Steps In The Right Direction...86.6lbs Lost Fasting

Are the lovely folk of Holywood ready for Gavin's plastic addiction though?? Hurling a plastic bathroom bin into the sea isn't quite the same as a ball. That's not to mention the plastic spoons, measuring jug, washing up bowl etc etc that are all he will play with at the minute. He still sleeps with the empty sweetcorn tray ....though it has a rival for his affections...an empty cottage cheese tub :rolleyes:

Well it would give us all something to talk about anyway!

Managed a fast day today...first of the month so I'm already running behind :eek: Work is a lot more hard work and time consuming than first anticipated and to finish it by the required date is going to mean working 40+ hours a week. I'm going to get paid for the extra hours but don't know if I'd have taken it if I'd known in advance. One week down and I'm shattered. Rush hour traffic is a nightmare so have been going in early hence today's half day. Hoping I will do the work I need to do on site next week and can then work from home. Also can anyone recommend a good phone? Turns out my phone with the indestructible screen obviously hadn't been tested by the likes of Gavin and isn't looking so good after 10 minutes secretive chewing up the back of his crate :rolleyes: Thankfully he hasn't eaten any of it though...which really is a miracle.

Catch up of the last couple of days food

Thursday

pic20140905225657.jpg

Breakfast was grapes, blueberries, all bran, greek yogurt and honey. Then I added coffee to my chocolate protein, banana shake....why have I never done this before??? Made the gritty protein powder taste delicious. Had lunch when I got in from work...flax corn thins with smoked ham, cottage cheese, tomatoes and wilted spinach. Later in the evening I had tuna bean salad. And I finished up the day with a green protein shake.

Friday...fast day!

pic20140905225919.jpg

I had new potatoes with butter, veggies, 2 meat free burgers and tomato ketchup for my one meal. And after finally getting my hands on the green tea I wanted earlier in the week it was my drink of choice for the day.

I'm having a really lazy day...including my food! Think tonight's dinner will be courtesy of M&S!

I am so tired :eek: This full time working lark isn't all it's cracked up to be. Will be glad when the initial couple of weeks are over and I can work from home. Though I must confess I had adapted well to my unemployed days of rolling about with Gavin, going out when I felt like it, watching the channel 5 afternoon film...and having time to cook proper food!

Today's food is brief. By dinner time tonight I was starving, and I had trout which seemed to take forever to cook and as the veggies were ready I ate them first...then had a protein shake....the leftover lentils...and finally the trout eaten on its own. None of that made for any decent pics so didn't bother.

View attachment 152254

Breakfast was all bran, milk and strawberries. Lunch was a food doctor pot and 2 plums, red grapes and cherries. Not very thrilling all in all! Also had some corn thins and cashew butter tonight but sat down with it and phone was on other side of room and couldn't be chuffing bothered getting up so no pic :p

Sorry to hear the job's not going as well as you expected - might it improve when you've settled in and more accustomed to the tasks?? Hope so.

And hotbuns is no more. The man who never wants commitment..ever.. said I was being unfair to him and insensitive to his needs and needed to commit more to him :eek: NO! Talk about double standards. So it's back to just me and Gavin :doggy:

Oh what a hypocrite - and sounds a bit self centred too - best stick to Gavin I say - sounds much less demanding and likely to be more loyal too x

Food

View attachment 152392

Breakfast was greek yogurt, granola, strawberries and some cocoa delight nakd bits. Lunch (eaten at half 4!) was sandwich thins with cheese and tomato bunged in the microwave till the cheese melted! Dinner was penne pasta bolognese with some parmesan. And a green protein shake to end the day. Also managed to get hold of the caramalised apple green tea and it is REALLY good :)

Mmmmm.... yum yum - you're doing so well - esp as work is so demanding and you're busy with Gavin!

Your food always looking amazing! Well thought out, fresh, clean colours, appetising and very appealing. Think I may copy more of your foods ;) xxx

How are you enjoying the referendum build up? Wish I was up there for this historic time. Saw some great debates and rallies. If I had a vote, it would be yes which is funny because I was a definite no when they announced the date of the referendum.

Hope u have a lovely day chick :)

We need some more Gavin pics! X

Sorry to hear the job's not going as well as you expected - might it improve when you've settled in and more accustomed to the tasks?? Hope so.

Oh what a hypocrite - and sounds a bit self centred too - best stick to Gavin I say - sounds much less demanding and likely to be more loyal too x

Mmmmm.... yum yum - you're doing so well - esp as work is so demanding and you're busy with Gavin!

I think job is just going to be a pain because even though I've speeded up with what I've to do the sheer quantity of work is going to be so much more time consuming. Just need to knuckle down and get on with it. Keep thinking of the extra money! Must admit it was probably the wrong time to start a new relationship and I'm pretty happy with just me and Gavin....I can put him in his crate when he misbehaves, can't do that with a man!! I'm much happier with the food I'm eating this month and it doesn't feel like a chore to eat healthily now x Lovely to see you back upndown x

Your food always looking amazing! Well thought out, fresh, clean colours, appetising and very appealing. Think I may copy more of your foods ;)
xx

Awww...thanks Carrie. I think because I'm trying to eat a lot of fruit and veg the pics tend to turn out ok because there is a fair bit of colour. Still trying to keep my protein and fibre up and am really enjoying eating healthily...which I never thought I'd say! xx

How are you enjoying the referendum build up? Wish I was up there for this historic time. Saw some great debates and rallies. If I had a vote, it would be yes which is funny because I was a definite no when they announced the date of the referendum.

Hope u have a lovely day chick :)

We need some more Gavin pics! X

I'm going to be voting no. I think what we need are more parliamentary powers rather than independence. I think there is a lot to lose. And I'll admit it makes me nervous. I am very proud to be Scottish and consider myself Scottish first and foremost...but I also like being British. I think Alex Salmond is out to get his name in the history book regardless of the consequences and the harm it may do Scotland in the long term. I would hate to think of the recession Scotland could face with a yes vote when companies bail out of Scotland. Half my family would be unemployed or have to relocate. I watched the 2 debates with Salmond and he was floored in the first and in the second all the pair of them did was shout over the top of each other. Plenty of lies on both sides but I am less inclined to vote for someone who is lying to get me to change the whole dynamic of Scotland. Once the decision is made to be independent ...that's it, it's final, no going back and that is scary. It's very easy to get carried away with emotion and being patriotic with all the" braveheart freedom" talk but can we really afford to be independent with all that it entails? xx

Saturday's food

pic20140907224301.jpg

Lazy food day! Breakfast was 2 crumpets with butter. Lunch was a food doctor pot. Snack of pear, blueberries and strawberry jelly. Dinner was chicken in a tomato and basil sauce...courtesy of M&S with mashed potatoes, spinach and baby tomatoes. Also had a chocolate sundae from M&S which I forgot to take a pic of.

Today's food

pic20140907224515.jpg

No breakfast. Sunday lunch was leek and potato soup followed by a roast beef dinner. Dinner was tomato and mozzarella salad with balsamic dressing, bavarian smoked ham, tzatziki, small tub of houmous and buckwheat crispbreads. Went for a nice long walk this afternoon, sunny but breezy. Had some sea salt milk chocolate tonight too.

Love your food choices. And Gavin is adorable.

Back