Steps In The Right Direction...86.6lbs Lost Fasting

Oooo wow that's brilliant!

Great result Ali!!!

You know, every time I see your diary that number is going up and up and up.....................

I seem to have lost my Minis mojo at the moment. I think I'm finding it difficult because at times I feel the odd one out in this section... particularly in regard to weight, dieting, calories, attitude to food and how to fast etc This in turn leaves me stumped with how to try and give back some of the support I've received. I don't want to just write away on my diary but not interact with anyone. I love that fasting can be tailored to the individual but it does leave me struggling to know what to put on others diaries when they are doing something so far removed from me and that I don't necessarily agree with. I'm not an expert at fasting so am the last person to tell people how they should do things and wouldn't. I'm still fasting, haven't fallen off the wagon but am quiet because I don't really know what to say. Hopefully I'll get my mojo back at some point.

Sorry you feel so bad, don't! I only reply when Ive got something to say lol... We all find our own route on this journey and a short cut for one might be the wrong direction for another. We're all starting at different points and places in our lives. Be confident in your way and we will listen and follow and support when and where's needed. Chin up! Your awesome! Xxx

You have to do what works for you and that may not be the same thing for everyone and even if you are just posting away on your own diary that is very motivational for other people. You've done brilliantly, don't lose sight of that because your results give us all hope that we can follow in your footsteps!

Sent from my iPad using MiniMins

I seem to have lost my Minis mojo at the moment. I think I'm finding it difficult because at times I feel the odd one out in this section... particularly in regard to weight, dieting, calories, attitude to food and how to fast etc This in turn leaves me stumped with how to try and give back some of the support I've received. I don't want to just write away on my diary but not interact with anyone. I love that fasting can be tailored to the individual but it does leave me struggling to know what to put on others diaries when they are doing something so far removed from me and that I don't necessarily agree with. I'm not an expert at fasting so am the last person to tell people how they should do things and wouldn't. I'm still fasting, haven't fallen off the wagon but am quiet because I don't really know what to say. Hopefully I'll get my mojo back at some point.

That's fine isn't it - my Dad used to say if u haven't got anything useful to say - stay quiet!

I've found ur thread inspirational, honest and interesting and others have posted similar opinions - so I'd say keep on doing what ur doing!! We all have up and downs (no ref to my sign in name intended!) with this dieting lark so just ride this 'down' out!

You have to do what works for you and that may not be the same thing for everyone and even if you are just posting away on your own diary that is very motivational for other people. You've done brilliantly, don't lose sight of that because your results give us all hope that we can follow in your footsteps!

That's fine isn't it - my Dad used to say if u haven't got anything useful to say - stay quiet!

I've found ur thread inspirational, honest and interesting and others have posted similar opinions - so I'd say keep on doing what ur doing!! We all have up and downs (no ref to my sign in name intended!) with this dieting lark so just ride this 'down' out!

Thanks both of you x I'm not for a minute saying everyone should do things the way I do. I've seen so many people come and go on this section, for weeks I was basically talking to myself as I was the only one fasting. I find it sad that so many who have come and gone made things unduly hard on themselves. Losing weight doesn't need to feel like a punishment. I haven't read one article on fasting that said you should diet on an UD for a start. I think when people start to chop and change things on an almost daily basis, start cutting out food groups, slashing calories and making things more complicated than it need be...it's hard to watch...and then they blame fasting if it doesn't work. The only people who I've seen on several forums use fasting to get to goal and then maintain, kept it simple. My way isn't "my way"...it's just copying other people who did make it work. Mainly I want to scream at people you need to eat more!! I think there are a lot of strong characters and personalities on Minis and sometimes I feel intimidated by them so say nothing instead. I wish people were kinder to themselves when losing weight.

So quick catch up. Fasted today so fitted in my 3 for this week. Weigh in tomorrow and hoping for a loss. Tomorrow will be around 1500 calories for the day as I'm having Sunday and Monday as relaxed, non counting, normal, Easter days. Then will fast Wednesday and Friday next week and hope next Saturday I'll get a maintain or at least minimise any gain. I got offered the job I had the second interview for but turned it down. On balance I felt it wasn't the right move for me at the minute as I've had a lot of changes of late never mind moving to another country and city where I know no one. Still going to keep applying for jobs that appeal and keep plodding along in my current post for now. My skin has improved dramatically in the last week thanks to a jar of organic, raw, extra virgin coconut oil from Sainsbury's :rolleyes: I've been using it as a cleanser and a moisturiser and using nothing else and it's like a miracle in a jar. Which is good as tomorrow night I have...a date :eek: Arranged by friends, he's someone I met once a couple of years ago. Must admit I'm feeling really apprehensive but it's just for a drink so will see how it goes....though I have become rather partial to my Saturday nights spent slobbing around on the couch eating junk and having full control of the tv remote, so it will be a bit of a culture shock having to get all dressed up and leave my slippers behind :)

Congrats on the job offer - and the date - hope that's given u a little lift - nothing wrong with couch surfing but nice to go out sometimes too - enjoy!!

Thanks both of you x I'm not for a minute saying everyone should do things the way I do. I've seen so many people come and go on this section, for weeks I was basically talking to myself as I was the only one fasting. I find it sad that so many who have come and gone made things unduly hard on themselves. Losing weight doesn't need to feel like a punishment. I haven't read one article on fasting that said you should diet on an UD for a start. I think when people start to chop and change things on an almost daily basis, start cutting out food groups, slashing calories and making things more complicated than it need be...it's hard to watch...and then they blame fasting if it doesn't work. The only people who I've seen on several forums use fasting to get to goal and then maintain, kept it simple. My way isn't "my way"...it's just copying other people who did make it work. Mainly I want to scream at people you need to eat more!! I think there are a lot of strong characters and personalities on Minis and sometimes I feel intimidated by them so say nothing instead. I wish people were kinder to themselves when losing weight.

Know exactly where ur coming from with this post - I am one of those ppl ur talking about - for years I've tried every diet I've come across - I seem to have been particularly partial to the really weird ones with extremely low calories!! And where did they get me - approx 5 stone heavier at my heaviest!!

But since the beginning of January I've been on Slimming World - eating 3 reasonable meals a day with a couple of snacks and I also have a few treats on WI day - don't know if I'm 'there' yet but happier with my eating for a long while..................

Oooohhh a date, how exciting! Good for the old self esteem if nothing else. Well done on the job offer too, also good for the self esteem but good for you being brave enough to turn it down if it wasn't right (which country??)
Have a great weekend.

Know exactly where ur coming from with this post - I am one of those ppl ur talking about - for years I've tried every diet I've come across - I seem to have been particularly partial to the really weird ones with extremely low calories!! And where did they get me - approx 5 stone heavier at my heaviest!!

But since the beginning of January I've been on Slimming World - eating 3 reasonable meals a day with a couple of snacks and I also have a few treats on WI day - don't know if I'm 'there' yet but happier with my eating for a long while..................

I'm glad you have found a happy and healthy way forward x It goes to show that dieting doesn't have to be 24/7 misery and food deprivation!

Oooohhh a date, how exciting! Good for the old self esteem if nothing else. Well done on the job offer too, also good for the self esteem but good for you being brave enough to turn it down if it wasn't right (which country??)
Have a great weekend.

Thanks Kitty. Job was to be based in London but with monthly travel to Europe....bit too big a jump from me currently working at home in my pyjamas!! Seriously nervous about date but it's a starting point.

Weigh in this morning and 2.4lbs off ....got my half century and over half way to goal :eek: The only thing I can put my 2 good weeks down to is getting a good 8 hours sleep at night as nothing else has changed. Went to Next this morning and bought a pair of size 16 jeans for tonight. Still an 18 on top due to my generous boobs but am as pleased with clothes getting smaller as I am with the number on the scales....smaller clothes take less time to iron :p Hope everyone is having a good Easter weekend x

Well done on the continued loss, that brilliant! I also have excessive boobage, can't see that changing somehow!! I have been doing some clothes sorting today and the sizes are on the way down!

I'm glad you have found a happy and healthy way forward x It goes to show that dieting doesn't have to be 24/7 misery and food deprivation!

Thanks Kitty. Job was to be based in London but with monthly travel to Europe....bit too big a jump from me currently working at home in my pyjamas!! Seriously nervous about date but it's a starting point.

Weigh in this morning and 2.4lbs off ....got my half century and over half way to goal :eek: The only thing I can put my 2 good weeks down to is getting a good 8 hours sleep at night as nothing else has changed. Went to Next this morning and bought a pair of size 16 jeans for tonight. Still an 18 on top due to my generous boobs but am as pleased with clothes getting smaller as I am with the number on the scales....smaller clothes take less time to iron :p Hope everyone is having a good Easter weekend x

congrats on ur half century and passing the half way mark - that's a real achievement and hope ur proud of u?!

Hope the date went well - it's bound to feel strange - but great u were wearing size 16 jeans and I think Next sizes are on the small side (or perhaps that's just my self kidology?) Let us know how the date went.

Congrats on the milestones this week Ali :)

Let us know how your date went?

At some point I'll get on and do some proper posting, I'm just so busy at the moment with work and ll the decorating we are trying to finish off, but I completely know where you are coming from. If I have something to say, I'll say it, but I'm not what you would call one life's natural 'chatters' and I find it hard to make small talk unless I know someone really well.

Well done on the continued loss, that brilliant! I also have excessive boobage, can't see that changing somehow!! I have been doing some clothes sorting today and the sizes are on the way down!

I can't see myself ever being less than a 14 on top due to my boobs :rolleyes: Still a 14 on top and a 12 on bottom would suit me just fine if I can do it....far better than a 20/22!!

Well date wasn't really a success. He is a lovely man but he's just too keen...to settle down...with anyone!! Far too intense and kept saying how he'd reached the age where he wanted a family and a happy settled home life....then invited me to his parents for Easter Sunday dinner :eek: I think any single, vaguely suitable woman would do him! Being out with him also made me realise I'm not ready for dating again. I need "me time" right now where I don't have to take into account anyone else's feelings, wants or needs. It was a perfectly amicable night, couple of drinks and no hard feelings. It felt like way too much of an effort though and that's why I think I'm not ready.

Today has been an ok day. Family meal as it is Easter which I always find a bit stressful due to my mother. Didn't have anything to eat till the meal and even then didn't stuff myself as I didn't feel the need. Had three courses and chose exactly what I wanted without worrying about calories but made fairly light choices as that was what I was craving. Came home and had a salad bowl I got from M&S yesterday with some ham and olives with feta. Have 2 Easter eggs I haven't touched yet but may have some with a cup of tea later. Looking forward to tomorrow where I have no plans at all apart from finding a new series to watch on Netflix and having a really lazy day. I've also started putting all my excess stuff on e bay and this week made a tidy profit of £136.56 after fees and postage....and still a whole heap to sell!

Well date wasn't really a success. He is a lovely man but he's just too keen...to settle down...with anyone!! Far too intense and kept saying how he'd reached the age where he wanted a family and a happy settled home life....then invited me to his parents for Easter Sunday dinner :eek: I think any single, vaguely suitable woman would do him! Being out with him also made me realise I'm not ready for dating again. I need "me time" right now where I don't have to take into account anyone else's feelings, wants or needs. It was a perfectly amicable night, couple of drinks and no hard feelings. It felt like way too much of an effort though and that's why I think I'm not ready.

Today has been an ok day. Family meal as it is Easter which I always find a bit stressful due to my mother. Didn't have anything to eat till the meal and even then didn't stuff myself as I didn't feel the need. Had three courses and chose exactly what I wanted without worrying about calories but made fairly light choices as that was what I was craving. Came home and had a salad bowl I got from M&S yesterday with some ham and olives with feta. Have 2 Easter eggs I haven't touched yet but may have some with a cup of tea later. Looking forward to tomorrow where I have no plans at all apart from finding a new series to watch on Netflix and having a really lazy day. I've also started putting all my excess stuff on e bay and this week made a tidy profit of £136.56 after fees and postage....and still a whole heap to sell!

Gosh that poor guy sounds desperate! You sound very grounded and good to 'hear' - enjoy ur choccy and Netflix - and nice to to have the cash rolling in - be handy for when ur out buying the next size down!!

At least you have learned something from the date AND you have taken that first step so when you are ready it won't be so hard. Well done on the ebay profit, I'll have to get going with some stuff here too.

Back