STEAK!!

Jonsgirl80

Silver Member
Hi all,

I was wondering if anyone had any ideas what I can do with stewing steak.

I usually eat chicken but i was getting a bit fed up of it so I thought I'd get some stewing steak for a change and now my mind's gone completely blank and I just cant think what to do with it.

I think it'll be really tough if I cook it without any kind of sauce, so I was thinking about some nice onion gravy but all the gravy I've seen seems quite high carb so I'm guessing I probably cant have it? Cant do curry either cos my mister doesnt like it :sigh:

I've had a quick browse on the recipe thread but I cant seem to see anything.

Help please :confused:

Tesco do a fresh stock that isn't too bad.
I would put it in a slow cooker or casserole dish & add spring onions (lower than normal ones), spices, chilli flakes, 'gia' tomato puree (the lowest, Vicky found it :)) & a couple of stock cubes. I think they are called 'kalo' organic ones, get them in Tesco 0.4 carbs per cube. Cook long & slow.
God, I want that now, lol

why not make a curry love.

Oooo Cinta that sounds lovely thanks.

Thanks Jim, I've got such a craving for curry but my other half is a fussy eater and he wont even try curry. Grrrrr.

Thanks Jim, I've got such a craving for curry but my other half is a fussy eater and he wont even try curry. Grrrrr.
well he can make something for himself LOL x

LOL make him a small stew or casserole then . :)

Thanks,

Lol yeah I would get him to make his own if I was feeling mean but he's been really supportive so I guess I should be kind and cook his tea, he usually has what I have but he's so unadventurous with his food it drives me mad.

I got some of them kalo stock cubes Cinta mentioned from Tesco. I found some others though that were yeast free - only 0.2 carbs per cube - result!! :D

My Husband used to be a "culinary dinosaur" too until my Dad made curry one night and said he could either try it and if he didn't like it then he'd make him something else or don't try it and starve! He tried it, liked it and now eats vindaloo!!! Did the same for chinese food and blue cheeses and worked a charm!

i have just watched 'Jamie Does'...it was in marrakesh the one i was watching and he made a beef tagine, beef spices and chickpeas all slow cooked..

im going to have a look around and find some recipes as it looked gorgeous!

That sounds good to me.

Are we allowed chickpeas or are they too carby?

x

suppose you could leave them out tho

yeah i agree, I use oopsie rolls for my pizza base. It tastes lovely. Can honestly say there's not much i miss from my old way of eating:D

so, ditzee how do you make a pizza base out of cauliflour?

I would put it in a slow cooker or casserole dish & add spring onions (lower than normal ones), spices, chilli flakes, 'gia' tomato puree (the lowest, Vicky found it :)) & a couple of stock cubes. I think they are called 'kalo' organic ones, get them in Tesco 0.4 carbs per cube. Cook long & slow.

Got some beef stock cubes from Tescos earlier today, couldn't find the organic ones but Tescos own are 0.8g per cube and the discount brands are even less (only got chicken though) but defo up for making stew now, especially as spring seems to have gone again!

I just had this for my tea with some cauliflour rice, I think i went a bit overboard with the chilli tho because it was a bit hot when i tasted it :eek:

I put a bit of cream in it to calm it down and it was fab. I will definitely be trying this again though- with a bit less chilli next time :D

Back