Steps In The Right Direction...86.6lbs Lost Fasting

Well I hope you told him off and put him outside Lexie!!

Gavin is a wee nightmare. I'm going to have no house left at this rate. He is now confined to the kitchen and living room till he learns to behave..or at least pee outside!! Really glad he has a crate to go in to keep him out of trouble. Thankfully he is quiet at night and sleeps in the kitchen as his crate is under the table in there.

View attachment 146082

I've now got the no energy droopy feeling you get the day before period starts and all I want to do is eat. Abandoned my DD at breakfast and now just sitting thinking about food. Don't know whether to give into it and just go with it or try and not give in. Weird thing is I'm craving wholemeal pitta and houmous. Headache and grumpy...I'm a true delight to be around! I think if I was weighing daily or weekly I probably would give in and get back on it tomorrow but my worry is that one day leads to another as weigh day is still 2 weeks away.

Well ur managing ur house guest well - I'm sure he'll come round to ur way of thinking soon!

Flipping PMT is a pain - only plus is that it doesn't last long but hell whilst it's there. I'm impressed with ur concern over ur WI in 2 weeks - as u say when we're on and off the scales all the time - it's so easy to say sod it and start again - but ur way's much healthier and will be more successful long term.

He's gorgeous! Our crate was the best thing ever to come in to this house (apart from my coffee machine) He'll learn, won't take long.
I'm not sure wholemeal pitta and hummus are going to do a huge amount of damage??

I don't know what I'd do without the crate...I'd never be able to have a shower for a start! I left him in the kitchen the other morning and when I came back...apart from the accidents on the floor...he'd been chewing the skirting board!! I have a feeling my diary is going to turn into a blog about Gavin's daily exploits :rolleyes: Love him to bits though.

Well ur managing ur house guest well - I'm sure he'll come round to ur way of thinking soon!

Flipping PMT is a pain - only plus is that it doesn't last long but hell whilst it's there. I'm impressed with ur concern over ur WI in 2 weeks - as u say when we're on and off the scales all the time - it's so easy to say sod it and start again - but ur way's much healthier and will be more successful long term.

I don't normally suffer with PMT as bad as this just the odd time but it's a pain in the behind. And then the minute it's over it's like someone flicks a light switch and the dark clouds lift and my rage vanishes into thin air. And then you feel like a deflated balloon... oh the joys of being a woman :rolleyes:

So I did have my wholewheat pitta and houmous today. And I didn't even have that much but it satisfied me and seemed to turn my food thoughts off. I'm trying to see things as not being "on plan" or "off plan" more just the odd fluctuation with food intake that life sometimes gives you. I actually don't feel guilty which feels good and is probably a first. I am forcing myself not to look at the calorie content of anything I am eating and am sticking with the no weighing food including rice, pasta and potatoes. Feels slightly scary but I don't want to have to count calories, points, syns, fat grams, carbs or anything else for the rest of my life. I just need to eat well, exercise and plan to keep fasting a couple of days a week for health benefits and weight control. I think I've finally realised that diets don't work...for me anyway. I see them as a temporary thing till I get to a certain weight or for some special occasion so it always has an end date...but then life goes on after that and that is when the weight goes on again. Probably sounds weird from someone on a weight loss site with a diet diary :p but I do see fasting as a lifestyle choice with no end date as opposed to a diet. I should go to bed before I end up sounding like I've got my head up my backside!!

The attitude sounds excellent, I can only hope I get there sometime. I know what you mean about this being for life though. I also have always been dieting for something and then it will end. This is the first time I can see a way of eating being sustainable for life and I'm so pleased about it!

Spent yesterday in a cloud of painkillers but thankfully today feel far more human and my rage has gone! I have lost the plot though. Tonight alone I have spent over £300 on a new blender and a massive health food order. Think I need to take a step back and get the healthy/clean eating thing back in proportion :rolleyes: I feel swamped with information and am doing my usual be obsessive about something new routine. Think it's cause I have too much time on my hands. I freaked out at reading the list of ingredients on brown sandwich thins earlier...this from someone who only a couple of months ago would happily binge on pure junk! I didn't even go in the chocolate or biscuit aisle in the supermarket today...maybe I'm running a temperature :p This weekend has been cancelled too which is a bit of a bummer. Still I managed a fast yesterday and will do one on Friday and my eating in between has been good (though I swear my portion sizes are getting bigger...or my plates are getting smaller!) My clothes don't feel any different though after 2 weeks of not weighing...really I'm just glad they don't feel tighter!

View attachment 146328

At least Gavin hasn't destroyed anything today...well not that I've found...

I read ALL your diary tonight. What a page turner!! LOL. Seriously, you've had such a time of it. I so admire you for not turning to food. I've made the decision to switch to JUDDD on Monday. So looking forward to eating without guilt again, although I don't intend to go mad on my UDs.

Spent yesterday in a cloud of painkillers but thankfully today feel far more human and my rage has gone! I have lost the plot though. Tonight alone I have spent over £300 on a new blender and a massive health food order. Think I need to take a step back and get the healthy/clean eating thing back in proportion :rolleyes: I feel swamped with information and am doing my usual be obsessive about something new routine. Think it's cause I have too much time on my hands. I freaked out at reading the list of ingredients on brown sandwich thins earlier...this from someone who only a couple of months ago would happily binge on pure junk! I didn't even go in the chocolate or biscuit aisle in the supermarket today...maybe I'm running a temperature :p This weekend has been cancelled too which is a bit of a bummer. Still I managed a fast yesterday and will do one on Friday and my eating in between has been good (though I swear my portion sizes are getting bigger...or my plates are getting smaller!) My clothes don't feel any different though after 2 weeks of not weighing...really I'm just glad they don't feel tighter!

View attachment 146328

At least Gavin hasn't destroyed anything today...well not that I've found...

I guess a lot of us go overboard with enthusiasm when we start doing new 'things' - partic us obsessive types - guess all that will settle down b4 too long - u've gone thro a lot and made and still making a lot of changes in ur life (for the better!) as the month of no weighing goes on - naturally u'll be thinking more about what happening with ur weight - but I think we get used to anything over time - so I think that'll pass eventually. It's a much more healthy way of dealing with weight - not like this scale hopper!

Pity about the weekend being cancelled tho' - but good boy Gavin on a destroy mission-free day!

I bought a blender purely to make fruit and veg smoothies (sorry..."nutriblasts"!!)...I already have a blender :eek: And I don't even know if I'll like the health food stuff! Still I'm trying (very..as my mother would say). Have managed to swap a few food habits which I'm happy with. Have totally given up fizzy diet drinks and no added sugar squash. Have ditched the sweeteners for my tea and coffee and for in my porridge. Am now using sweet freedom products which are all natural. Am actually enjoying green tea as I got the fruit flavoured ones...pear and apple being my favourite. I have no crisps, sweets, biscuits, cake or chocolate in the house...replaced by my peanut bars I mentioned before, nakd bars,fruit,nuts and kallo rice and corn snacks. I have a love/hate thing with rice cakes but these are all natural with minimal ingredients and really tasty. As for yogurt, gone are the muller lights and shape ones and now just have plain greek yogurt...which is a good source of protein!! I have got KoKo milk to try which is coconut based but if that isn't to my liking will just stick with skimmed but may try and wean myself off it in tea and coffee. My portion sizes seem big though...

DSC01913.JPG

This is just lunch and I couldn't fit it all on the one plate!!

DSC01907.JPGDSC01905.JPGDSC01904.JPG

My new favourites!

I read ALL your diary tonight. What a page turner!! LOL. Seriously, you've had such a time of it. I so admire you for not turning to food. I've made the decision to switch to JUDDD on Monday. So looking forward to eating without guilt again, although I don't intend to go mad on my UDs.

I'm too scared to read my diary back :eek: I tend to just write what I'm feeling...don't know if that's wise. For once in my life I haven't turned to food with everything that's happened over the last 7/8 months. I think fasting has changed my relationship with food and for the better. I still have my moments.. but I've learned that all binging on food did was make me more unhappy.. it didn't help solve the problem I was comforting eating for it just made things worse with the guilt and self loathing I felt when I did it. I'll pop over and subscribe to your diary and look forward to seeing how you get on xx

Have you tried Real Foods Corn Thins? I can't get on with rice cakes but love these, 99% maize, 1% sunflower oil. Unfortunately they don't come in small individual bags but you can get them in Tesco. Great snack food.

I'll pop over and subscribe to your diary and look forward to seeing how you get on xx

I've started a diary thread on here.

Have you tried Real Foods Corn Thins? I can't get on with rice cakes but love these, 99% maize, 1% sunflower oil. Unfortunately they don't come in small individual bags but you can get them in Tesco. Great snack food.

Bought some today and will give them a go x Also got some oatcakes too made with just oatmeal, olive oil and salt. Meals are easier to make healthy choices with, it's finding suitable snack alternatives I'm struggling with. My health store supplies are arriving tomorrow so excited to see if there are some new things I like.

So fasted today and had fish, salad and a baked potato as my meal.

Received a quite cutting message telling me that there is no need to cut artificial sweeteners from my diet and apparently I'm setting myself up to fail by changing the way I eat, fast, weighing routine etc. I'm counting to ten and will hopefully have calmed down enough by tomorrow to consider a reply!

Women can be real b*tches to each other at times.

I think your doing fantastic! The two weeks leading up to Leeds I felt so clean lean and healthy by eating only fruit, veg and meat. No processed food or artificial sweeteners. In Leeds I went mad, and have struggled to get back on plan. I have made a pact with a friend from Monday I'm going back to clean and fresh eating. Yes we might blip but were only human and noones perfect. One things for sure we want to nourish our body with all things good, where is the harm in that? It's your body. When you were filling your body with junk did this person email you telling you how bad it was and no good will come of it. Some people enjoy seeing others fail, gives them some sort of strange empowerment... I for one hate those people, and try so hard not to have people like that in my life.

You've proved to yourself you can change, your continually impressing yourself no doubt with what you've achieved so far ( you certainly have me ) and that matters more. Continue doing what your doing and you'll continue to prove the doubters wrong and make them eat their words. You WILL and ARE a success xxx

It wasn't your Mother was it? Or do you have more *****y people in your life? People have little to do with their time don't they? You're doing a great job, well done x

Bought some today and will give them a go x Also got some oatcakes too made with just oatmeal, olive oil and salt. Meals are easier to make healthy choices with, it's finding suitable snack alternatives I'm struggling with. My health store supplies are arriving tomorrow so excited to see if there are some new things I like.

So fasted today and had fish, salad and a baked potato as my meal.

Received a quite cutting message telling me that there is no need to cut artificial sweeteners from my diet and apparently I'm setting myself up to fail by changing the way I eat, fast, weighing routine etc. I'm counting to ten and will hopefully have calmed down enough by tomorrow to consider a reply!

Women can be real b*tches to each other at times.

Heck the cheek of some ppl!! Need to feel sorry for her really - can't think anyone really believes that artificial sweeteners aren't bad for us (altho' I've had more than my fair share!) and can't see how trying different ways to eat to improve ur health can do anything but good! Plus by having this diary ur sharing that useful info with others!

Ur doing great and I'd carry on and do it in ur own way - ur stats say it all!!

I think your doing fantastic! The two weeks leading up to Leeds I felt so clean lean and healthy by eating only fruit, veg and meat. No processed food or artificial sweeteners. In Leeds I went mad, and have struggled to get back on plan. I have made a pact with a friend from Monday I'm going back to clean and fresh eating. Yes we might blip but were only human and noones perfect. One things for sure we want to nourish our body with all things good, where is the harm in that? It's your body. When you were filling your body with junk did this person email you telling you how bad it was and no good will come of it. Some people enjoy seeing others fail, gives them some sort of strange empowerment... I for one hate those people, and try so hard not to have people like that in my life.

You've proved to yourself you can change, your continually impressing yourself no doubt with what you've achieved so far ( you certainly have me ) and that matters more. Continue doing what your doing and you'll continue to prove the doubters wrong and make them eat their words. You WILL and ARE a success xxx

It wasn't your Mother was it? Or do you have more *****y people in your life? People have little to do with their time don't they? You're doing a great job, well done x

Actually wasn't my mother...for once :rolleyes: Was from a friend who has been really supportive in the past, so think that's why it stung so much. But you nailed it on the head Carrie.. when I was eating junk she was the first to say what terrible damage I was doing to my body and now that I'm trying to eat healthier she is the first to say I'm being too picky and "not living in the real world". She said the only thing that matters is the number on the scale and having a healthy weight...and ironically she has a weight problem and chooses to do nothing about it!! I disagree. Yes it IS about being a healthy weight but it is also about feeling good in myself. I always thought diet coke was my saviour, that it was a crutch to use to stop me eating sweets, chocolate, cakes etc. And to be fair it did when I was dieting...but...it also, I believe, lead me to have a constant craving for sweet food. As did no sugar squash. Water doesn't make me crave stuff like that so how is that a bad change? I don't believe that sweeteners, additives, colourings etc are going to kill me...I purely don't like how they make me feel and or in some cases how I react to them...ie I crave sugar!! It had got to a point where I had to have 4 sweeteners in my tea for it to be sweet enough for me to drink :eek: Even though I've lost a chunk of weight on days when I had used most of my calories on junk the next morning I woke up feeling sluggish and hungry. I don't want that any more...I don't want a future like that. The changes I'm making are so that I can eat freely in the future the right types of food that are doing my body good and keeping me at a healthy weight...I'm not doing it to be fashionable, awkward or because I want to be different. And like I said to her before I'm not turning into some paragon of virtue who will never eat cake or chocolate or have a takeaway or a glass of wine...I just don't want to do it on a daily basis. I like how eating better is making me feel. I have far, far less cravings..and even when I do like the other day, they are satisfied by healthy alternatives. I hate the fact I had to "justify" my decision to fast and now find myself having to do the same with eating healthier. I don't care if other people want to eat ready meals and chocolate to maintain their weight and they feel good on it...great they have found something that works for them. It just wouldn't work for me. So I answered her that I was getting tired of having to justify my personal decisions and choices (been going on for a while about a lot of things) and that I felt perhaps our friendship had reached its natural end as the constant criticism I was receiving wasn't making me feel good. Her reply was I was to f*ck off. I'm really looking forward to my new start and hopefully meeting some more supportive people :rolleyes:

Someone on here also asked why I don't post photos of myself to prove fasting does work. I took photos at my heaviest weight...in underwear :eek:..and in a vest top and leggings. I did the usual front, back and side shots for both. At the halfway point I took more photos and when I reach target I will do more...then I will post them to wrap up my weight loss story with fasting. I have also kept a pair of my largest jeans and hope to do the clichéd down one leg photo!! I don't "owe" any one photos and I'll post them at the end which is when I want to and not because some stranger tells me to.

Aside from people telling me what to do and getting my back up everything is rolling along nicely. And I even feel that my jeans may be a bit looser today now totm bloat has gone.

On a random side note does anyone know of any good protein powders? Looking to add some to my smoothies.

Hope everyone is having a good Saturday x

Actually wasn't my mother...for once :rolleyes: Was from a friend who has been really supportive in the past, so think that's why it stung so much. But you nailed it on the head Carrie.. when I was eating junk she was the first to say what terrible damage I was doing to my body and now that I'm trying to eat healthier she is the first to say I'm being too picky and "not living in the real world". She said the only thing that matters is the number on the scale and having a healthy weight...and ironically she has a weight problem and chooses to do nothing about it!! I disagree. Yes it IS about being a healthy weight but it is also about feeling good in myself. I always thought diet coke was my saviour, that it was a crutch to use to stop me eating sweets, chocolate, cakes etc. And to be fair it did when I was dieting...but...it also, I believe, lead me to have a constant craving for sweet food. As did no sugar squash. Water doesn't make me crave stuff like that so how is that a bad change? I don't believe that sweeteners, additives, colourings etc are going to kill me...I purely don't like how they make me feel and or in some cases how I react to them...ie I crave sugar!! It had got to a point where I had to have 4 sweeteners in my tea for it to be sweet enough for me to drink :eek: Even though I've lost a chunk of weight on days when I had used most of my calories on junk the next morning I woke up feeling sluggish and hungry. I don't want that any more...I don't want a future like that. The changes I'm making are so that I can eat freely in the future the right types of food that are doing my body good and keeping me at a healthy weight...I'm not doing it to be fashionable, awkward or because I want to be different. And like I said to her before I'm not turning into some paragon of virtue who will never eat cake or chocolate or have a takeaway or a glass of wine...I just don't want to do it on a daily basis. I like how eating better is making me feel. I have far, far less cravings..and even when I do like the other day, they are satisfied by healthy alternatives. I hate the fact I had to "justify" my decision to fast and now find myself having to do the same with eating healthier. I don't care if other people want to eat ready meals and chocolate to maintain their weight and they feel good on it...great they have found something that works for them. It just wouldn't work for me. So I answered her that I was getting tired of having to justify my personal decisions and choices (been going on for a while about a lot of things) and that I felt perhaps our friendship had reached its natural end as the constant criticism I was receiving wasn't making me feel good. Her reply was I was to f*ck off. I'm really looking forward to my new start and hopefully meeting some more supportive people :rolleyes:

Someone on here also asked why I don't post photos of myself to prove fasting does work. I took photos at my heaviest weight...in underwear :eek:..and in a vest top and leggings. I did the usual front, back and side shots for both. At the halfway point I took more photos and when I reach target I will do more...then I will post them to wrap up my weight loss story with fasting. I have also kept a pair of my largest jeans and hope to do the clichéd down one leg photo!! I don't "owe" any one photos and I'll post them at the end which is when I want to and not because some stranger tells me to.

Aside from people telling me what to do and getting my back up everything is rolling along nicely. And I even feel that my jeans may be a bit looser today now totm bloat has gone.

On a random side note does anyone know of any good protein powders? Looking to add some to my smoothies.

Hope everyone is having a good Saturday x

Well she was no friend really was she - so you're better off without her in ur life! Difficult to understand why ppl are ready to criticise when someone's doing well but the problem is theirs not yours! You're doing great!

You're well rid by the sound of things. One of the things I admire about you and your "journey" is that you've done it your way, as we all should I suppose cos we're the ones that have to live in these bodies!

Edit to add I'm really looking forward to your monthly weigh in, it will be interesting to see how it has gone without the obsessive weighing we all seem to get sucked in to. Everything crossed for that..

You're well rid by the sound of things. One of the things I admire about you and your "journey" is that you've done it your way, as we all should I suppose cos we're the ones that have to live in these bodies! Edit to add I'm really looking forward to your monthly weigh in, it will be interesting to see how it has gone without the obsessive weighing we all seem to get sucked in to. Everything crossed for that..

Ditto from me x

Well she was no friend really was she - so you're better off without her in ur life! Difficult to understand why ppl are ready to criticise when someone's doing well but the problem is theirs not yours! You're doing great!

You're well rid by the sound of things. One of the things I admire about you and your "journey" is that you've done it your way, as we all should I suppose cos we're the ones that have to live in these bodies!

Edit to add I'm really looking forward to your monthly weigh in, it will be interesting to see how it has gone without the obsessive weighing we all seem to get sucked in to. Everything crossed for that..

Ditto from me x

Thanks ladies..your support does really keep me going when life kicks me in the teeth xx I'm seriously going to have no friends left soon and it feels scary..but I don't need people putting me down like that. I thought I hadn't changed by losing weight but I think I have. It's made me stronger and not willing to put up with things just because that's the way it's always been. Any fallings out with friends or family I always made the first move and smoothed things over even when I was the injured party because I hate conflict. Now I'm more of a mind to leave people to it. I'm far less of a doormat and far happier in my own skin :)

Only 13 sleeps till weigh in day Kitty :eek:. If it works ....LOOK AWAY NOW LEXIE THIS WILL SCARE YOU!!...I'm not going to weigh again after the first of August till my one year anniversary of starting fasting in mid November. People may think that's madness but I weighed frequently as I was steadily gaining weight till I got to nearly 17 stones and it didn't stop me...I used to just sigh and keep on eating. This last couple of weeks without weighing I've kept on with my plan because I've wanted to...and that is a revelation to me. I'm eating like this because I WANT TO...me...the former junkfoodaholic!! It's not the scales and weighing that are keeping me on track this time...it's willpower and determination to be happy, healthy and fit. Scales won't keep me on the straight and narrow..they didn't in the past. So that's my plan..well, unless I have a huge big gain on the first of August :p

I think fasting has suited me so well because I do get to do it my way. I'm not good with being told what to do :rolleyes: I think taking responsibility for losing weight by making my own rules has made me more determined to succeed. I said on my very first entry I would stick with fasting and not jump ship and boy am I glad I did. It is without a doubt one of the best decisions of my life and has given me my life back in a way. Feel quite emotional thinking about how sad I felt this time last year about life and my outlook now which is totally different. If I'm like this now I'm going to write one huge, massive, emotional post when I get to target!! :eek:

Back