!
Please help!! any advice of good places to eat out at for SW eaters would be great please.
I have been keeping up to date with my excersise, I have been doing Zumba Mondays, Wednesdays and Fridays and then the days in between I am doing my Wii Fit, really hard work, especially on the legs, however now have blisters on the underneath of my feet were I have been doing the Calypso and twisting my feet, I just hope all this pain is worth it.

Welcome Newbies good to hear from you!!
Do you all really enjoy them mugshots??? I just cant take away the fact that I am expecting them to taste like Pot Noodles which I love!!! so I steer clear of them because it will put me in the mood for them then.:)

Well done babieg! Thats a fab 1st loss! Where are you going away? If I eat out I mainly stick with steak, jacket potato with salad, or have a salad and ask for any dressing on the side or you could have chicken breast without the dressing if they can do that and then have new potatoes & veg, or any tomato based pasta dishes without cream or wine in, and if they do a chicken one like that it would prob be less syns than say a mince one as its probably not extra lean mince. Good luck this week and allow yourself the odd treat, you deserve to enjoy yourself too! Well done on the body magic as well, I'm sure the pain and blisters will only be temporary.

I'm away this weekend to but visiting hubbys family down in devon for his grandads funeral, we're either staying with his cousin or his gran, not sure which yet, but we'll be subject to whatever they feed us, hopefully it will be pretty SW friendly as they eat quite healthy anyway, but tbh its the least of my worries, I just wanna make sure hubby is ok.

Keep up the good work everyone xxx

Awww So sorry to hear about your hubbys Grandad I am sure all will go well and hubby will be fine especially with you by his side.

Hubby and I are big horse fans so we are off to Nottingham Races this Friday, then travelling back to Milton Keynes on the Saturday morning before heading back up North Saturday afternoon to my home town Liverpool as my best friends daughter is being Christened on the Sunday morning then travelling back home to MK on the Sunday afternoon, so will be out on the road an awful lot. Friday night I think is going to be the hardest as we are meeting up with friends and going somewhere for a meal and drinks and lets just say that none of them really need to watch their weight so were we eat isnt really an issue for any of them so I dont really want to be the one who says .....ooh i cant eat there they're not SW friendly... and another thing dont know about you guys but I for one never tell anyone when I am on a diet or following a plan as I like it when they just say randomly....Oooh are you losing weight?...gives me a bit of a confidence boost and the encouragement to keep on track, rather than telling people you are on a diet and then them saying....yes I thought you had lost weight!....doesnt really have the same effect as I feel they are only saying that to make you feel better. Also I went to the Harvester with some friends a while back when I was on a stint of SW and I had loads of salad, with loads of grilled chicken and steak with loads of pasta...plus I took a little bottle of my own salad dressing with me and poured it over my salad and all I got the whole way through me eating my meal was.....Thought you were on a diet???....and then came the giggles and the laughter saying....oh yeah some diet that is!! but the wouldnt believe me that I could eat all this stuff, so not only was it annoying but it was also very embarrassing as the other diners kept looking over at me because of the other friends being so loud....so thats why I have decided to keep schtum about the whole weight loss thing and let them see for themselves how well I am doing.

I think you are right about going for the steak/chicken option and the Jacket potato, this is where Extra Easy plan is essential. I just need to watch my syns with regards to my Vodkas!!

Oh and at this very moment in time....my body does not feel magic!! ;) I am sure it will in time, just so long as i keep up with it.

Hope all goes well with the funeral, I am sure he will have a lovely send off, take care xx

Hi,

Sorry to hear of the loss your hubby's family have had.

Haven't posted for a while due to son starting school holidays.

I managed to lose 4 1/2 pounds on my first weigh in at home! I'm quiet impressed with myself!

I'm finding that i'm really struggling with ideas for lunches, it could be anything seeing as i'm at home but my mind just goes blank. I do normally have cereal for breakfast so bread is out unless I syn it. If anyone could help me I would be grateful.

xxxx

Bagpuss77 said:
Hi,

Sorry to hear of the loss your hubby's family have had.

Haven't posted for a while due to son starting school holidays.

I managed to lose 4 1/2 pounds on my first weigh in at home! I'm quiet impressed with myself!

I'm finding that i'm really struggling with ideas for lunches, it could be anything seeing as i'm at home but my mind just goes blank. I do normally have cereal for breakfast so bread is out unless I syn it. If anyone could help me I would be grateful.

xxxx

I had SW quiche the other day. It was really nice. Search on the website for the recipe. Great loss for your first WI.

Thanks ladies! It was a lovely send off for him and I managed to maintain this week after not really sticking to plan while I was away so quite pleased with that.

How did your weekend go Babieg?

Well done on your first weeks loss bagpuss! Thats brill. I sometimes get stuck with lunches too. I tend to have jacket potato with beans or tuna and salad, chicken salad, omlette, left overs from night befores dinner, slimming world fry up, or home made superspeed soup. If i know I'm going to have a busy day I often make my lunch the night before when doing hubbys pack up so I'm not tempted to just grab something high in syns. Hope this helps xxx

Hi Sarahandmolly. course you can join, the more the merrier. How are you finding things?

Hope everyone is doing ok xx

I am such a let down!

Oh dear god......my weekend!!! well I would like to just score a line through it. I can officially say that I really DO NOT under any circumstance have that thing called Will Power, and whoever introduced it needs to be shot!

I started off well......ermmm....Diet pepsi in me Vodkas!!
Then met up with friends for a meal and it was one of these world buffet places I helped myself to the salad bar for my starters and had grilled prawns on a skewer with my salad. Then I went up for my mains and it was far far far to tempting, everything was there from currys, to pizzas, to chinese and English dishes, I first piled my plate with plain boiled rice then looked for something that wasnt fattening to have with it.....believe it or not it proved to be quite difficult, so what i done was tried to sieve out the curry sauce from the chicken masala curry and just have the chicken with a small amount of sauce coating on it. I sat down ready to tuck in took a mouth full of chicken and the stuff nearly blew my head off!!! so once I had cooled down i just went up to the chinese section and helped myself to a small plate of starters....I wont say what I had but you all know what I am talking about...so that was the friday night.
Saturday morning didnt have any breakfast we left the awful hotel and headed back down to MK collected my son and headed back up north to Liverpool, where before I had even got myself back on Slimming World we had promised our son that we would go to Pizza hut.....and he hadnt forgotten!!! so we shall skip pizza hut!!! and go on to Sunday where I had felt soooo guilty for eating sooo much I had a bowl of porridge in the morning at breakfast in the hotel, we went to the Christening and I just stayed away from the buffet I sent hubby up to get sons food and I ate nothing all day and by the time we got back to MK I was far to tired to even think about food so I went to bed without anything but porridge from the morning in my tummy! Have been trying yet again to find this blasted will power but I can feel myself failing yet again....so I went and picked up the SW magazine for some inspiration and new recipes been flicking today, so tonight I have baked salmon, new potatos and green beans, had my Oat-so simple this morning and one of them mug shot things which was vile! so am starving now but going to wait until hubby comes in but I know he is going to be late!

I so wish I could afford one of these personal trainers and a personal chef!!!

How is everyone else doing? any tasty new recipes out there worth a try?

God am hungry!!!!:mad:

Back