Steps In The Right Direction...86.6lbs Lost Fasting

Rant away, that's what we're here for. Lovely food this weekend and no take away!! Good for you, have a great day.

Sent from my iPad using MiniMins

Feeling the odd one out - no-one's fault but mine though!! Everyone is sooo on track here and my breakfast today was a few jelly sweets and a freddo choc bar (120 cals) hope ur good examples - inspire me for rest of the day!! Well done everyone!!

Feeling the odd one out - no-one's fault but mine though!! Everyone is sooo on track here and my breakfast today was a few jelly sweets and a freddo choc bar (120 cals) hope ur good examples - inspire me for rest of the day!! Well done everyone!!

I've struggled today and could quite happily have eaten the contents of the fridge....and then gone to the shops for more!! :(

Monday - DD

2 Fruitbroo drinks - 30 calories
2 fruit teas - 10 calories
All bran and skimmed milk - 200 calories
Broccoli soup - 150 calories
Melba toast and light laughing cow - 103 calories
Coke zero - 5 calories

Total day's calories - 498

Today has been a struggle for various reasons but I made it through. Still feel ranty but I've only just finished working so too tired tonight. Have been sitting dreaming of what I can have tomorrow but no doubt, as I've found normal on an UD, I'll wake up and won't be hungry and my cravings will be gone!

Food first...then a rant!

Tuesday - UD

Breakfast - Weetabix crunchy bran and skimmed milk

Lunch - Minestrone soup, melba toast with low low chilli cheese spread followed by some 0% Yeo Valley vanilla yogurt

Dinner - Haddock, stir fried veg (carrots, asparagus, green beans, baby leeks, broccoli), new potatoes

Snacks - 5 miniature heroes
Packet of Pom Bear crisps
2 wheat crackers with cheese

Happy with today's food and the miniature heroes seemed to keep the totm cravings in check!

Someone asked me how long I felt I could "get away" with eating so much on non fast days especially considering I wasn't fasting....properly....according to the rules! Now this made my blood boil...and it still is a couple of days later so I thought I'd answer here.

Number one...there are no rules. There are a million and one ways to fast from every other day ( new name for JUDDD!), 5 hour windows, 8 hour windows, 10 hour windows, 5:2, 4:3, total water fasts, 24 hours and more, juice fasts...the list is endless. I have read several books and although some give advice about how they feel you should fast, I'm not a sheep and have a mind of my own enough to read the information and decide for myself what will work for me. I chose 3 days a week as it suits me. I don't want to fast at weekends. They are the time OH and I get to spend most time together and I don't want to be worrying about sticking to 500 calories. On fast days sometimes I eat breakfast, sometimes I don't eat till 6pm, it varies. This isn't cheating! I'm still having 500 calories over a 36-40 hour period and for me that is what matters. Just because one book says have one meal or another says split it into 2 doesn't mean that is what I have to do. This way of fasting works for me and quite frankly I'm not too bothered if other people think I'm not getting it right or adhering to so called rules. I would never criticise someone who was trying to lose weight regardless of how they chose to lose it...even if I didn't think it was wise. After all who am I to judge having being nearly 7 stones overweight at one point?

Secondly...yes I eat a lot on my non fast days. I am not however trying to get away with eating too much and pushing my luck. Before I chose to do fasting I read a lot...an awful lot. About BMR ,RMR, TDEE and the rest. I had one disastrous attempt at dieting when in my early twenties when I was around 11/2 to 2 stones heavier than I wanted to be. I read the books and it said to have 1500 calories a day...not good enough for me or quick enough so I started at 1000...then cut it to 800....then 500. I ended up existing on a bottle of lucozade an apple and a mars bar a day. I lost the weight...and some hair, my skin broke out, I had mouth ulcers, ended up anaemic...and gave myself gallstones! I ended up putting all the lost weight back on and then started gaining weight steadily over the years till I got to where I was a few months ago. So I was very cautious about seriously dieting. I decided that what I would do was eat the number of calories I would need to eat at my goal weight. For someone of my age, height and my goal weight of 10 stone they would need between 1600 and 1700 calories a day to maintain while having a sedentary lifestyle. That works out at a middle figure of 11,500 calories a week. This is the pot of calories I use each week. I have my 3 fast days @500 and can have up to 2500 on my non fast days. I don't always eat that much but I don't go over. As my weight drops I may need to drop this figure but will never go below an average of 1400 calories a day or a weekly pot of 9800. This is purely how I am doing things and I'm not saying anyone else should do it but it works for me. I think a lot of people on diets including calorie counting, slimming world etc don't eat enough. It's fine for a while but where do you go when the weight loss slows down if you have started too low? I've seen people like I did starting on 1000 calories or eating less than that on Slimming World although they are technically sticking to plan and that might be fine if you are on the last stretch but some people are just like me with a long way to go. So yes, I eat a lot on my non fast days and I'm proud of it. It gives me a healthy average daily calorie intake and means I should never get myself in the mess I was before and it gives me a bit of wiggle room to maintain my losses while still eating enough.

Would rant more but I'm too tired!! These are my personal opinions just as this is MY weight loss journey..no one elses. I'm committed to it and am looking forward to seeing where it takes me.

I'm so sorry to hear that someone has been so negative, I am from your school of thought in that I don't want to start too low because where do I go from there?

It really isn't anyone else's business. It's your body, your decisions and I don't understand why some people feel the need to interfere. They should concentrate on their own 'perfect' (in their opinion of course) way of eating.

One size does not fit all!

Sent from my GT-N7100 using MiniMins.com mobile app

Amen to ALL of that! Nobody's business but yours how you plan to eat and/or lose weight and it sounds as though you are being very sensible with the previous experience to back it up. Sounds like sour grapes/jealousy to me?? You have a great day.

Sent from my iPad using MiniMins

Seems Everyman and their dog has an opinion on dieting! I'm getting told daily how obsessed I am! With exercise?! I reply with I'm determined and motivated and am not going to give it up for them to feel better! Lol! Carry on as you are, it's proving to be working! :) xxx

Thanks ladies x I could understand if I was writing negative posts all the time and girning about not losing weight, but I haven't been. The way I see it at least I'm doing something about my weight rather than sitting doing nothing... so that counts more than any rules, plans or whether someone agrees with my way of fasting or not. I'll let my results speak for themselves :p

Second fast day of the week and I'm starving! Either totm gives me no symptoms or like this month I get the full works...spot like a third eye in the middle of my forehead, sore boobs, zero energy, achy crampy feeling days before anything has started, fingers like big fat pork sausages with water retention, constant dull headache and a general air of delightful grumpiness around me. Oh and I want to eat everything in sight :eat: Not giving in though as I will not let my hormones scupper this week. I want to reach 2 stones lost this Saturday weigh in which would be in just shy of 3 months.

Second fast day of the week and I'm starving! Either totm gives me no symptoms or like this month I get the full works...spot like a third eye in the middle of my forehead, sore boobs, zero energy, achy crampy feeling days before anything has started, fingers like big fat pork sausages with water retention, constant dull headache and a general air of delightful grumpiness around me. Oh and I want to eat everything in sight :eat: Not giving in though as I will not let my hormones scupper this week. I want to reach 2 stones lost this Saturday weigh in which would be in just shy of 3 months.

who'd be a woman eh?!! Hope you feel better soon!

I'm so sorry to hear that someone has been so negative, I am from your school of thought in that I don't want to start too low because where do I go from there?

It really isn't anyone else's business. It's your body, your decisions and I don't understand why some people feel the need to interfere. They should concentrate on their own 'perfect' (in their opinion of course) way of eating.

One size does not fit all!

Sent from my GT-N7100 using MiniMins.com mobile app

ABSO-BL**DY-LUTLEY agree with you - why do people feel the need to poke their noses in like that - would they do it about your home - car - make - clothes - turn the other cheek - keep ranting here when you need too - keep up the good work!

Thursday - UD

Went a bit like this :eat::eatdrink051::eatdrink023::gimi::devilangel::break_diet::17729::party0027::party0051::eating::character00254::party0016::ashamed0005:

Yeah...the hungry caterpillar has nothing on me, I ate EVERYTHING! And the saddest thing of all was that I didn't have anything in the house to start with so had a binge on...All Bran!! And by the gurgling my stomach is making that is a decision I'm going to regret :eek: Of course then I went out to lunch with a friend and after did some food shopping in M&S so I managed to poke that bran down with a tonne of food on top. DD tomorrow to try and claw something back!

Friday - DD

M&S sushi snack pack - 140 calories
Curried parsnip soup - 120 calories
WW red thai curry steam and serve meal (did not like! :mad:) - 229 calories
Coke zero - 5 calories

Total day's calories - 494

Who knows what the scales will say in the morning. Surprisingly after my binge on 3 bowls of All Bran yesterday I suffered no ill effects :p Did a massive food shop today so I have plenty of choice and healthy food in for the weekend. Have planned my meals and allowed room for treats so hopefully I'll stay on the straight and narrow. Planning on a weekend at home catching up on tv and the odd film with OH. Also got a couple of new books to keep me entertained. Will be nice to have some time in together with no plans or commitments.

I live the m & s sushi snack pack on a fast day! Delicious! Hope today is a great result xxx

Weigh in today....a pound loss. And I will happily take that after Thursday's nonsense :p Old me would have put on about a stone with comfort eating with the stress, hassle and hormones over the last couple of weeks, so I am pleased I'm making progress and am less likely to binge. One bad day didn't send me on a "I'll start again on Monday, let's see what I can cram in till then" mood. I need to find some other outlet to get rid of emotions rather than eating....it may be the dreaded....exercise :eek: And I don't want to turn into someone who turns totm into an excuse to go off track so maybe the endorphins from a bit of exercise will lift my mood at those times and keep me away from the biscuit tin...and the All Bran :rolleyes: Thankfully hormones have peaked and I'm now back to feeling normal and in control. Had a good day's food so far and will update later. Going to keep an eye on my UD calories this week and come in at between 1500 - 1600 for my average over the coming week.

Weigh in today....a pound loss. And I will happily take that after Thursday's nonsense :p Old me would have put on about a stone with comfort eating with the stress, hassle and hormones over the last couple of weeks, so I am pleased I'm making progress and am less likely to binge. One bad day didn't send me on a "I'll start again on Monday, let's see what I can cram in till then" mood. I need to find some other outlet to get rid of emotions rather than eating....it may be the dreaded....exercise :eek: And I don't want to turn into someone who turns totm into an excuse to go off track so maybe the endorphins from a bit of exercise will lift my mood at those times and keep me away from the biscuit tin...and the All Bran :rolleyes: Thankfully hormones have peaked and I'm now back to feeling normal and in control. Had a good day's food so far and will update later. Going to keep an eye on my UD calories this week and come in at between 1500 - 1600 for my average over the coming week.

well done - bet u'll have a good week again next week with ur new attitude!

Back