STAYED THE SAME FOR 8 WEEKS

kazbryn

Can anyone help with ideas what I can do to get off this plateau. It is not that I only have a little weight to lose, I have around 3stone to lose.

I am now getting fed up, don't want to give up but how many more weeks will I stay the same?

Any advice would be great.

SWC has looked at my diary and says to keep at it and to perhaps change the types of food I am eating. Not sure how I am going to do this. Last week I tried having cereal for breakfast instead of yoghurt and fruit but then I end up starving around 11am when I have cereal.

Its so disheartening when it seems as though the plan isn't working but, and please don't take this the wrong way, are you sure you're 100% on plan? With 3 stones to lose you should be able to be pretty flexible with the plan and still manage to lose a little every week. Maybe you could do a food diary on here and let us know what type of things you're eating, and we can offer advise.

Could you give some examples from you food diary so maybe we could give some pointers?

SWC has looked at my diary and says to keep at it and to perhaps change the types of food I am eating. Not sure how I am going to do this. Last week I tried having cereal for breakfast instead of yoghurt and fruit but then I end up starving around 11am when I have cereal.

If you're not sure then ask your C just what things she thinks you should change.

Why not have cereal and fruit. Thats what freefood is for, to stop you from being "starving"!! Eat regular meals then just grab fruit whenever you feel hungry.

Are you eating enough? The amount of fruit I tuck into at breakfast is probably around 3x a normal sized portion and I have it with a yogurt and all bran or branflakes. Then at lunchtime I'll have a ham salad sarnie with fruit to follow. Our C always says "if you can get your mouth around your sarnie then you haven't got enough filling in it" lol. For my evening meal my plate is at least half full of veggies and it looks like I'm eating twice as much as my husband but the majority of it is all freefood.

Just fill up your plate/dish and tuck in hun. SW is renowned for "never going hungry".

Hello!

Have you thought about exercise? Getting a bit active? That's great for giving your body a bit of a push to burn those cals, as it needs extra energy to sustain all that extra movement! Even just going for a half hour walk three times a week would help.

Are you making sure that 1/3 of your plate is superfree? Sometimes I don't lose so much in a week, or even maintain, and it's normally because I've not been having as much superfree as I should, even though the majority of my food is free.

Why not make up some speed soup to snack on and see if that helps? Also, scan brans can be used to kick start some loss sometimes?

And are you drinking enough water, sometimes if you aren't drinking enough you hold onto water so maybe try drinking at least 2lts of water a day and see if it helps?
Good luck! :)

Another thing to think about are you EATING enough I know this may sound silly but if not you won't loss as your body thinks your starving.

I'm having the same problem. Since trying Dukan my system has been messed up a bit. I am now back to GI and I think I may be retaining water due to the influx of carbs again. Plus, I may not be eating enough.

I have 2 stone to lose. I have been stuck now for over 2 weeks so think I will just have to be patient.

Hi
Thank you all for your replies I will give some thought to what I am eating and see if I can change anything.

Today I have had:

B'fast: Muller light yoghurt

Lunch: Tomato, cucumber, lettuce and ham,turkey, onion quiche made with fat free cottage cheese and 3 eggs. Followed by a peach, strawberries, grapes

Evening Meal: cabbage, carrots, lettuce, cucumber, tomato, chicken with slimming world wedges.

My 'A' choice is 250ml semi skimmed milk

I have had glasses of water and a glass of diet coke.

this week I lost for the first time in weeks. I had stuck to it 100%,drunk water and followed all the other advice.This week mixed up plans-had ee some days and red the others and I lost 2lb. Maybe thats what she means by different.

If your stuck try sucess express... extra easy with 2 Hex a and 2 B but 2/3 super free not 1/3

are you using your syns aswell. i loose more if i use my syns for the week.

Me too, I have far better weight losses when I use my syns!

x

Hi
Thank you all for your replies I will give some thought to what I am eating and see if I can change anything.

Today I have had:

B'fast: Muller light yoghurt

Lunch: Tomato, cucumber, lettuce and ham,turkey, onion quiche made with fat free cottage cheese and 3 eggs. Followed by a peach, strawberries, grapes

Evening Meal: cabbage, carrots, lettuce, cucumber, tomato, chicken with slimming world wedges.

I have had glasses of water and a glass of diet coke.

Where is your B choice and any syns?

Hi Kaz, I'm pretty much seeing the same as Lucy - where's your B choice (that's important for you to get enough fibre in your system; people often find that the right B choice is very positive for their losses, too. Personally I do well when I have fibre plus bars, which have the added bonus of chocolate :D).

B'fast: Muller light yoghurt where's your superfree with this meal? 1/3 of every meal needs to be superfree; try melon or strawberries or mango or something (and that will keep you full faster, too). FWIW I personally don't do that well with mullers because they're so sweet and changed over to the total 0% and did a bit better on it.

Lunch: Tomato, cucumber, lettuce and ham,turkey, onion quiche made with fat free cottage cheese and 3 eggs. Followed by a peach, strawberries, grapes This looks good - although you must have been RAVENOUS by the time it came to lunch time; did you have any snacks before hand? Fruit or anything? I tend to split up my meals a little more than you do and have the "puddingy" bit as snacks instead, YMMV on wether that's something that works for you or not.

Evening Meal: cabbage, carrots, lettuce, cucumber, tomato, chicken with slimming world wedges. looks good.

I have had glasses of water and a glass of diet coke

Where are your syns, too? Not having any is a bit low, especially as you've still a reasonable way to go. Maybe a little mayo in your salad, or real oil in the wedges would work for you? Or maybe some almonds or brazil nuts? Healthy fats?

Could you have magic porridge for breakfast? It's HEB of oats (28g) mixed with FF yogurt (plain or flavoured). I do mine night before as it need time for oats to suck up the yogurt. I then add banana/raspberries/strawberries etc to it in the morning.

Also you need to have syns

Good luck

x

Back