Steps In The Right Direction...86.6lbs Lost Fasting

Fab diary! Here to subscribe :)

You have cheek bones as well! Where can I get me some of them there cheek bones? Don't think I've ever had any....

And look at that profile pic! You're real!

Always good to let people know every now and then I'm not a troll! Think I always had cheek bones but they were well padded..and all my chins tended to distract from them :p

I was just thinking the same, you're soooooo pretty. Well done on the loss this week x

Thank you Lexie x

That's an amazing loss and yay for foodie pics! Love the profile pic. Xxx

Thanks Carrie x Food pics keep me motivated!

Fab loss, well done!! Gavin is so cute x

Thanks sarah x Gavin really needs a trim as he looks a bit scruffy but it's too cold!

Fab diary! Here to subscribe :)

Thank you x

Last edited:
Thank you for visiting my thread. I did as you advised and read through my previous failed attempt at fasting (tbh I forgot I had a previous diary here!!!) and I read through the start of yours (sorry not as on-it as some members and couldn't make my way through the whole thing...yet!)

You truly are an inspiration.

In particular your relaxed attitude to the diet which has been distinctly lacking in my past attempts. I can't emulate this yet, although I will strive to because it makes your diet so sustainable, long term. But I can take baby steps towards that goal.

Thank you for the inspiration and keep going :)

Weigh in and 6.8lbs down so very happy with that. Nearly at my pre Christmas weight too.

Today's food

View attachment 163738

Granary toast with butter and jam for breakfast. Homemade scotch broth and two wholemeal finger rolls for lunch. Homemade pizza with salad and a baked potato with butter for dinner. And Saturday treat was a salted caramel muffin.

Well done on such a great loss - lovely food pics too!xx

Super loss.. Well done x

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins.com

Thank you for visiting my thread. I did as you advised and read through my previous failed attempt at fasting (tbh I forgot I had a previous diary here!!!) and I read through the start of yours (sorry not as on-it as some members and couldn't make my way through the whole thing...yet!)

You truly are an inspiration.

In particular your relaxed attitude to the diet which has been distinctly lacking in my past attempts. I can't emulate this yet, although I will strive to because it makes your diet so sustainable, long term. But I can take baby steps towards that goal.

Thank you for the inspiration and keep going :)

I really think I reached a point where I had to change my mindset with regard to losing weight. There's no point in being in a rush to lose weight for a certain date or occasion and only focussing on that...life goes on after that. What happens then? And I don't want to constantly be going up and down so I decided to look at it as a lifestyle. Which is why I am relaxed as there is no rush or pressure because it is an ongoing thing. I will fast to get to goal and I'll fast to maintain. There will be fluctuations...but that's normal. I also don't want to deprive myself daily while losing weight..I want to be living life right here and now and not when I reach some "ideal number". I've realised life won't suddenly be instantly magical and perfect just because the scales say a certain number. It really did take a lot of the angst out of losing weight when I realised it was just one part of me and started looking at me as a whole instead of obsessing over my weight.

Well done on such a great loss - lovely food pics too!xx

Thank you x How are you getting on? Have missed you these last few days :)

Super loss.. Well done x

Thank you. Did you enjoy your weekend? x

Today's food:

pic20150118202153.jpg

Porridge, blueberries and honey for breakfast. Sunday dinner was oven baked pork loin, mashed potatoes, cauliflower cheese, carrots and green beans. Snack of a vanilla latte and a twix. 3 sandwich thins with salad and stuffing (...I bought too much at Christmas!) And tonight I had a passion fruit Danio yogurt.

Fasting tomorrow and back working as well. Still from home so thankfully I don't need to brave the cold!

U look fab hun love ur pic n well done on ur loss :) if onli i were half as lucky lol do love reading ur duary n yaay to the fast day food piccies again thankuu :) xx

Steps In The Right Direction...88.2lbs Lost Fasting

UD for me today too I really enjoyed my weekend Thx. Managed to keep food low calorie until about 7pm Friday. Thoroughly enjoyed sat and Sunday food and drinks...Had a really good fast day yesterday so fingers crossed this week goes well for us all...

Enjoy your eating today x

Last edited:
U look fab hun love ur pic n well done on ur loss :) if onli i were half as lucky lol do love reading ur duary n yaay to the fast day food piccies again thankuu :) xx

Thank you x Good to see you back. Keep posting and with the support here you'll soon be getting the results you want x

UD for me today too  I really enjoyed my weekend Thx. Managed to keep food low calorie until about 7pm Friday. Thoroughly enjoyed sat and Sunday food and drinks...Had a really good fast day yesterday so fingers crossed this week goes well for us all...

Enjoy your eating today x

Glad you had a lovely weekend x

Cheese day is here!

And it has been eaten :D

Sometimes it feels like deja vu around here.

Anyway...today's food

pic20150120231352.jpg

Porridge, cinnamon and banana for breakfast. Salad and cheese sandwich with a gingerbread coffee for lunch. Pear, plum and satsuma for a snack, Breaded haddock, tartare sauce, new potatoes with chives and butter and carrots and green beans for dinner. 2 babybels for an evening snack. Fasting tomorrow :)

Fast went fine Wednesday. Just used some calories for milk for cups of tea and didn't eat...not the usual for me but I knew I was in one of those moods where if I started eating I wouldn't stop...so I didn't start!

Thursday's food:

pic20150123232721.jpg

Toast with butter and marmite for breakfast. 3 Tesco seeded sandwich thins with cheese, tomato, spinach and red pepper relish for lunch. Latte with a cherry bakewell nakd bar as a snack. Kipper fillet with new potatoes with butter and veg. Piece of blackberry and apple sponge. A danio yogurt to finish a hungry day.

Fasted today and used my calories on soup and a little milk for teas.

Weigh in tomorrow :)

Good luck for weigh in day. I wish I could approach your no nonsense attitude wee buns. Do you cal count at all on up days? I do t know if by obsessing about the numbers on updays I'm obsessing too much. Maybe If I wasn't to count on up days but ensure I had 3 healthy balanced meals it'd be alright? What do you think? I feel I need a wee change xxx

Good luck for weigh in day. I wish I could approach your no nonsense attitude wee buns. Do you cal count at all on up days? I do t know if by obsessing about the numbers on updays I'm obsessing too much. Maybe If I wasn't to count on up days but ensure I had 3 healthy balanced meals it'd be alright? What do you think? I feel I need a wee change xxx

I don't count on my UDs. For me I think it defeats the point of fasting. I don't want to be "on a diet" seven days a week and if I calorie count all the days I am. And then I feel pressure. I only really want to put in the effort the days I fast. I think it does make me more relaxed as I don't get so caught up in the numbers. My aim most UDs is 3 decent meals and a couple of snacks. Plus when I eat proper meals I don't tend to snack as much as I'm full...it's when I pick at things all day with no proper knife and fork meal that I have problems. I also think a lot of people give up with fasting as they don't eat enough on their UDs. Even if I eat 2500 calories on an UD...which is a very generous amount of food, that combined with my DDs @ 500 is 11,500 calories in a week which averages at 1643 a day...which is healthy for losing weight for my age/height etc You could give it a go with the 3 meals, 2 snacks thing and see if it works for you? I think I choose my food better when I do that rather than give myself free choice. I do think calorie counting can become obsessive...I have been guilty of it in the past...and it can get to the point where your mood can plummet just because you've gone over by something as small as 50 calories. And there is something liberating about not counting on UDs and just enjoying them without guilt. If any of that makes sense!! xx

Back