Steps In The Right Direction...86.6lbs Lost Fasting

So back to it today :) Have been plodding along fine..well until Saturday night and yesterday when I ate everything..whole box of chocolates, crisps, cheese, nuts etc etc. My digestive system didn't like it too much though so it didn't hang around for long :eek: I also didn't enjoy it. It really was eating for the sake of eating and getting back to it today isn't a problem which is probably a first. Normally one day pigging out and the next day I am constantly fighting the urge to have "just one more day" off plan. I weighed myself on Saturday. Was supposed to help motivate me but obviously that didn't work out so well :rolleyes: It showed a 4lb loss so far for the month so have 3 fasts remaining for September to undo any damage the weekend did and hopefully lose another pound which would take me (just!) into the 10s. Hope everyone has had a good weekend and will catch up on here after today's work. x

So back to it today :) Have been plodding along fine..well until Saturday night and yesterday when I ate everything..whole box of chocolates, crisps, cheese, nuts etc etc. My digestive system didn't like it too much though so it didn't hang around for long :eek: I also didn't enjoy it. It really was eating for the sake of eating and getting back to it today isn't a problem which is probably a first. Normally one day pigging out and the next day I am constantly fighting the urge to have "just one more day" off plan. I weighed myself on Saturday. Was supposed to help motivate me but obviously that didn't work out so well :rolleyes: It showed a 4lb loss so far for the month so have 3 fasts remaining for September to undo any damage the weekend did and hopefully lose another pound which would take me (just!) into the 10s. Hope everyone has had a good weekend and will catch up on here after today's work. x

good to have u back. That's a great loss for 3/4 the way thro the month and in my experience 1 day off plan doesn't do too much damage and any small gain comes off quickly when we get back to the job! Xx

Thank you ladies x Didn't think when I started last year that I'd be saying "getting into the 10s". Successful fast day but pretty poor...for that read really poor... food choices...3 packets of crisps and a kit kat. Fine calorie wise but nutrition wise...:copon:. Still one down 2 to go before next weigh in. Then I am going to do something a bit weird...I'm not dieting for a month.. or as I don't really see this as dieting I'm not trying to lose weight for a month. I'm going to eat normally and weigh once a week to keep things in check. I've found the last month really hard not to fall off the wagon so many times. It's almost like as a healthy weight approaches I feel panicky...which makes no sense. Maybe I'm scared I'll have nothing to use as an excuse or to hide behind if I'm not fat any more??? I don't know. I think a month of healthy eating in October should hopefully get me back in the right frame of mind to lose the rest. My only dilemma is do I do one fast a week which I would like to do to maintain or do I count calories and eat my supposed TDEE?

Welcome back!!! Xxx oh how I've missed you!!! It's completely normal to stumble/falter as we approach healthy weight! It's unknown territory to a lot of us. I like your idea of weekly weighing to keep eye on a no diet month and I'd suggest your first week or 2 not to fast as your keeping check anyway. If you feel it's outta control then fast one day to see if that's enough. You've done amazingly well. Xxx

Yay welcome back! Missed you!!! When I get to target I still intend to 5:2 but eat more on my 5 days cos at present I only have 1600-1700 cals mostly. 5:2 for me is the health benefits too. And well done on your loss so far this month xx

Thank you ladies x Didn't think when I started last year that I'd be saying "getting into the 10s". Successful fast day but pretty poor...for that read really poor... food choices...3 packets of crisps and a kit kat. Fine calorie wise but nutrition wise...:copon:. Still one down 2 to go before next weigh in. Then I am going to do something a bit weird...I'm not dieting for a month.. or as I don't really see this as dieting I'm not trying to lose weight for a month. I'm going to eat normally and weigh once a week to keep things in check. I've found the last month really hard not to fall off the wagon so many times. It's almost like as a healthy weight approaches I feel panicky...which makes no sense. Maybe I'm scared I'll have nothing to use as an excuse or to hide behind if I'm not fat any more??? I don't know. I think a month of healthy eating in October should hopefully get me back in the right frame of mind to lose the rest. My only dilemma is do I do one fast a week which I would like to do to maintain or do I count calories and eat my supposed TDEE?
Hi - know exactly what u mean as I've done it over and over myself but have never fathomed the fathom the reason! But wonder if one reason could be all that ur going thro - many ppl wdn't be able to cope with redundancy let alone ur relationship breakdown, work stress and ur planned move to say nothing of ur relationship with ur Mum and the stress of the political situation.

The main thing to focus on I think is ur success and how well/far u've come then perhaps u cd decide on ur plan each week - whether fast or count cals? Keep looking in that mirror too - and if u have any ur larger clothes - take a look at those to reinforce how well u've done!

Just read over that and changed some of the wording but hope it doesn't come over as patronising!!

Hi - know exactly what u mean as I've done it over and over myself but have never fathomed the fathom the reason! But wonder if one reason could be all that ur going thro - many ppl wdn't be able to cope with redundancy let alone ur relationship breakdown, work stress and ur planned move to say nothing of ur relationship with ur Mum and the stress of the political situation.

The main thing to focus on I think is ur success and how well/far u've come then perhaps u cd decide on ur plan each week - whether fast or count cals? Keep looking in that mirror too - and if u have any ur larger clothes - take a look at those to reinforce how well u've done!

Just read over that and changed some of the wording but hope it doesn't come over as patronising!!

Not patronising at all..just good advice...as usual! xx :)

*hides empty box of chocolates behind back and stuffs cheese into hamster cheeks* Today has been a very heavy calorie day. Nothing wrong with that but mustn't let it become a habit. I think after I weigh on the 1st I'm going to just play it by ear how to manage October. No hard and fast rules. If I want to calorie count...I will. If I want to fast for one day a week that's ok too. And if I feel like getting on the scales every morning heck I might do that as well. I need a break and to take all weight loss pressure off for a few weeks. My only definite aim is to start November the same as I start October. My long term plan, like Kitty, is to fast one day a week to maintain and for health benefits. I'm just a bit frazzled at the moment and food is far too high up in my mind and I need to get it back into proportion...and to remember I don't need to be perfect 100% of the time.

You are the one that proves the joy of this way of eating. You have never really obsessed about calories on an UD and have lost more than any of us.
I bet the 8 chocolates and the cheese is nothing compared to how it used to be, would that be right???

You are the one that proves the joy of this way of eating. You have never really obsessed about calories on an UD and have lost more than any of us. I bet the 8 chocolates and the cheese is nothing compared to how it used to be, would that be right???

Completely agree, KB always says it perfectly x

So I've had the mid cycle pain in my lady bits again...something akin to the pain I imagine I'd have if they were ripped out without anaesthetic :rolleyes: Can't get appointment with doctor so have been making do with a hot water bottle and painkillers. Sitting down has been near impossible at times and when I pace about Gavin seems to think we are doing heel work and follows me. Have slipped behind with my work this week because of it and am having to use some extra hours I banked for my couple of weeks in Belfast...which is really annoying. I've also soothed myself with lots of tasty, overpriced food from M&S. Supposed to be fasting tomorrow but will see how I feel. I did try on last winter's coats and I think for the first time I can really see how far I've come. They look massive on me and they were skin tight last year as I refused to buy a size bigger. Not only are they baggy, but they are miles longer in the body and sleeves. Now my arms haven't shrunk lengthwise and I'm still the same height so I assume it's because there is less body and flab inside to fill them up. I still can't fit comfortably in my size 12 jeans yet. As I said to Kitty my thighs and hips seem unwilling to budge. I must be losing weight from my feet or something cause at the minute I can't tell where it is shifting from!

You just had really fat feet and ears I reckon. Brilliant news on the coats, it's great when you cans see it like that and it doesn't happen as often as I'd like! Not so good on the pain, hopefully it will settle soon xx

So I've had the mid cycle pain in my lady bits again...something akin to the pain I imagine I'd have if they were ripped out without anaesthetic :rolleyes: Can't get appointment with doctor so have been making do with a hot water bottle and painkillers. Sitting down has been near impossible at times and when I pace about Gavin seems to think we are doing heel work and follows me. Have slipped behind with my work this week because of it and am having to use some extra hours I banked for my couple of weeks in Belfast...which is really annoying. I've also soothed myself with lots of tasty, overpriced food from M&S. Supposed to be fasting tomorrow but will see how I feel. I did try on last winter's coats and I think for the first time I can really see how far I've come. They look massive on me and they were skin tight last year as I refused to buy a size bigger. Not only are they baggy, but they are miles longer in the body and sleeves. Now my arms haven't shrunk lengthwise and I'm still the same height so I assume it's because there is less body and flab inside to fill them up. I still can't fit comfortably in my size 12 jeans yet. As I said to Kitty my thighs and hips seem unwilling to budge. I must be losing weight from my feet or something cause at the minute I can't tell where it is shifting from!

poor u hope u can get to see doc soon. Know what u mean about shifting weight from hips and thighs and the long sleeves - just celebrate the bagginess wherever it is!!

Back