Steps In The Right Direction...86.6lbs Lost Fasting

Thanks Kitty and upndown..how you getting on after your holiday upndown? Getting back into the swing of things? Earliest doctor's appointment I can get is next Friday...:rolleyes: Said I'd take it though as totm is bad enough without having an additional few days for funsies mid month too. Fasting today and then will do my last September fast on Monday before weigh in on Wednesday. Going winter coat shopping tomorrow. Last year's were a size 20/22 hoping this year I will be wearing a 14 :faint2:

I read a blog online which is about a woman losing weight using SW. Have been reading it for a while and most of the time I think she talks a lot of sense...however...she had a go at fasting. Calling it a fad diet. She said it was an unhealthy diet that would cause you to lose muscle and lean tissue. And that it would damage your metabolic rate and for the rest of your life you would need to eat less and less calories to maintain. What utter drivel. Your body is quite happy to use the food in your system and the glycogen stores in your liver followed by your fat stores before it would look at muscle when only fasting for 36ish hours. Studies have shown that people who did regular fasting lost body fat even if they weren't obese to begin with. It has also been proven in studies that it is one of the best fat burning diets while protecting lean muscle. I'm tempted to email her and say "look I've lost 81lbs since last November purely by fasting 2/3 days a week. I also eat perfectly well on non fasting days and any time I've eaten at my projected TDEE I've never had trouble maintaining so my metabolic rate would appear not to be damaged. What studies have you read to back up your blunt opinions? If you've never fasted don't try and say you are an expert on it and a fasting guru and give people misinformation!!" *calming breath* I probably won't do it though as some people refuse to admit they could possibly be wrong.

I'd just send her a link to your post! Some people will never be told and as we have said before, you do what's right for you but you have to let other people do the same. Just cos it doesn't float her boat doesn't make it wrong!

Have saved all my DD calories for watching strictly :D M&S asian chilli chicken noodles and then crisps and a flump!!

Good food choices there!

Thanks Kitty and upndown..how you getting on after your holiday upndown? Getting back into the swing of things? Earliest doctor's appointment I can get is next Friday...:rolleyes: Said I'd take it though as totm is bad enough without having an additional few days for funsies mid month too. Fasting today and then will do my last September fast on Monday before weigh in on Wednesday. Going winter coat shopping tomorrow. Last year's were a size 20/22 hoping this year I will be wearing a 14 :faint2:

I read a blog online which is about a woman losing weight using SW. Have been reading it for a while and most of the time I think she talks a lot of sense...however...she had a go at fasting. Calling it a fad diet. She said it was an unhealthy diet that would cause you to lose muscle and lean tissue. And that it would damage your metabolic rate and for the rest of your life you would need to eat less and less calories to maintain. What utter drivel. Your body is quite happy to use the food in your system and the glycogen stores in your liver followed by your fat stores before it would look at muscle when only fasting for 36ish hours. Studies have shown that people who did regular fasting lost body fat even if they weren't obese to begin with. It has also been proven in studies that it is one of the best fat burning diets while protecting lean muscle. I'm tempted to email her and say "look I've lost 81lbs since last November purely by fasting 2/3 days a week. I also eat perfectly well on non fasting days and any time I've eaten at my projected TDEE I've never had trouble maintaining so my metabolic rate would appear not to be damaged. What studies have you read to back up your blunt opinions? If you've never fasted don't try and say you are an expert on it and a fasting guru and give people misinformation!!" *calming breath* I probably won't do it though as some people refuse to admit they could possibly be wrong.

hope doc sorts u out - totm is a real pain once a month as it is! Bet u'll u'll feel a million dollars in ur size 14 coat!

how did u know I was in the 'swing' of things - but bet u didn't mean swinging upndown! I'm fine for a few days then overeating for a few - will try again 2moro!

Words fail me regarding all the fasting 'experts'! Ignorance is bliss they say!

hope doc sorts u out - totm is a real pain once a month as it is! Bet u'll u'll feel a million dollars in ur size 14 coat!

how did u know I was in the 'swing' of things - but bet u didn't mean swinging upndown! I'm fine for a few days then overeating for a few - will try again 2moro!

Words fail me regarding all the fasting 'experts'! Ignorance is bliss they say!

No new coat for me as to my shame found out I'd stashed some clothes at my sister's ages ago and spent yesterday sorting them out. Nearly all with labels and none of them fit :( I have been so wasteful with money I'm not buying a new coat till I've either donated what I can and sold the rest online. I also did a mass cull on clothes in wardrobes and chest of drawers today and bagged up anything that didn't fit...not saving any clothes as emergency fat clothes...and organised what was left. I have a serious problem with buying clothes. Mainly in the assumption that one day I would slim into them. And now I have they are either no longer fashionable or I seriously wonder what I was thinking when I bought them as they are awful :eek: I have what fits me now and the jeans I bought as my goal jeans...that's it. NO MORE BUYING CLOTHES!! Of course I'm now left mainly with pyjamas, tshirts and fleeces...thank goodness I work from home and have no social life!

I think you need to be in the right frame of mind for dieting upndown. Don't be too hard on yourself. x Even one good day a week is better than none. Even try eating at maintenance calories till you get your mojo back? Anything I can do to help just let me know as you have been so supportive of me x

Had a good fast day yesterday and have enjoyed my UD today. At my sister's for lunch tomorrow. Having my mother to stay for a few days next week while she is having work done on the house...that should be fun! :rolleyes: Weigh in on Wednesday and will take whatever figure it is and that will be my goal to maintain for the 1st of October weigh in. Hope everyone is having a good weekend x

Oh I am so with you with the clothes. I had from 18s to 24s still with labels on. Gladly all too big & gone now. Hope mother & you survive her visit. Leave lots of your small size clothes hanging around won't you ;) xx

No new coat for me as to my shame found out I'd stashed some clothes at my sister's ages ago and spent yesterday sorting them out. Nearly all with labels and none of them fit :( I have been so wasteful with money I'm not buying a new coat till I've either donated what I can and sold the rest online. I also did a mass cull on clothes in wardrobes and chest of drawers today and bagged up anything that didn't fit...not saving any clothes as emergency fat clothes...and organised what was left. I have a serious problem with buying clothes. Mainly in the assumption that one day I would slim into them. And now I have they are either no longer fashionable or I seriously wonder what I was thinking when I bought them as they are awful :eek: I have what fits me now and the jeans I bought as my goal jeans...that's it. NO MORE BUYING CLOTHES!! Of course I'm now left mainly with pyjamas, tshirts and fleeces...thank goodness I work from home and have no social life!

I think you need to be in the right frame of mind for dieting upndown. Don't be too hard on yourself. x Even one good day a week is better than none. Even try eating at maintenance calories till you get your mojo back? Anything I can do to help just let me know as you have been so supportive of me x

Had a good fast day yesterday and have enjoyed my UD today. At my sister's for lunch tomorrow. Having my mother to stay for a few days next week while she is having work done on the house...that should be fun! :rolleyes: Weigh in on Wednesday and will take whatever figure it is and that will be my goal to maintain for the 1st of October weigh in. Hope everyone is having a good weekend x

Brave girl having ur Mum to stay - hope it goes ok! Hope ur feeling a bit better.

Think lots of us have had a prob with buying clothes - at least ur sorting them out and u'll either get some cash or others will benefit. Hopefully when we're at target - we'll just have the one size in our wardrobes and we'll be happy or at least happier when we look I'm the mirror!

I maintained for 3-4 months before my last stone came off. It wasn't deliberate but I think it was good looking back cos I got to goal feeling OK about being there xx

So monthly weigh in tomorrow..although I cheated and weighed early last week :p Hoping I can lose 0.8 of a lb and get into the tens. Have had 3 fasts since I last weighed but have also eaten well on my UDs so have no idea what scales will say. Is well over a decade since I last saw the 10s on the scales so would be quite a feat if I manage it. Then as planned I'm having October as a break and eating at maintenance level ready to start again in November to shift the rest...though I still haven't decided on a final target weight as I'll need to see what I look like as time goes on. Really need to try and tone up all my soft wobbly bits. My body looked firmer and better around a stone ago but I know that was just the fat padding things out!

So monthly weigh in tomorrow..although I cheated and weighed early last week :p Hoping I can lose 0.8 of a lb and get into the tens. Have had 3 fasts since I last weighed but have also eaten well on my UDs so have no idea what scales will say. Is well over a decade since I last saw the 10s on the scales so would be quite a feat if I manage it. Then as planned I'm having October as a break and eating at maintenance level ready to start again in November to shift the rest...though I still haven't decided on a final target weight as I'll need to see what I look like as time goes on. Really need to try and tone up all my soft wobbly bits. My body looked firmer and better around a stone ago but I know that was just the fat padding things out!

Wow it'd be amazing to see the 10s hey babe! Don't go disappearing in October though will you, we need you x

really hope u get that 0.8lb off - it'll give u another boost - fantastic to get where u were so long ago! yes exercising is a good idea but I'm haphazard with it and it shows! Think ur right to delay setting a target weight - when we've lost loads it's hard to know what our healthy weight shd be isn't it? U'll know when u get there cos u'll always be checking urself in the mirror!

Really quick weigh in update as today is one of those days :rolleyes: Weighed in this morning at 10.12.8 a loss of 1.8lbs and a total loss of 82.8lbs in 10 and a half months. And I'm in the 10's!!!!!! :scale: Will catch up later on tonight :D

Absobloodylutelyfantasyicallyamazinglybrilliant! You should be so so proud of yourself!!!! Xx

Thanks everyone :D Hasn't really sunk in yet that I'm in the 10s when only this time last year I was pushing at 17 stones. And it also, I hope, goes to show you don't need to have massive losses to get somewhere...it all adds up. Fasting has turned my life around like I never would have believed. I did think for many years I was just destined to be fat forever. Fasting was the perfect fit for me. Could easily suck it up and be strong and focussed for a day at a time knowing I could relax the next day. And I'm glad that my decision to eat well on UDs didn't backfire on me. It was hard when other people were having a lot less calories on an UD not to panic and cut my own calories. You really can enjoy yourself and lose weight...without having to make things too hard on yourself. I love that more people have given fasting a go since I joined. I know some use it as a way to maintain and others as a switch when nearing goal or when another plan doesn't suit any more or isn't giving the desired results. I wish I could get all the non believers to give fasting a go!!:p I hope that I've shown that you can also fast from the get go and get the results you want without the need for anything else. I hope I don't sound big headed. :eek: I'm proud of myself for achieving what I have so far..and feeling proud of myself is a bit of an alien feeling so I'm probably going on a bit and sounding like a preachy prat!! I have 7.8lbs to lose to get to a normal BMI. If I do that I will have lost 6 stone...6lbs...6 ounces...all the sixes!! Hope everyone has had a good day x

Back