Steps In The Right Direction...86.6lbs Lost Fasting

Oh Ali I was sorry to read your latest post and can only reiterate what others have said - your honest, straight talking and sensible posts are inspiring many of us - and it's a fun thread to follow too - but can see you've had enough at the mo - but don't let the b*!?)^$s grind you down and let us know how you get on wiht your next WI - thanks for all your support and for sharing such sound advice and info - take care xx

Really hope your back soon. I know you'll be doing fab with the food choices and can't wait to see your result xxx

:wavey: Hello! Thanks everyone for your kind words. I really needed a break the past 10 days or so. Too much stress in other parts of my life resulting in things on tinternet getting to me far, far too much and making me upset, when in reality it was the things in real life really upsetting me. That's when you know it's time to get off it for a bit before you end up acting out of character. Anyway upwards and onwards. Weigh in on Monday and not expecting any great result at all. Have only managed 4 fasts so far this month with another planned for tomorrow. Have had 3 family birthdays and one still to come on Saturday. My meals on the whole have been healthy but my snacking has been diabolical. I let sugar back in...followed by crisps...cider...general junk food filled with empty calories. I've probably eaten as much in snacks as I have in meals. Managed to get back on track this week and can hope at best for a maintain I reckon. And honestly after the kind of month it has been I'd be fine with that. Managed to get a new temp job which I start on Monday so am hoping September will be a brighter month all round. :) x

So glad you are back. It makes sense to take a break when things get too much , and your analysis seems sound - when things get on top of us because life gets tricky, it is easy to focus on the niggly things that get in the way. It seems you have your perspective back - and we have all been there! You have had months of good eating so a wobbly month won't hurt in the scheme of things as you sound very focussed again. Congratulations on the new temp job - as you say upwards and onwards. Take care Hon.

Thanks Lexie and Kitty :) x Had a busy couple of days so have barely been around. Quick couple of food pics is all for tonight. Will get back to posting properly from Monday after weigh in.

Friday's fast day
pic20140830225331.jpg

Sweet rhubarb tea. Green tea with mango and lychee. A Food Doctor pot...didn't find it very filling at all. A portion of chicken and veggies cooked in stock with some balsamic vinegar and brown sugar.

Saturday's food

pic20140830225617.jpg

All bran with greek yogurt, strawberries and honey. Spinach, tomatoes, cottage cheese and smoked ham with a green tea and 2 plums. Salad, baked potato and butter with pork and pepper slices. A ww chocolate muffin dessert. A cuppa and a rice krispies honeycomb crunch to end the day. Had a good couple of walks too which helped blow away the cobwebs! Ate nothing at birthday party and managed to get away after a couple of hours...who has a party for an 8 year old at 7pm???

Should be an ok food day tomorrow before weigh in x

So glad you are back. It makes sense to take a break when things get too much , and your analysis seems sound - when things get on top of us because life gets tricky, it is easy to focus on the niggly things that get in the way. It seems you have your perspective back - and we have all been there! You have had months of good eating so a wobbly month won't hurt in the scheme of things as you sound very focussed again. Congratulations on the new temp job - as you say upwards and onwards. Take care Hon.

Really looking forward to the coming month and getting back on track. Wobbly months are part of life and I don't think on the whole I've come out of it too bad.I feel so much better when I eat healthier...need to remember that in future!

Nice to have you back chick :)

Well done for avoiding the food at party! Hope today is a good one :) x

Thank you. All the beige party food was easy to resist as it was the 4th party with all the same people attending in a month...had no small talk left in me and just wanted home! x

Quick food pics for the day and then need to get to bed for early start. Will weigh in tomorrow morning but probably won't get on here till tomorrow night. Need to walk and drop off Gavin and get to new job ... preferably not covered in dog hair!

pic20140831224726.jpg

Breakfast was a protein, spinach, banana and blueberry shake. Lunch was potato and leek soup followed by oven baked cured pork loin with veggies and new potatoes with butter. Snack of plums and salted caramel green tea. Dinner was a sweet chilli wrap with spinach, tomatoes and cottage cheese. And a packet of fridge raiders to round the day off!! Hope everyone has had a good weekend x

Good luck with everything today and the food choices look yummy! Can't get fridge raiders here in France!

Can I ask a silly question?

What do you put in ur shakes to get the wetness. I would use milk and natural yoghurt and little touch honey plus fruit ingredients, to make a smoothie. I know people use juice.

Is it the protein powder? Is that optional? X

Good luck with everything today and the food choices look yummy! Can't get fridge raiders here in France!

I must admit fridge raiders wouldn't normally be my first snack of choice but they did hit the spot last night!

Can I ask a silly question?

What do you put in ur shakes to get the wetness. I would use milk and natural yoghurt and little touch honey plus fruit ingredients, to make a smoothie. I know people use juice.

Is it the protein powder? Is that optional? X

I just use a cup of water. I don't really "allow" myself just to have fruit shakes very often as I'm eating enough fruit on its own I feel. I always have green in my shakes...spinach, lettuce, celery, cucumber mixed with some fruit. I've worked up to now having 2/3 green and 1/3 fruit. You can use frozen banana or use an avocado to give it a creamy taste instead of using milk. I add protein powder purely out of choice. I'm trying hard to keep my protein levels up for several reasons. And when I use it because it is already sweet I don't need to add honey or sugar or anything else... and as it is whey protein it makes it taste milkyish anyway and is about the same calories as if I were to use milk. The few times I've made a fruit shake I used KoKo milk...and found I actually preferred the taste when made with water!

Good Luck! Think I missed you having a new job, hope it goes well xx

Thanks Lexie. Day went ok but thankfully I'll be able to work from home in a couple of weeks as the 3 hour round commute could become annoying!

Salted caramel green tea????

Yes! Twinings make it..it's lovely. I also have their mango and lychee, gingerbread and apple and pear green tea. Trying to find the caramelised apple one locally but no joy yet.

Back