Step 1 Sole Source Step 1 - Sole Source; Paving the way for a new me!

Yes it definitely is! I'm going to try make the porridge again tomorrow and hope for the best. I'd rather it was too runny then too thick. Just had my mint chocolate shake and it was pretty nice and surprisingly filling.. My councillor told me to down a pint of water with every meal beforehand so I guess that helps too. How did your day go?

Ahh mint chic is really good too forgot about that as I haven't had it for a while lol! Yeh I try to do that too! It does actually really help! When is your first weigh in?

Day actually went really well. Can't believe I'm on day 4 of being 100% already! x

Hi Gemma_Charlotte (and everyone!), Love this inspirational thread - I'm on day 3 SS, and as I'm 5'8" I'm on 4 shakes a day (to start) and I find it really helps me to have one every 4 hours-ish; i've done this CWP journey in the past and lost 5 stone, so I reckon it's about time I got my life back lol

Hey Beverley :) wow 5 stone! That is incredible! How are you finding it returning to cwp? I'm finding it really hard but want this to be the last time so I'm persevering :) looking forward to seeing how you do xx

Wow that's fantastic on week two!! You must be so happy! Wow a stone! And in two weeks? Congrats :)

I've got peanut bar for lunch tomorrow lol! Love them but I'm totally with you on the saw jaw lol! xx

good morning gemma how are you getting on ? I'm now in week 2 (weigh in day on Wednesday) I won't be weighing myself till Saturday though as I treated/binged and had a nandos so don't want to be to disappointed by weekly weight loss. I have now started to treat myself with clothes rather than the odd meal every now and again as it motivates me that extra little bit.

Hope you are still going strong :)

Ahh mint chic is really good too forgot about that as I haven't had it for a while lol! Yeh I try to do that too! It does actually really help! When is your first weigh in?

Day actually went really well. Can't believe I'm on day 4 of being 100% already! x

Okay so I have the toffee & walnut porridge & I got the consistency right its just a little lumpy.. However it tastes pretty good.
Makes me feel like i'm not missing out too much as i'm "eating". Chicken & mushroom soup later for lunch.
My first weigh in is next Monday at 7pm & i'm looking forward to it!
YAY! Well done! I was watching some imspirational videos with Dual Dynamics & that's really spurred me on even more!

Hey Beverley :) wow 5 stone! That is incredible! How are you finding it returning to cwp? I'm finding it really hard but want this to be the last time so I'm persevering :) looking forward to seeing how you do xx

Hi Gemma_Charlotte, I did a really good 11 days then had a family dinner that resulted in me struggling for 5 days - story of my life: if I dare to cheat it throws me totally off track .... So no more sneaky nibbles! All we can do is persevere :) You're doing really well hon x I'm going to weigh myself on Wednesday so I'll let you know how I get on ; I'm on day 4 too - when do you WI? I joined a 'lose 2 stone for Christmas' challenge on here to keep me honest lol

I hope you have a great SS day!

Bev x

good morning gemma how are you getting on ? I'm now in week 2 (weigh in day on Wednesday) I won't be weighing myself till Saturday though as I treated/binged and had a nandos so don't want to be to disappointed by weekly weight loss. I have now started to treat myself with clothes rather than the odd meal every now and again as it motivates me that extra little bit. Hope you are still going strong :)

Hi Joseph, thanks for joining in :) you'll still be getting a weigh in this week which is good! I've found that I need to weigh myself good or bad to see how much damage can be done! I'm totally with you on the clothes front! It's like dressing a new you :)

Still going strong and wanting tomorrow to come round quickly! Gonna treat myself to a cambridge bar for tomorrow's weigh in treat... Living the life huh :)

Is this your first time on cambridge? x

Okay so I have the toffee & walnut porridge & I got the consistency right its just a little lumpy.. However it tastes pretty good. Makes me feel like i'm not missing out too much as i'm "eating". Chicken & mushroom soup later for lunch. My first weigh in is next Monday at 7pm & i'm looking forward to it! YAY! Well done! I was watching some imspirational videos with Dual Dynamics & that's really spurred me on even more!

Glad you liked it.. Makes it a little easier if you actually like what you're having I find :) it's good because other people have cuppa soups too in the office so I know where your coming from. Hate taking the shaker into work.. So I try avoiding that at all costs!

Ahh I need to look at this.. I've seen quite a few people mention it over the last few days :)

Have a fab rest of the day, catch up later xx

Hi Gemma_Charlotte, I did a really good 11 days then had a family dinner that resulted in me struggling for 5 days - story of my life: if I dare to cheat it throws me totally off track .... So no more sneaky nibbles! All we can do is persevere :) You're doing really well hon x I'm going to weigh myself on Wednesday so I'll let you know how I get on ; I'm on day 4 too - when do you WI? I joined a 'lose 2 stone for Christmas' challenge on here to keep me honest lol I hope you have a great SS day! Bev x

You say 11 days is a bad thing.. I think that's blooming marvellous :) but it's good that your in the mind set to comeback!

I'm weighing in Wednesday too this week as my counsellors away for a week on sat! So I'm determined to shift some! Got a planned day off on Saturday so really want to shift as much as I can before then!

Have a great day too :) catch up later xx

Heya im new to all this downloaded the minimins app on my phone yesterday and havnt stopped looking for inspiration since then lol i start the CD saturday where i will meet my consultant i am excited and a lil nervous love food and really really dont want to cave in! Im hopin bein here will give me all the support i need x:)

Heya im new to all this downloaded the minimins app on my phone yesterday and havnt stopped looking for inspiration since then lol i start the CD saturday where i will meet my consultant i am excited and a lil nervous love food and really really dont want to cave in! Im hopin bein here will give me all the support i need x:)

Hey Laura Lou :)

You've made a great decision to even start the diet so well done for that! There's certainly a lot of highs and lows in the diet and I'm sure you'll have down days like we all do so don't think you've caved in, it's just natural!

But you'll be feeling fab in no time, and this is a great source of support other than your consultant! You should be excited more Han nervous for sure :)

Keep us all posted as knowing how each other's doing is a fab way to motivate yourself!

xx

As Viita mentioned.. Dual Dynamics on *ou*ube is a must watch if anyone is having a down day or just needs a little push :) some of the stories are quite emotional actually!

Just think we WILL be one of those stats when we reach our goal... Exciting times ahead :)

Yes last night i was up till 3 am watchin duel dynamics couldnt beleive it :eek: just want to get stuck in? How long have you been doing CD and are u on ss? Lovely to meet u btw i cannot put a profile pic up for some reason how annoying :/ x

Yes last night i was up till 3 am watchin duel dynamics couldnt beleive it :eek: just want to get stuck in? How long have you been doing CD and are u on ss? Lovely to meet u btw i cannot put a profile pic up for some reason how annoying :/ x

Haha I know the feeling, but you'll be surrounded with all things cambridge before you know it :)

I started properly in March for 3/4 months and lost nearly three stone! Then had a couple of months off put some weight on! I blame the festivals lol! But I'm back on it now.. I tried with step three with the intention of working down the steps but it just didn't work. The strictness of ss works and if I know that's all I'm allowed all day then that suits me! but everyone's different :)

Do you think you'll opt for ss?

Lovely to meet you too.. Love speaking to new people with new journeys!! I think it's because you need to reach a certain number of posts first then you should be able to :) xx

Ahhh ok yeah said i need to post at least 50xs lol (bit steep) oh well lol yeah i have a lil boy he is 3 and since havin him ive just got lazy and piled on the pounds dont feel comfortable goin to family partys etc and il often think of excuses not to have to go, im not overly obese or anything but just dont feel happy in myself :( i wont wear sleevless tops even in the summer and i live in black or cardis or leggins just feel so frumpy like theres sooo many things i want to be able to wear and feel amazing in, i cant remember the last time i felt amazing :( im goin to go ova to consultants house sat morn (tough day to start lol) and go with the ss yeah stick with the shakes im thinking, ive got to try and get used to the drinkin sooo much water.. How do u do that? What amount do u tend to drink? Well done on all the weight loss!!! :) :) :) thats brilliant.. I hrd the 1 st weigh in is always the most exciting as u tend to lose a huge amount is that correct? Also did u bloat from the water retention from drinkin so much of it? Xx

Hey Lauralou! Lawrence (Dual Dynamics) and his partner were my Counsellors for 2 years and they're just add inspirational and committed as they seem ... Love them.

You get used to the water - fill up one of those little 250ml bottles with water and have 2 in the morning, 2 at lunch time, 2 at dinner, and sip 2 as you chill in the evening and: voila! 2 liters downed :)

Strangely, you won't bloat from all the water. Your body gets used to the fact you don't need to store any - hence all the initial peeing as your body says "what the heck's going on"? Excess salt and breaking down the dreaded carbs causes water retention as part of the kidney function struggling to shove unneeded excess carbs in the store cupboard. Over simplistic I know but you can find some good reading and reference medical journals online.

As for the 50 posts, play some of the word association games on here - my posts shot up!

I hope everyone's having an excellent day!

Bev x

Last edited:
Lovely to meet u bev i just replyed bak on another thread lol how have u done? Have u lost much?! Ur so lucky havin laurence and his partner as your consultant they seem to have made huge huge changes in ppls lifes how did u contact them? I have a lady i am goin to see saturday who lives nr me im hoping she will help me reach my dream weight goal! Gonna be hard tho i love love my food :(

Glad you liked it.. Makes it a little easier if you actually like what you're having I find :) it's good because other people have cuppa soups too in the office so I know where your coming from. Hate taking the shaker into work.. So I try avoiding that at all costs!

Ahh I need to look at this.. I've seen quite a few people mention it over the last few days :)

Have a fab rest of the day, catch up later xx

Well so far so good..

Had a little lightheadness earlier but it passed..

Chicken & mushroom soup was surprisingly nice! Little bit of black pepper made it better.

Hope your day is going well & your staying strong!

xoxo

Hi Joseph, thanks for joining in :) you'll still be getting a weigh in this week which is good! I've found that I need to weigh myself good or bad to see how much damage can be done! I'm totally with you on the clothes front! It's like dressing a new you :)

Still going strong and wanting tomorrow to come round quickly! Gonna treat myself to a cambridge bar for tomorrow's weigh in treat... Living the life huh :)

Is this your first time on cambridge? x

I have tried this diet before lasted 13 days on 2 different occasions and went down hill after that I tried having a treat this time round (nandos) but realised how pointless it was as it took me out of ketosis I am now on day 14 and feel a lot more comfortable with the diet as rewarding myself with new clothes works well for me lol i do want to weigh myself Wednesday but just don't want to be told bad news lol so figured if I leave it a extra couple of days it will give me a couple extra pounds lost lol. How far in are you now ? how much have you managed to lose so far ?

Ahhh ok yeah said i need to post at least 50xs lol (bit steep) oh well lol yeah i have a lil boy he is 3 and since havin him ive just got lazy and piled on the pounds dont feel comfortable goin to family partys etc and il often think of excuses not to have to go, im not overly obese or anything but just dont feel happy in myself :( i wont wear sleevless tops even in the summer and i live in black or cardis or leggins just feel so frumpy like theres sooo many things i want to be able to wear and feel amazing in, i cant remember the last time i felt amazing :( im goin to go ova to consultants house sat morn (tough day to start lol) and go with the ss yeah stick with the shakes im thinking, ive got to try and get used to the drinkin sooo much water.. How do u do that? What amount do u tend to drink? Well done on all the weight loss!!! :) :) :) thats brilliant.. I hrd the 1 st weigh in is always the most exciting as u tend to lose a huge amount is that correct? Also did u bloat from the water retention from drinkin so much of it? Xx

I can totally sympathise with the sleeveless top thing.. No one else seems to get it but it's a massive thing to me! So hopefully next summer I can! It's all the little things that mount up which I'm sure we'll be more than excited about experiencing :)

Ha Saturday is a tough day to start but my thinking is that if you can get through the weekend then you can tackle anything :)

The water is a hard one at first I'm not going to lie.. I hate the taste of water but honestly just keep drinking.. Don't over do it for the first two days and try not to go over 3litres.. As long as you do 2.5.. You'll be fine and it does pay off.. Your skin gets clearer and you do get more energy :)

The first weigh in is a really big boost as normally it's between 6-10lbs.. Well depending on your starting weight :) but don't get disheartened if the second weeks is lower.. It all balances out :)

The first few days I do bloat and obviously certain times of the month but it comes and goes.. In the end it all balances itself out :)

Looking forward to hearing how you get on!!!!

Back