Steps In The Right Direction...86.6lbs Lost Fasting

It's taken me two days between my little boys naps but I've sat and read through your whole diary and you have inspired me massively!! You've have done so well and are a brilliant example of why fasting works. I have a similar start weight to you so seeing your numbers go down has cemented fasting as a good way of losing it for me :D

It's taken me two days between my little boys naps but I've sat and read through your whole diary and you have inspired me massively!! You've have done so well and are a brilliant example of why fasting works. I have a similar start weight to you so seeing your numbers go down has cemented fasting as a good way of losing it for me :D

Thank you :) I never know whether to apologise or offer to pay people for reading my diary!! For me fasting has certainly been the best fit I've ever found to tackle my weight problem. It fits in with life rather than taking it over. I've done other diets in the past and do ok for so long and then the daily restriction gets to me and I give up. With fasting because you are only restricting 2/3 days a week I feel far less stressed about it and know that I can mix and match days to fit anything I want in. Even on the weeks where my UDs have been over the top a couple of fasts alongside means I don't fall in to the "sod it I may as well give up" attitude as the fast days balance it out and the scales don't zoom up. If you are giving fasting a go the best advice I can give is to keep it simple. Stick to your fast day limit and don't skimp on your UDs. I've seen a lot of people slash calories on non fast days to try and speed things up...it may work for a week or two but then it backfires. Fatigue sets in and then it all falls apart. And on the other hand people who take the "eat what you want" on non fast days too literally are surprised when they don't lose...you can have any food you want but not ALL the food!! It really is a sustainable plan. Quick fixes in my opinion don't last and I am hopeful that with fasting I've conquered my weight problem for life. Losing weight doesn't need to be torture and with fasting I don't feel deprived at all. Good luck :)

Thank you :) I never know whether to apologise or offer to pay people for reading my diary!! For me fasting has certainly been the best fit I've ever found to tackle my weight problem. It fits in with life rather than taking it over. I've done other diets in the past and do ok for so long and then the daily restriction gets to me and I give up. With fasting because you are only restricting 2/3 days a week I feel far less stressed about it and know that I can mix and match days to fit anything I want in. Even on the weeks where my UDs have been over the top a couple of fasts alongside means I don't fall in to the "sod it I may as well give up" attitude as the fast days balance it out and the scales don't zoom up. If you are giving fasting a go the best advice I can give is to keep it simple. Stick to your fast day limit and don't skimp on your UDs. I've seen a lot of people slash calories on non fast days to try and speed things up...it may work for a week or two but then it backfires. Fatigue sets in and then it all falls apart. And on the other hand people who take the "eat what you want" on non fast days too literally are surprised when they don't lose...you can have any food you want but not ALL the food!! It really is a sustainable plan. Quick fixes in my opinion don't last and I am hopeful that with fasting I've conquered my weight problem for life. Losing weight doesn't need to be torture and with fasting I don't feel deprived at all. Good luck :)

I agree with you on quick fixes. I've tried them in the past and suffered for it!! I did two fast days Saturday and Sunday to kick start me (eek!) so yesterday I wasn't thinking about food and accidentally under ate. But in future I'll be sure to eat well on my UD's. Your attitude to healthy food and not just filling up on rubbish has made me see sense too after being brainwashed by WW foods. You made me laugh with your refusal to eat Muller Yoghurts, just because they're 'free'. Will keep following if you don't mind, it'll help me to keep going X

I agree with you on quick fixes. I've tried them in the past and suffered for it!! I did two fast days Saturday and Sunday to kick start me (eek!) so yesterday I wasn't thinking about food and accidentally under ate. But in future I'll be sure to eat well on my UD's. Your attitude to healthy food and not just filling up on rubbish has made me see sense too after being brainwashed by WW foods. You made me laugh with your refusal to eat Muller Yoghurts, just because they're 'free'. Will keep following if you don't mind, it'll help me to keep going X

I have a bee in my bonnet about "diet food" that's pushed at us, as what we should eat to lose weight. Low fat stuff that's packed full of sugar!! "Real food" is far more satisfying and does you more good. If you give your body what it needs it functions better instead of having to process a barrel load of sugar, additives and goodness knows what else. I'm not militant though :p and still like my chocolate and crisps...but my meals make up most of my daily calories rather than small meals and a million snacks like I'd have done in the past. 80/20 is my target for a happy balance. Being perfect would be boring so I just aim for better than I used to be :D You are more than welcome to keep following as it is far easier with company x

So Tuesday was going great and then I got that weird mid cycle pain in my lady bits again...felt like someone stabbing a knitting needle up my hoo ha :eek: The pain made me sick and then I thought I was going to pass out so my brother took me to doctor's on call and then to a&e for an ultrasound. Have some small cysts but they seem to think the problem is endometriosis so awaiting a referral. Got some lovely drugs to help with the pain and I know it only lasts three or four days and then goes away. Luckily brother's lodger took Gavin while all this was going on and he had him most of Wednesday too. Feeling much better now, just a bit washed out. Still managed my fast Wednesday ;)...but think that was down to me sleeping most of it. Normal UD today and will fast again tomorrow.

Ouch. I suffer from endometriosis and PCOS and I get a fair bit of pain, although it's eased a bit since having Cole. I was on the waiting list for an op to have the endo removed then we found out I was pregnant. No point to this post really, just wanted to say I have every sympathy x

That's shooting pain you describe. I get this too. It usually starts around 7-8 days before totm is due and lasts around 4-5 days. It's agony and really does take my breath away. If I'm mid conversation with someone it's like I start panting as it's exactly a stabbing sensation. It's so sore and also embarrassing. Because it happens the same time of my cycle I've always thought it was just totm... Now I'm thinking it may not be. I've only had it the last 2-3 years.... ( since I was sterilised )

I really hope you get it sorted. Xxx

Ouch. I suffer from endometriosis and PCOS and I get a fair bit of pain, although it's eased a bit since having Cole. I was on the waiting list for an op to have the endo removed then we found out I was pregnant. No point to this post really, just wanted to say I have every sympathy x

That's shooting pain you describe. I get this too. It usually starts around 7-8 days before totm is due and lasts around 4-5 days. It's agony and really does take my breath away. If I'm mid conversation with someone it's like I start panting as it's exactly a stabbing sensation. It's so sore and also embarrassing. Because it happens the same time of my cycle I've always thought it was just totm... Now I'm thinking it may not be. I've only had it the last 2-3 years.... ( since I was sterilised )

I really hope you get it sorted. Xxx

Thank you both x It was the worst pain I have ever felt and that includes when I had gallstones that blocked and morphine couldn't get on top of it. It's like my whole pelvis is in agony. And it's always the exact same time every month for around the last 6 months or so. Weirdly totm isn't that painful at all and a couple of paracetamol are all I need. I ended up with pethidine and then morphine the other night. And I can't sit down when I have it I have to pace around. And I can't pee when it's sore either and weirdly it is always worse at night.They originally thought maybe a cyst had burst. GP today said hospital wait is around 6-8 weeks so have a prescription for pain relief for the next couple of months. Carrie I'd go get your symptoms checked out, can't do any harm. Sarah did you have a laparoscopy to diagnose the endometriosis?

Last fast of the week done. 3 bowls of homemade soup...and a kit kat :rolleyes: Weigh in tomorrow which will be for five fast days as didn't weigh last Saturday so hoping for a decent loss. Doing a shop tomorrow so going to get plenty of stuff in for soups, stews etc so I stop relying on convenience food. And going to choose some healthier treats...I've nearly finished all the leftover chocs and biscuits from Christmas :p

Last edited:
I did have a laparoscopy. We were trying to get pregnant when I was diagnosed. I'd had three ultrasounds that diagnosed my PCOS then they referred me for the lap. I used to get shooting pains going up my bits and down my thighs (I say used to because since I've been pregnant the symptoms have eased a lot). They said if they had time they would cut any endo out but there was too much to do there and then as the consultant had other procedures booked in so I was referred for a second keyhole surgery to have it removed. But then about 6 weeks after the first I found out I was pregnant. Apparently you're more fertile after having a lap.

Well done on the fast and good luck for WI x

Weigh in and 6.8lbs down so very happy with that. Nearly at my pre Christmas weight too.

Today's food

pic20150117222447.jpg

Granary toast with butter and jam for breakfast. Homemade scotch broth and two wholemeal finger rolls for lunch. Homemade pizza with salad and a baked potato with butter for dinner. And Saturday treat was a salted caramel muffin.

Fab loss, well done!! Gavin is so cute x

Back