Steps In The Right Direction...86.6lbs Lost Fasting

Yep it's snapped, I'd send it straight back for a replacement xxx

Looking at it I think you've maybe put the bit in the wrong way, it's really hard to explain but they way to tell is when you tap it can you see the lights? Xx

Yep it's snapped, I'd send it straight back for a replacement xxx

Looking at it I think you've maybe put the bit in the wrong way, it's really hard to explain but they way to tell is when you tap it can you see the lights? Xx

The band came with the sensor already in...lights work but band is pinching my skin. Emailed fitbit and have to say really impressed with their customer service. It is indeed broken and they are sending me a replacement band in the colour of my choice for free :D

Today's food has been back on the straight and narrow and probably a mid calorie kind of day. Didn't really feel like eating as got a call to say I've to go into work tomorrow...assuming redundancy rumours are indeed true. So had to cram the rest of my allocated work into today...have only just finished. Means that once I have the good or bad news I've got the rest of Friday to myself. I'm also puppy sitting this weekend for my sister. A 10 week old cocker spaniel that is the last of the litter her dog had...new owners can't pick it up till next weekend. Have a feeling the way she talks about puppies it's going to be time consuming...and messy. :chores016:

The band came with the sensor already in...lights work but band is pinching my skin. Emailed fitbit and have to say really impressed with their customer service. It is indeed broken and they are sending me a replacement band in the colour of my choice for free :D

Today's food has been back on the straight and narrow and probably a mid calorie kind of day. Didn't really feel like eating as got a call to say I've to go into work tomorrow...assuming redundancy rumours are indeed true. So had to cram the rest of my allocated work into today...have only just finished. Means that once I have the good or bad news I've got the rest of Friday to myself. I'm also puppy sitting this weekend for my sister. A 10 week old cocker spaniel that is the last of the litter her dog had...new owners can't pick it up till next weekend. Have a feeling the way she talks about puppies it's going to be time consuming...and messy. :chores016:

OMG - u have had a long day - and not sure what ur wanting to hear 2moro but hope it goes ur way - let us know when u can. Glad fitbit's being replaced - just as it shd be! Good luck with puppy sitting - good job it wasn't last weekend - he/she wd have been a gooseberry & cramped ur style with all the poo bags eh? Any Skyping plans for the weekend??

So...been made redundant. On the outside I was like everyone else :cry:...appropriately upset and disappointed...on the inside I was....:eek::bliss::party0011::banana dancer::bunnydance::stickdance::wee::woohoo:. I know I shouldn't be but I'm actually relieved..and happy. The job was becoming really difficult nothing like what it was originally and I was being asked to do more and more work for the same hours and salary. And my immediate boss was a total prat. He was made redundant too..don't think he saw that coming. The whole department which was merged with another department at Christmas has been merged again. None of my original department are left so don't feel discriminated against. Good redundancy package and will finish at the end of July and paid for rest of notice period. And..it means I can move with a clear conscience :) And for the next month I will do exactly 30 hours of work a week without tying myself in knots and working too many hours and putting too much energy in. I've to work in the office from Monday helping with the handover so it means it will be far easier to stick to my hours. Obviously I've concerns about the future and getting another job but going to take each day as it comes and not anticipate trouble that might not happen. It is a golden opportunity for a fresh start and to be positive.

Managed to fast today as was stuck at work for ages till things were sorted out and had taken nothing to eat with me. Had chicken and salad with a baked potato for dinner. Will weigh in tomorrow morning though only did 2 fasts this week. And then the scales are going away.

I have company for the weekend. He is so cute I could squeeze him to death!

View attachment 143958

So...been made redundant. On the outside I was like everyone else :cry:...appropriately upset and disappointed...on the inside I was....:eek::bliss::party0011::banana dancer::bunnydance::stickdance::wee::woohoo:. I know I shouldn't be but I'm actually relieved..and happy. The job was becoming really difficult nothing like what it was originally and I was being asked to do more and more work for the same hours and salary. And my immediate boss was a total prat. He was made redundant too..don't think he saw that coming. The whole department which was merged with another department at Christmas has been merged again. None of my original department are left so don't feel discriminated against. Good redundancy package and will finish at the end of July and paid for rest of notice period. And..it means I can move with a clear conscience :) And for the next month I will do exactly 30 hours of work a week without tying myself in knots and working too many hours and putting too much energy in. I've to work in the office from Monday helping with the handover so it means it will be far easier to stick to my hours. Obviously I've concerns about the future and getting another job but going to take each day as it comes and not anticipate trouble that might not happen. It is a golden opportunity for a fresh start and to be positive.

Managed to fast today as was stuck at work for ages till things were sorted out and had taken nothing to eat with me. Had chicken and salad with a baked potato for dinner. Will weigh in tomorrow morning though only did 2 fasts this week. And then the scales are going away.

I have company for the weekend. He is so cute I could squeeze him to death!

View attachment 143958
Well as that's what u want - I'm pleased for u - there's a big wide world out there and there's a smaller, narrower u looking for a niche to settle into - wish u well for the future - it's looking bright! Know I shdn't but somehow pleased ur nasty ex boss has got his just desserts.

I admire u for taking a step at a time - not sure I'd be able to - but it wdn't get my anywhere faster so ur doing it right! Ur house guest looks adorable - enjoy the weekend! Well done on ur food today - think I'd have tackled that differently too - like hovering the contents of the vending machines lol x

Am pleased for you & thrilled the idiot boss got made redundant too! Rocking in the corner however re scales plan ;) and omg how cute is your visitor, lots of long walks x

So weigh in and 1.8lbs off...not bad for only 2 fasts this week!! :scale:

That's great - well done - ur 2nd highest monthly loss too! Will u be burning off mor cals walking ur little friend or is he too young to have had all his innoculations? :doggy:

Thanks Lexie and upndown x I think I lost more this month because I'd eaten at TDEE for most of last month and it gave my body a break from dieting and it was happy to let some extra pounds drop when I started again. Might weigh on Tuesday morning as it's the first and then just weigh the first of each month regardless of what day of the week it is. Puppy had his last vaccinations on Thursday so can go out very short 10-15 minute walks but I've just had him out the back garden for a play...scared I'll lose him, he's so small. I'm seriously smitten with him, wish I could keep him :sigh: He did help me skype today ;) Date (..don't know what to call him he's not an OH or a boyfriend!) is coming over next Friday night and staying till Sunday night...not staying with me I hasten to add!! :p Has been a really good day. :)

View attachment 144128View attachment 144129

Thanks Lexie and upndown x I think I lost more this month because I'd eaten at TDEE for most of last month and it gave my body a break from dieting and it was happy to let some extra pounds drop when I started again. Might weigh on Tuesday morning as it's the first and then just weigh the first of each month regardless of whate day of the week it is. Puppy had his last vaccinations on Thursday so can go out very short 10-15 minute walks but I've just had him out the back garden for a play...scared I'll lose him, he's so small. I'm seriously smitten with him, wish I could keep him :sigh: He did help me skype today ;) Date (..don't know what to call him he's not an OH or a boyfriend!) is coming over next Friday night and staying till Sunday night...not staying with me I hasten to add!! :p Has been a really good day. :)

View attachment 144128View attachment 144129

Woo-woo - a male staying over this weekend and another date next weekend - wow 5:2 really suits u eh? Seriously tho' u sound upbeat and good to hear (shd that be see?) The Belfast 'he' must be keen to come over again for a full weekend!

Keep up the good work and u'll be in those size 12s b4 u know it - I bought some trousers in that size for my hols but they have wide legs (suit my pear shape) and they fit!! Also I've some Sainsbury's jeans in size 12 - not been able to get in for a while but can now but with button fastened - but blood supply cuts off ... so a bit a go then...

Hope ur week goes well - at least u'll be working office hours and have a fun weekend to look forward to - has replacement fitbit arrived - if so how's it going?

Last edited:
Been really emotional all day...loads of tears. Have no idea why. Currently watching an old you tube video of Robbie Williams singing Angels live and sobbing into my jammies..:confused: However I have had a puppy to cuddle and a lot of sugar to eat to soothe me. Need to be up early for work tomorrow so just a quick catch up.Hope I'm slighlty more chirpy tomorrow! x

Wow, I have had a long boring night shift pass quickly reading your diary,and I am too scared to read anyone elses Juddd diaries just incase their not as successful as you have been lol

Totally inspired !!! I have read lots about 5:2, intermittent fasting etc done every diet under the sun twice but am really eager to give this a go ...

P.S bet your ex is sooooooooo sorry now !!! as is your boss !! isn't Karma just fab sometimes x :D

Blimey you wait till I go away and then it all kicks off! Mothers, puppies, skype, jobs, diet and the rest! Well done is I think what I want to say, what a huge change for you but how exciting!!!

Wow, I have had a long boring night shift pass quickly reading your diary,and I am too scared to read anyone elses Juddd diaries just incase their not as successful as you have been lol

Totally inspired !!! I have read lots about 5:2, intermittent fasting etc done every diet under the sun twice but am really eager to give this a go ...

P.S bet your ex is sooooooooo sorry now !!! as is your boss !! isn't Karma just fab sometimes x :D

Thank you x It really is the easiest way I've ever found to lose weight. Most of the time I can forget I'm dieting. Good luck if you decide to give it a go! :)

Blimey you wait till I go away and then it all kicks off! Mothers, puppies, skype, jobs, diet and the rest! Well done is I think what I want to say, what a huge change for you but how exciting!!!

It's always the quiet ones :p

Today has been unexpected. I'm finished work a month early. Turns out today was my last day. As I've been off apparently I'm no longer in the loop and therefore useless with the handover...according to my now ex boss. I couldn't care less. I get paid in lieu of notice, have 11 days holiday pay due and my redundancy so I'm no worse off and I'd rather not travel to Glasgow every day anyway. He seemed to think I'd be offended...I grinned and said thanks! I've a six month cushion to get me a new job. Need to go get dinner as all I've had today is water and an apple. New diet/lifestyle plan starts tomorrow too...should really give it some thought!! Fitbit sent me not 1 but 4 free bands..:eek: ...now I just need to get off my bottom and put it to good use. Going to try and stay away from youtube tonight :rolleyes:

Back