Steph's Slimming World Mission!!

*steph*

Hello all. I've put this off for some time now but I'm finally starting my own thread! I've managed 5 weeks completely alone but I am slowly finding myself slipping off the wagon and thought this would be a great way to keep track of my ups and downs and get some advice off my fellow slimming world boys and girls. I'm 19, and have lost 9 pounds in 5 weeks. My ultimate goal is to get to 9 stone, meaning I have 3 stone 8 pound to go. My main problem seems to be lunches and avoiding the canteen at work!

I began doing extra easy, but struggle to fit in a third fruit and veg simply because I feel like a rabbit and don't enjoy it. Don't get me wrong I do my best, but eating that much of something I don't enjoy isn't sustainable for me. I'm going to mix up some red and EE days for that reason. I love red days for the double healthy extras because it makes things so much easier, however I find myself making the HE's the centre of my meal planning, which I don't think is the idea. Basically I'm gonna post what I'm eating on here and hope for somebody to pick up on the things I might not be noticing.

I've been going to the gym 5 times a week and am actually really enjoying it, I've even got up at 5am a couple of times this week and gone before work! Next goal is going to be 12 stone by the end of March. Which means 8 pounds in 5 weeks. Wish me luck!

Hi Steph, good luck with the plan, have a look on the recipe thread for some ideas to make veggies taste better. I tend to make soups or make a cheesey sauce with the laughing cow triangles.

Hi Steph, good luck with the plan, have a look on the recipe thread for some ideas to make veggies taste better. I tend to make soups or make a cheesey sauce with the laughing cow triangles.

Thanks hun!

My mum's (aka chef of the house) is off to barcelona for 5 weeks...meaning it's time for me to start cooking. Gonna do an aldi dash tonight and pick up some meat, fruit and veg. Gonna stick to the stuff I know but suppose it's a chance for me to try new stuff. Gonna attempt a curry tomorrow.

So today has been okayish but tomorrow is when my revamp begins. I've been to iceland and stocked up on frozen veg to make cooking easier and am going to plan a gym routine. At the moment I can run for just two minutes, my aim is to be able to run for 5 in 4 weeks time. Not a massive challenge, just a mini one! I might even have a look into couch to 10k and do that.

Here's today's diary

Breakfast: Toast (HEB) with 10g flora (1.5 syns)
Snack: Apple and fudge kit kat chunky (9 syns)
Lunch: Pasta bake with cheese (HEA) salad
Dinner: Jalfrezi...(not sure on syns but believe it's about 6?)

So yeah I've gone over on syns, but tomorrow's another day- fresh start.

I tried the couch to 10K last year and it was really good although you've got to pace yourself a bit was working for me until I got an injury and couldn't run anymore.

Thanks hun!

My mum's (aka chef of the house) is off to barcelona for 5 weeks...meaning it's time for me to start cooking. Gonna do an aldi dash tonight and pick up some meat, fruit and veg. Gonna stick to the stuff I know but suppose it's a chance for me to try new stuff. Gonna attempt a curry tomorrow.

You gotta try the mush pea curry, i am hearing rave reviews so im going to give it go tomorrow

You gotta try the mush pea curry, i am hearing rave reviews so im going to give it go tomorrow

I know it's a silly questions...but does it taste anything like mushy peas? Really not a fan of them but if the taste was disguised I might have a go :p

WI was this morning, but on a pound :( I deserve it though tbh. Last night my dad bought me an easter egg (Not even easter and it's already a problem!) and it's safe to say that I didn't even have a single little voice in my head telling me to stop as I was scoffing it down. I feel like every day is 'another day' and don't want it to turn into a complete mess. I've found that the days I've been 100% are the days that I've been to the gym in the morning, so going to see if that works for the next week. I want a 3lb loss next week!

The mushy pea curry is surprisingly nice! It's a reddish orange colour and you can add chopped chicken to it. Will be Deffo making it again x

Try writing a diet sheet out plan your treats but only eat the food you have planned to eat. I find that when I do this I lose, good luck for the next weigh in x

Thanks Collette :) Had a good day today. Went to the gym at 6:30 before work, felt like an absolute zombie but did half an hour cardio. Think I need to get back into the classes to be honest. Here's today's diary.

Breakfast: Special k bar (5syns) and an orange
Snack: Cadbury light mousse (3 syns) and may I add...THESE ARE GORGEOUS. Was so shocked by how nice they were.
Lunch: Roast chicken with savoury rice, an apple
Snack: Salt and Vinegar snack a jacks (5 syns, didn't plan these but was hungry, need to start leaving money at home)
Dinner: Pizza pitta - wholemeal pitta with passatta, HEA mozzarella, peppers, onions and bacon. Gorgeous!

Total syns today: 13/15
Total syns week: 13/105
Total exercise: 35min (goal of 5 hours)

Need to catch up on sleep so not going the gym tomorrow but thinking a red day might be in order. Got some cola chicken I'm gonna defrost for my dinner I think, and might try and drag my boyfriend to the gym to play personal trainer. First 100% day I've had in about a week though so I'm happy! :)

You go girl! Looks like you have this under control, keep it up, I love diet coke chicken mmm may have to have this tomorrow for tea x

Definitely do have it under control! Big test today. Last night I went my bed and was silly enough not to prepare my lunch, thinking I'd get up earlier to do it...ended up oversleeping! Literally had no time to even have any breakfast let alone make lunch, so I just grabbed a box of alpen light and bought my lunch from work, but I survived!

Breakfast - None
Snack - 2 alpen light bars (HEB)
Lunch - Jacket potato with beans and cheese (HEA) (guessed the cheese portion, was definitely okay though)
Snack - 2 more alpen light (7 syns)
Dinner - nothing, early night and not hungry!

Syns 7/15
Weekly 20/105

Hi all. I'm interested in why the 2nd lot of Alpen Light bars count as Syns;if this had been a Green Day (I am perpetually Green as vegetarian) they would just have been the 2ndHExB.
Last but not least, I'll be comparing my progress with Steph's. My height, start weight and target are very similar to hers. They say its harder to lose weight as you get older, and I'm nearly THREE times her age, but undefeated!

Back