Staying strong (very long)

SerenityValley

Surgically happy.
Ten things that get me through this programme.

I've been on LL for 131 days now, which is longer than I thought I would be when I initially decided to do it (I thought I'd do it for 14 weeks). I was happy enough to decide to do it for longer. But still 131 days is a long time.

Cost wise, I think LL will have cost me over £2500 by the time I finish. Sounds like a lot of money but I was spending roughly the same each week on junk. It's only now that I know I'd be spending a lot less, as I've already adjusted in my head what I want to do. (Cooking everything myself, removing most processed food from my life). So in real terms it's cost is a more "seasonally adjusted" £500 to £1000 by the time I've finished. Not too high a price to pay, to lose so much weight and the price of not losing weight was going to be much harder to pay. Besides, I spend much more on my rats - they mean the world to me, so why shouldn't I mean the world to me too?

At the time of writing I've lost 5lbs shy of 6st on LL which is amazing (in a couple of days I hope to be a few ounces from having lost 6st on LL). I have just shy of 2.5 stone to lose, to get to what I hope will be my final target.

I'm basically 2/3rds of the way through the weight loss phase, as I am hopeful that I have between 8 and 12 weeks to go. At current rate of loss, I'm looking at 8 weeks, but it is likely to slow and I think that will add 4 weeks.

There is also the possibility that as I approach 12st 7lbs, I will want to trim another half a stone or so off. But this will only be if I really need to, more than want to.

I have a variety of things that get me through each week.

Reason number 1. As you all probably know, I haven't lapsed for even a second. Nothing I shouldn't have, not a crumb. I know if I lapse, I will struggle to do this anymore. I knew that before I saw the struggles that some wonderful people here have been through recently. So I continue to battle through it, and use the previous 131 days to influence the next 58.

Reason number 2. Time is going to pass whether I lose weight or not. If I stopped today, then in 58 days time, I would know that I could have been thin. Not hope. Not maybe. I would have been thin. This is a very powerful reason.

Reason number 3. I have been overweight all my life. ALL of my life. Admittedly as a young boy, it was only a small amount of puppy fat but it was at a time when everyone was thin. In the 70's school classes tended to have 1 fat boy and 1 fat girl. I wasn't very fat but I was the biggest so I got to be the fat boy. I'm now only 58 days away from being thin/a healthy weight.

Reason number 4. Women aren't interested in men the size I was - I haven't really had anyone interested in me for many years, and I want to experience that again.

Reason number 5. I will live a longer, healthier, more active life. I've already gained 2 hours a day, as I do not need as long to rest.

Reason number 6. My life is changing entirely, and I like who I am now. The old, fat me is gone and I never want to see him again. I've become confident, have repaired much of the damage that social isolation caused and become someone who can make friends and this will only continue to improve.

Reason number 7. My friends and family and the support they've given me. I am doing this for me (I believe it's the only way to do it - because when you do it for others, it's easier to rebel if they upset you), but I want them to benefit too. I have some wonderful friends who have offered nothing but suppport and kindness. The messages I recieve keep me going through each week and excited for the future.

Reason number 8. I have never experienced being thin. I expected to die young, having stayed morbidly obese almost all my adult life. In all honesty, I probably could have died at any age between now and 50 (of course I still could!). I wasn't enjoying my life, so wouldn't have enjoyed what was left of it.

Reason number 9. I not only looked awful, old, ugly but I looked ill. I now look ok but most importantly, I don't look ill.

Reason number 10. I deserve this.

What an amazing post Andy, thank you for sharing with us.

We all have individual motivators for being where we are today and taking action about our weight & I'm sure many of your points will resonate with others here. There's certainly 6 or 7 that I share with you.

As you say, living longer is only a benefit if you feel fit, healthy and enjoying being who you are. I think you've already proved that.

2 hours a day more! WOW That's the equivalent of a WHOLE MONTH bonus each year! or if you take a 16hour waking day 45 more days each year. What are you going to do with that time, just think of the possibilities.

And only 58 days left until you reach goal (at worst)!

Awesome

great post andy
like i said before you are a real inspiration to all cant believe you are getting so close to goal it maybe 131 days but it seems quicker than that some how. i'm so proud of your positivity i know it hasnt always been the easiest ride for you
looking forward to hearing about your next 131 days
ella
x

Fantastic post Andy, I feel inspired all over again just from reading it.

I especially like this one;

SV said:
Reason number 10. I deserve this.

You're damn right you do!
Keep up the positive vibes and strength; 131 days without a lapse is a seriosuly huge achivement.

Be very proud of yourself :)

Andy, you've done so fantastically well, and I just know you're going to succeed! You already have succeeded actually. It's just you're going to be a super-succeeder!

I like how you write everything like that out so that you can see what it is that's keeping you going.

131 Days without a single lapse. I am soooooo completely in awe of you!

Well done babe you definitely deserve this and all the happiness and confidence it is bringing to you.

B x

Reason number 10. I deserve this.[/quote]

Absobloominlutey you do.
Excellent post :happy096:

Andy, I just wanted to say 'well done you!'
I think you are doing an amazing job and you are definitely an inspiration. I can empathise with you about the school thing, i too was the 'fat' girl in the year. I'm looking forward to my reaching goal sometime this year when i can say goodbye to the 'fat girl' for once and for all.
I hope you get everything you ever dreamed of - you do DESERVE it :)

sharon xoxo

Hear Hear Andy.
Well done you.
Fantastic achievement.
I wish you a long, slim and happy life.
I haven't worked out the money, but I'VE
saved a lot on not going out for meals and not drinking etc.so it won't be as bad as it appears at first.
I 'M sure you'll find love this year.

Andy, that has to be in the top ten most inspirational and motivational posts on this forum. I'm having a really good day and it's been one of those WOW days for me, but I'm going to take note of this thread and go back to it if I go through any difficult times in the future, because they are some damn good reasons to stick to LL 100%!!

Thanks!

AW, that was really lovely Andy. YOu have really put in some hard work - I know there were times you struggled, but your persaverence has paid of ten-fold. It resonates clearly you are a changed man.

Well done you. Well done.

Oh, and I was the fat girl in class. I know exactly what you mean.

<hugS> Bravo!!! :) :) :)

xx

Fabulous post Andy, fabulous loss and fabulous understanding of yourself and why/how you needed to do this and how you would achieve it. You really deserve your success - enjoy :)

Wow, what an amazing achievement to date! You must be so fed up of hearing it, but what an inspirational post, but an inspirational person!

Congratulations to you on your achievement to date, and may the next few months fly by for you.

Louale x

Lovely moving post Andy thanks for sharing with us
Reason no4 watch out they will be knocking down your door now

Andy I have been struggling today and just read your post. All of a sudden I have my resolve back. Absolutely brilliant, inspirational and motivational post. Thank you so much.

You look fantastic already but I know you'll stay with it to the point you are happy with your new body. And now I know I can do this too.

Back