Staying to class

DearFatty

Silver Member
How important do you think it is for you to stay to class. I have found that unless I commit to going every week and staying that I can easily lose my motivation and would quickly be back to square one.
I think those that slim by themselves at home are really good as there is no way I could do it - I even tried online and failed at that too.
So, for me its class every week. What about you ?

I think the class is very important, it sets me up for the week to come, gives me the motivation to stick to the plan.

i only joined 3 weeks ago stayed to the class that week and lost 7lb but after that never stayed or lost so going to stay again

Since re-doing the plan, I have not gone to class as I used to go religiously and lost the will to live when I was there!
I was fed up of hearing the stories about how people had cheated and lost masses of weight and I had stayed the same and was doing it 100%.
I found it quite depressing really, but it comes down to your consultant, if you have one that motivates you and makes going to the class something to look forward to then you are onto a winner, otherwise its not worth going.

I absolutely could not do this without staying to class - I have never missed a week unless I have been on holiday and thats been for 21 months!!
If I didn't go I wouldn't stick to it, it's too easy to drift off track and there's no way I would still be at target.

I love the fact that it's my time away from OH and kids and to be honest, it's my bit of social life too (sad or what!!). I've made some very good friends there.

So for me, it's a defintive YES!!!

I agree - I've only missed a class if I've been on holiday or sick. I love my class and I love my C - she's the best one I've ever had on any 'diet'. Class is a social aspect for me too and a couple of my friends go so, like Jaylou says, it's a night away that hubby is doing baby's bath and bedtime and I enjoy it!

I definitely agree with the others, staying to class is a must. It seems to focus my mind far more than just turning up, getting on the scales and then leaving. It also seems pointless to pay £4.50 just to get weighed!

The weeks I dont stay to class I don't do too well but the class I go to is one of the most successful in Kent and has got far too large so I haven't stayed for the past few weeks and haven't lost.

The weeks I dont stay to class I don't do too well but the class I go to is one of the most successful in Kent and has got far too large so I haven't stayed for the past few weeks and haven't lost.
The class I go to has 4 sessions all in one day I go to the lunchtime session, there are usually about 15 to 20 people who stay. The other sessions are a lot busier.

The class I used to go to was like that - it got so that there were 40 or so members staying for class, and it was running a full half hour or hour over the end time. :( The one I go to now is a daytime one with about 15-20 people which is much better, much more personal and friendly.

Hi
I enjoy staying to class for the tips, recipe ideas and motivation.
Our SWC is quite new and now I would say there are about 15-20 members that stay - so we finish at a reasonable time. Have been to larger classes and toward the end it can get a bit 'manic'
Irene

the classes motivate you, i dont always stay after WI but having to go and get weighed every week really motivates me.

I stay for class. It's not the high point of my social calendar, but just knowing that I have to weigh and actually be made aware of my progress, whether lost or gained, is the motivation I need. Otherwise I would just stray, no doubt about it.

I have to stay! Otherwise I tend to lose motivation - the threat of getting on the scales and gaining (and then having to talk about the gain during Image Therapy) is normally enough to help me stay focused throughout the week...! For me there is no point paying the £4.50 unless I stay.

Really admire those who can go it alone though! :)

Reading your posts has made up my mind for me. The closest daytime class for me is in another county so I'm going to wait until my current countdown expires (4 weeks. My consultant hasn't given me any countdown vouchers and it will just be so much hassle to change before especially as they are in different 'leader' groups) and swap classes to the daytime one.

Good decision! Hope you get on well with your new class!! :)

Back