Steps In The Right Direction...86.6lbs Lost Fasting

Just bloody right too. There is nothing more cruel than leaving cake with someone they know is trying to lose weight!! I do honestly think there are certain people who enjoy having a "fat" friend, for whatever reason and when that friend stops being fat they don't want them any more. Is it like keeping a pet do you think???
Seems like you are having a total life reshuffle, how exciting!

Just browsing diaries on the JUDDD forum as am currently doing Exante but intending to transfer to JUDDD at some point, depending on how long I thing I can keep going on a VLCD.

Saw your post and 1) I would be bloody furious to be treated like that by my own brother; he has no right to invite his friends into your home without getting your permission first; 2) totally agree with Kitty re. the friends. Hope you threw the cakes in the bin but if you didn't, never mind. The whole point of JUDDD is that not only can you have cake (in the house) you can eat it too!!!!

You have done so well to lose four and a half stone in seven months. You should be really proud of yourself so ignore the b****y comments of your friends and maybe find a few others.

Your brother needs sorting honey & I have discovered friends who've struggled with my weight loss & the new me cos I'll admit I've changed as a person but my true friends supported me &'are still friends but there are some I was happy to kick in to touch to be fair, they seem to have found a new fat friend to make themselves feel better xx

Thanks everyone x My brother's girlfriend threw him out last week and he turned up on my doorstep. He is a full grown man but acts like a teenager when he has a drink or is in the company of his equally immature friends. He takes control of the tv, leaves a total mess in his wake and eats anything that isn't nailed down...he and his drunk friends polished off the leftover cakes. I have however just committed the ultimate sibling sin and spilled the beans on his predicament to our mother :sign0151: , The looks he was giving me when she was on the phone were priceless :p He has been summonsed to go see her after work tomorrow...she'll soon have him taken prisoner in his old childhood bedroom fussing over her baby...and I'll get my house back to myself :bunnydance:

LOL. Sweet revenge!!

Today has been a good day...although far too hot for my liking :faint2: Loving the peace and quiet. Fast yesterday went to plan despite brother ordering takeaway and eating it in front of me. (...his idea of revenge presumably!) Good UD today and will fast again tomorrow. Have been drawing up a plan of attack for the second half of this year to improve the content of my diet...six packets of cheddar crinkles, a magnum and then haribo were far too prominent on an UD last week...I'm also planning to start weighing monthly from July :eek:

MONTHLY????? Blimey!! Too warm for me too especially when I actually have to do anything. Take a deep breath and remember how good your brother was when you and your ex split.... And then laugh a lot at him left to the tender mercies of your mother!

Yes...the plan is to go monthly. Hoping it will help me focus on what I'm eating..more fruit and veg, whole grains etc...less junk :eek: And no calorie counting or obsessively weighing stuff on food scales either. Hoping it will get me on the right track for healthy eating after I've got to target as well as getting there. And if losing the last 2 1/2 stone takes me longer that's fine. I'm nearly into size 14 jeans and don't totally despise what I see when I look in the mirror. Think I'm now less of a mind that all calories are equal and want to give my body more of the right stuff. Still sticking to the 80/20 rule...not going to turn into a paragon of virtue !!

Today has been a good day...although far too hot for my liking :faint2: Loving the peace and quiet. Fast yesterday went to plan despite brother ordering takeaway and eating it in front of me. (...his idea of revenge presumably!) Good UD today and will fast again tomorrow. Have been drawing up a plan of attack for the second half of this year to improve the content of my diet...six packets of cheddar crinkles, a magnum and then haribo were far too prominent on an UD last week...I'm also planning to start weighing monthly from July :eek:

Glad u've had a good day - no wonder with size 14s in sight- and :wow: monthly WIs? That's my ultimate goal - I'll be interested to hear how u get on - only wish I cd join u!! The only days I don't weigh is when I know I've put on - very mature and not a little obsessive I hear u say - fully agree!

As you said you wanted to give your body more of the right stuff, you might want to try these low carb recipes from the Delighted Momma web site. This woman has diabetes so is really careful about her diet. There are some fab low carb recipes. These two are an example but worth a browse through the recipes section. If they're not available in your supermarket, ingredients such as almond meal can be found online.

Delighted Momma: Low Carb Pizza

Delighted Momma: Low Carb Rosemary Flax Bread

Thanks for the recipes Cate. I'm not anti carb...though would like to reduce the white carbs. What I do need to do is not be so lazy and unadventurous with my cooking so I'm all for new recipes to try out with different ingredients. You never know if you're going to like something unless you give it a whirl. The pizza looks good! :)

Been another good day. Still sunny and warm here so have been attacking the garden and trying to get it in some kind of shape...I'm not green fingered though and have trouble telling plants from weeds. My next door neighbour kindly gave me some tomato plants that I am sure I will manage to kill off within the next week or so! I also seem to have birds nesting in the eves of the house and bees are going in and out an air brick at the back door...don't mind the birds meantime till all the baby birds have left the nests but the bees have to go. I also have to confess to ordering a Fitbit. :eek: Really wasteful I know as I bought the Vivofit only the other week but I'm not entirely sure I like it. I had a gift card I received due to some atrocious customer service I received when ordering a table online so used it against the Fitbit and I only had to pay around £30. I'm going to sell whatever one I like least. And then I bought 2 pairs of jeans :eek: A pair of size 14s that hopefully in around 6/7 pounds will fit and a pair of size 12s....my goal jeans. :D I am now on a spending ban again aside from food, utilities and essentials....and maybe a maxi dress if I can find one that doesn't trip me up :p Fast day tomorrow and weigh in on Saturday. I managed to stick to 500 calories my other 2 fasts this week by just having skimmed milk for my teas and a salad in the evening...I think warm weather makes it easier for me to fast for whatever reason. And then on Saturday...I have a date. This one I'm quite excited about unlike my last attempt.

Back