Staying over in a hotel - help!

New

Silver Member
Hi all,

Typical, on my first week at SW, I'm staying in a hotel for work two days before WI!

I'm staying in a Holiday Inn so I could eat there (though I don't know what the menu is like), but looking at Google I'm near a Bella Italia, Chiquitios, McDonalds and a Beefeater!

Any ideas on what the best thing to have would be and where? I don't want to venture too far from the hotel as it's in a city I've never been to and I'm all on my own!

Thank you in advance :)

P.S - at group, some of the ladies were saying that when you know you are going to have a bad day, they think nothing less of it, but when you try to stick to plan but are going out, you spend all your time thinking of what to eat. I think that's true as this is freaking me out! :(

Sent by magic from my HTC Desire

If you Google the Holiday Inn there might be menus you can look at to give you an idea of what they serve.

The Holiday Inns I have stayed in have had a wide choice of things to eat. Breakfast tends to be a buffet, with loads of fruit, cheese, ham, yogurt, etc. Last time I made up a huge fruit plate and never even looked at the hot food.

Hi,

Thanks for your reply.

I found a menu, not too sure how old it is though. I'm going to go for tandoori chicken (which I love) 9.5 syns on EE and I can have rice too! Just need to be super good during the day.

Will order a side salad too. Will take all my will power to resist chips and poppadoms!

For breakfast, I'm going to take my All Bran and fill up on fruit like you suggest. For lunch I can get a salad from Subway.

It's not as bad as I thought! Phew..... I hate change!

I was staying away in a premier inn i ended up taking mug shots with me and having them in my room one night lol

I usually go for the salads or wholemal pasta dishes.

That's a good idea, I should have done that!

Well the Holiday Inn I'm at only service pizza! Are they trying to test me???

So, I walked over to the nearest Beefeater and ordered the following :

Chicken skewer
Replaced the bottomless chips (bottomless???!??) with a jacket potato
Mixed salad

Does that sound ok?

Back