staying after class

yorkshirejo

only joined 3 weeks ago and have been staying for the talk after class,i go on my own and nearly everyone who go,s as freinds with them.which i dont mind after all im doing it for myself
i dont mind as much the reading out of weightloss and the clapping although i feel a bit silly
what i feel uncomfortable about is what have you been eating? and so on
i forget and feel silly talking as im quite shy as i dont know anyone then she asks how i intend to stay on the plan for next week? sorry if i sound a moan but i just like to stay for ideas and motivation from some girls that like to be open about everything and have a laugh with their freinds
im seriously thinking about just getting weighed and then leaving i sit at the back but appart from reading the losses and gains i feel like nothing to say

Maybe your confidence will grow with each week and your weight loss. I feel that your consultant is just trying to include and encorouge you.. but as a person you obviously find it quite discomforting. I would suggest perservering, because staying at class does the world of good. Honestyly. I make a point of staying everyother week atleast, if not every week. Maybe explain to your consultant privatly if you continue to feel this way...

hope you feel better soon hunny! x

yorkshirejo I am in the same position as you. I have been on SW since beginning of April, and the people in the class aren't very friendly or welcoming. All my consultant does is read out losses/gains. There is no inspiration or ideas.

So i'm going to change classes week after next once my countdown runs out.

x

HI,

I was like that, but the more you go, the more your confidence will grow and it will be more in your comfort zone to talk easily about your journey.

I think also you can ask your leader to miss you out of image therapy or just briefly skim over your week, if you feel shy pr embarrassed :)

I was really quite and embarrased the first few weeks after I joined. I think i thought that everybody was going to judge me but my god I was wrong. I couldnt ask for a better group of people. My consultant is fantastic and so supportive and hearing other peoples journeys help me. Keep at it and hopefully you will feel more and more comfortable. Either that or find a friend to take a long with you, thats what I did Tuesday just passed and you get a free week for it :) !

i think ill see what happens next week and just try and keep it simple and let the people with more confidence take over

yorkshirejo I am in the same position as you. I have been on SW since beginning of April, and the people in the class aren't very friendly or welcoming. All my consultant does is read out losses/gains. There is no inspiration or ideas.

So i'm going to change classes week after next once my countdown runs out.

x

Oh no what a shame!!! *hugs* thats awful.. i do hope you find a better consultant! I cannot stand hearing about consultants like this! x

Oh no what a shame!!! *hugs* thats awful.. i do hope you find a better consultant! I cannot stand hearing about consultants like this! x

Thanks hun.

I've heard that the consultant at the class I'm looking to join is really nice so fingers crossed!

x

only joined 3 weeks ago and have been staying for the talk after class,i go on my own and nearly everyone who go,s as freinds with them.which i dont mind after all im doing it for myself
i dont mind as much the reading out of weightloss and the clapping although i feel a bit silly
what i feel uncomfortable about is what have you been eating? and so on
i forget and feel silly talking as im quite shy as i dont know anyone then she asks how i intend to stay on the plan for next week? sorry if i sound a moan but i just like to stay for ideas and motivation from some girls that like to be open about everything and have a laugh with their freinds
im seriously thinking about just getting weighed and then leaving i sit at the back but appart from reading the losses and gains i feel like nothing to say

hello
next week when you go ask your leader not to include you in the read out of the weights thats what i did with mine and she was fine about it

Hi, I know how you feel, I am slightly dreading this part tomorrow morning, I'd sort of got used to it at my old class (and probably ended up blathering on longer than necessary ;) ) but then stopped going and have my first full session at new group tomorrow (last Mon was bank holiday and DD didn't want to stay as she was BORED). I haven't kept a food diary and haven't stuck to the plan terribly well (see my diary...) but I do know basically where I went wrong and I have a plan for the next week to improve... I don't really know if I want to talk about all this in front of a load of strangers though!

Still, it does get easier and more comfortable, but if you feel really awkward maybe you could ask your consultant to be gentle with you for a few weeks ;) Maybe after a few weeks of minimal talking you might feel a bit more comfortable with the group, and find yourself chatting away.

When I first joined last September I felt exactly the same. The was a little clique of people that were always, the loudest, most funny with the best ideas and advice etc. They'd obviously been there the longest and had fantastic weight losses. Anyway, now I'm with them. We all sit together in a little group, chattering too much and having a giggle. We swap clothes, meet up for coffee, hit the charity shops together....it's great. I have new friends and yet when I joined I didn't know a soul and never knew what to say when the limelight fell on me. One phrase which I always fall back on when I'm stuck for something to say is 'getting back to basics'. :D

Hey, I feel like this my first week I joined at the end of class so didn't see the group then stayed the 2nd but not the 3rd as I felt shy. I wish that I had stayed as I did not feel motivated that week, hoping I will stay today.

I felt like this when I joined my group last year, there was a group of ladies who seemed to dominate & I always felt fat (hence SW), ugly & I sat at the back & kept my head down. Now though it is so different, by staying nearly every week I have got to know them & they know me, we chat together & have a laugh at each other together, now I help out with the shop & the weighing & help with other things at the group.

Please give it a chance & stay to group, I am sure after a couple of months you will start to feel like you are part of it & as you lose the weight your confidence with naturally grow.

Good luck x

I've never known anyone at my class either, but if you ask your leader to leave you out she will. And do stay to class. I never do as well if I don't. This will be week 5 for me. I'm just hoping as they get to know my face that I'll be able to join in more. But our leader is great, and I'm really in the mood at the mo!

Back