Steps In The Right Direction...86.6lbs Lost Fasting

Spoke to my mum this morning and she asked (sarcastically!) how my "diet" was going and I answered that I'd now lost over 3 stone to which she replied..."that's nothing to be proud of you shouldn't have let yourself get so fat in the first place".....hmmm....mother's day should be fun on Sunday....

Hi, sorry to interrupt, I just stumbled across this in the "what's new?" section and wanted to say I'm really sorry, I'm sure I don't have to tell you how fantastic a 3 stone loss is, you've done amazingly and if she can't see that it says way more about her than it does about you.
X

Have we got the same mother?? That's exactly like something mine would say, and she's been overweight nearly all her life and should know better! YOU know how far you've come, be very proud!

Sent from my iPad using MiniMins

Hi, sorry to interrupt, I just stumbled across this in the "what's new?" section and wanted to say I'm really sorry, I'm sure I don't have to tell you how fantastic a 3 stone loss is, you've done amazingly and if she can't see that it says way more about her than it does about you.
X

Have we got the same mother?? That's exactly like something mine would say, and she's been overweight nearly all her life and should know better! YOU know how far you've come, be very proud!

Thanks both of you x My mother is rather "special" in some ways and that's why I have learned with age and experience to block her out when she is insulting me (...a favourite is at family gatherings...loudly :rolleyes:) And she wonders why I rarely visit!!!

Spoke to my mum this morning and she asked (sarcastically!) how my "diet" was going and I answered that I'd now lost over 3 stone to which she replied..."that's nothing to be proud of you shouldn't have let yourself get so fat in the first place".....hmmm....mother's day should be fun on Sunday....

Oh no - that's tough - is she jealous I wonder? Even if she is, that's no excuse whatsoever - just read in another of ur posts that u don't visit often - not surprised and she's the loser.

Surprised ur going on Sunday (I know blood's thicker than water & all that.....) u'll have to either choose the wording of her Mother's Day card v carefully or make a 'special ' one for her & may I suggest a couple of books to go with it:

'The ABC of Motherhood' and 'Essential Etiquette'

It's too easy to say ignore her unkindness - but do celebrate ur loss and how u've dealt with things lately - ur doing great!!

I get you on the "saying it in public" thing, that's a favourite of my Mother's too, and very often to virtual strangers! I have had words with her about it but might as well have saved my breath. Good luck tomorrow, rise above it!!

I've got that mum! Lol
Intact I've blocked mine on my phone because if I don't she keeps texting me going on at me all the time about how I'm a useless daughter bla bla bla, I've learned to block her out I used to get so upset but have got used to it now. Lol
3 stone is SUPER and YOU are amazing xxx

Well that charming. Sounds like my family. How rude and hurtful ((hugs)) You have done fantastic and 3 stone is amazing so try and ignore her. Hard I know when its your mum. xx

Oh no - that's tough - is she jealous I wonder? Even if she is, that's no excuse whatsoever - just read in another of ur posts that u don't visit often - not surprised and she's the loser.

Surprised ur going on Sunday (I know blood's thicker than water & all that.....) u'll have to either choose the wording of her Mother's Day card v carefully or make a 'special ' one for her & may I suggest a couple of books to go with it:

'The ABC of Motherhood' and 'Essential Etiquette'

It's too easy to say ignore her unkindness - but do celebrate ur loss and how u've dealt with things lately - ur doing great!!

I know she will love it if I fail and put weight back on again..she does love to gloat! I'm the youngest and we have a very difficult relationship. I was told very early on that any joy she was supposed to experience by being a mother had long worn off by the time I arrived. I still visit on occasions like today because it isn't worth her temper tantrum if I don't. Her mood will spread out and cause friction between me and my siblings so it's easier just to suck it up for a couple of hours here and there throughout the year. I always give a card that's blank inside and just sign my name...seems a bit cold but no point in long flowery verses that we both know aren't felt. You can only deal the hand you are dealt when it comes to family. x

I get you on the "saying it in public" thing, that's a favourite of my Mother's too, and very often to virtual strangers! I have had words with her about it but might as well have saved my breath. Good luck tomorrow, rise above it!!

Today we went out for dinner..all of us. My mother chose the restaurant and made the booking ( control freak!) and when we got there the waiter said "table for 12" to which my mother replied "eleven" pointed at me and said while rolling her eyes " single again". Then as we were all being served dessert she nudged the man's arm at the next table, pointed at me eating my fudge cake and cream and said " and she say's she's on a diet" and snorted. This is my mum. :rolleyes:

I've got that mum! Lol
Intact I've blocked mine on my phone because if I don't she keeps texting me going on at me all the time about how I'm a useless daughter bla bla bla, I've learned to block her out I used to get so upset but have got used to it now. Lol
3 stone is SUPER and YOU are amazing xxx

Like you I block her out and being told I'm a failure and a disappointment is like water off a duck's back. Not all mother's are cut out for being one. Losing weight for me and only me :)

Well that charming. Sounds like my family. How rude and hurtful ((hugs)) You have done fantastic and 3 stone is amazing so try and ignore her. Hard I know when its your mum. xx

Thank you. x Today wasn't easy but at least it's over and done with x

Weighed in yesterday and managed a loss of 0.6lbs after my truly bad day on Monday so well happy with that. May have undone all the hard work tonight with another binge :banghead: I know a lot of my issues with food are tied up with family dynamics stemming from back into childhood. It's hard knowing that but still not being able to get on top of it and stop the same pattern of behaviour. Tomorrow is the start of a brand new week however and I'm going to put it behind me and crack on.

I know she will love it if I fail and put weight back on again..she does love to gloat! I'm the youngest and we have a very difficult relationship. I was told very early on that any joy she was supposed to experience by being a mother had long worn off by the time I arrived. I still visit on occasions like today because it isn't worth her temper tantrum if I don't. Her mood will spread out and cause friction between me and my siblings so it's easier just to suck it up for a couple of hours here and there throughout the year. I always give a card that's blank inside and just sign my name...seems a bit cold but no point in long flowery verses that we both know aren't felt. You can only deal the hand you are dealt when it comes to family. x

Today we went out for dinner..all of us. My mother chose the restaurant and made the booking ( control freak!) and when we got there the waiter said "table for 12" to which my mother replied "eleven" pointed at me and said while rolling her eyes " single again". Then as we were all being served dessert she nudged the man's arm at the next table, pointed at me eating my fudge cake and cream and said " and she say's she's on a diet" and snorted. This is my mum. :rolleyes:

Like you I block her out and being told I'm a failure and a disappointment is like water off a duck's back. Not all mother's are cut out for being one. Losing weight for me and only me :)

Thank you. x Today wasn't easy but at least it's over and done with x

My God - I felt v uncomfortable and sad reading that - I had a v difficult relationship with my late Mum too - unlike me it seems ur coping really well with it all. Glad u went today (I used to too) but glad that's over for u now - what a bloody rude woman - she seems quite happy to show herself up too?!

Weighed in yesterday and managed a loss of 0.6lbs after my truly bad day on Monday so well happy with that. May have undone all the hard work tonight with another binge :banghead: I know a lot of my issues with food are tied up with family dynamics stemming from back into childhood. It's hard knowing that but still not being able to get on top of it and stop the same pattern of behaviour. Tomorrow is the start of a brand new week however and I'm going to put it behind me and crack on.

Like ur attitude - as u say carry on and 2moro's a new day/week!

I think we all know that our eating issues are often linked to emotions.

My sister in law who also had a difficult relationship with her Mum and thinks her smoking is partly down to that - but has recently been to a hypnotherapist who told her that she will have to deal with her childhood b4 she can deal with the smoking (she'd come highly recommended so sis-in-law didn't think it was a money making ploy.

She IS my mother. That waiter/man at the next table thing is EXACTLY what my Mum would do. But how it hurts too.... Well done for getting through it and good luck for a great week ahead x

My mum is nicer now she has dementia sad to say. She was a complete and utter cow when she was well and rude about my figure even when I only weight 8 an a half stone. Families! :(

My God - I felt v uncomfortable and sad reading that - I had a v difficult relationship with my late Mum too - unlike me it seems ur coping really well with it all. Glad u went today (I used to too) but glad that's over for u now - what a bloody rude woman - she seems quite happy to show herself up too?!

Oh don't feel sad x I don't think anyone's family is perfect, I have plenty of lovely relations who make up for the maternal instincts my mum lacks! I've learned to rise above it now I can see that despite her age she is immature and insecure. I tried over and over and over growing up to win her affection but eventually got to the stage where I realised it was a losing battle. I'm not saying it doesn't hurt at times but I've learned to let it have as little an impact on my life as is possible. You get one chance at life and no point in wasting it on a lost cause. She will always be my mum...doesn't mean we need to be close. I know I've done everything I can so I have no guilt to bear about how things are. :)

Oh don't feel sad x I don't think anyone's family is perfect, I have plenty of lovely relations who make up for the maternal instincts my mum lacks! I've learned to rise above it now I can see that despite her age she is immature and insecure. I tried over and over and over growing up to win her affection but eventually got to the stage where I realised it was a losing battle. I'm not saying it doesn't hurt at times but I've learned to let it have as little an impact on my life as is possible. You get one chance at life and no point in wasting it on a lost cause. She will always be my mum...doesn't mean we need to be close. I know I've done everything I can so I have no guilt to bear about how things are. :)

U cope with it well - I didn't!

So, Monday fast...didn't happen. Didn't pig out though. 1500 calories for the day which is fine. Got word I've been called for a second interview for the job I went for. Went in to a flat spin as it is on Thursday and I need to organise travel, accommodation etc this time as interview isn't local which the first round was and I need to prepare for it, need new interview clothes too...arghhh!!... so swapped my fast till tomorrow. Been thinking about setting myself some kind of fitness challenge for April. I had :rolleyes:a fitbit but ex took it with him when he left so will need to make do with the pedometer I have till next pay day. As I am now working from home I do a pitiful 2,500 ish steps a day :eek: I know the guidelines are 10,000 a day but will break myself into it gently and am thinking 5,000 a day average for April...so that would be 150,000 steps for the month? Then in May move it up to 7,500 and then 10,000 in June. Will give it a go I think as I used to joke about being a couch potato and now I am one :eek:

So, Monday fast...didn't happen. Didn't pig out though. 1500 calories for the day which is fine. Got word I've been called for a second interview for the job I went for. Went in to a flat spin as it is on Thursday and I need to organise travel, accommodation etc this time as interview isn't local which the first round was and I need to prepare for it, need new interview clothes too...arghhh!!... so swapped my fast till tomorrow. Been thinking about setting myself some kind of fitness challenge for April. I had :rolleyes:a fitbit but ex took it with him when he left so will need to make do with the pedometer I have till next pay day. As I am now working from home I do a pitiful 2,500 ish steps a day :eek: I know the guidelines are 10,000 a day but will break myself into it gently and am thinking 5,000 a day average for April...so that would be 150,000 steps for the month? Then in May move it up to 7,500 and then 10,000 in June. Will give it a go I think as I used to joke about being a couch potato and now I am one :eek:

well done on 2nd interview - hope it goes well - good luck on finding an outfit too!

I've just sat for over an hour and read your diary from start to finish and wow..the inspiration you have given me is unreal. I've been in a manic space of what diet should I do/ how can I lose this weight/ panic/binge. Now I feel I have a plan. You have done AMAZING! And through such difficult times.

The ex..what an absolute *%** my husband fell for me when I was heavy, proposed to me when I was heavier and married me when I was at heaviest! He is always supportive of my weight loss attempts and is never judgemental when I fall off the wagon, just picks me up & reassures me that once I put my mind to it I'll do it when it suits me. (I should say he's an ex professional soccer player, in great shape & I don't know any of my friends who don't think he's hot yet it would NEVER occur to him that I'm lucky to have him-he spends a lot of his time telling me how lucky he is). That's the relationship you deserve, and will have. That other low life will end up with some shallow bimbo or a middle aged mam home with aged mammy for company. And well deserved.

Your mum..it hurts to read that. Makes me appreciate my wonderful mam so much & makes
Me very determined to continuously praise my dd.

Sorry so long but just felt compelled to write after reading your diary! I've subscribed!

Have you got a smart phone? I use an app called endomondo which tracks distance/calories used etc using gps. There are loads of others out there. Only thing is it doesn't track steps around the house. I did have an app for that too but it wasn't great...

U cope with it well - I didn't!

I didn't always....hence my far too strong a bond with chocolate to cheer me up!

well done on 2nd interview - hope it goes well - good luck on finding an outfit too!

Thank you. The clothes I got delivered from next are hideous on so need to actually brave the shops and changing rooms...fills me with dread :sigh:

I've just sat for over an hour and read your diary from start to finish and wow..the inspiration you have given me is unreal. I've been in a manic space of what diet should I do/ how can I lose this weight/ panic/binge. Now I feel I have a plan. You have done AMAZING! And through such difficult times.

The ex..what an absolute *%** my husband fell for me when I was heavy, proposed to me when I was heavier and married me when I was at heaviest! He is always supportive of my weight loss attempts and is never judgemental when I fall off the wagon, just picks me up & reassures me that once I put my mind to it I'll do it when it suits me. (I should say he's an ex professional soccer player, in great shape & I don't know any of my friends who don't think he's hot yet it would NEVER occur to him that I'm lucky to have him-he spends a lot of his time telling me how lucky he is). That's the relationship you deserve, and will have. That other low life will end up with some shallow bimbo or a middle aged mam home with aged mammy for company. And well deserved.

Your mum..it hurts to read that. Makes me appreciate my wonderful mam so much & makes
Me very determined to continuously praise my dd.

Sorry so long but just felt compelled to write after reading your diary! I've subscribed!

Thanks for taking the time to read my diary :D Ex texted on Saturday night to say that his generous offer is still on the table...till he finds someone else. My jaw did drop at his arrogance. Happy to be on my own till someone right comes along. Good luck with fasting x

Have you got a smart phone? I use an app called endomondo which tracks distance/calories used etc using gps. There are loads of others out there. Only thing is it doesn't track steps around the house. I did have an app for that too but it wasn't great...

Thanks, I've downloaded it :D ( *whispers*...I must confess I don't "get" GPS...or phones, electricity,televisions, internet or how planes stay up in the air....I know the theory but still sit thinking "huh???"... but I just accept it and believe in the magic!!)

Back