Steve54's Exante Total Solution Diary

Steve54

Hello All

I am Steve. I did a brief intro the other day but will quickly do another one.

I have just received my first order of exante. I was going to start on Monday but whats the point putting it off further.

I've always been bigger since leaving school at 18. My highest weight was just over 20 stone. At that point I reluctantly agreed to join Slimming World with my girlfriend Angela (she is starting too and will be posting on here as Tootsie1983).

I ended up really enjoying slimming world and got down to just under 14st in not long over a year. I lose track of how many slimmer of the weeks I won. But as we got further along we lost interest in it and old habits crept back in to our life.

So here I am about to start exante from tomorrow morning. I have just weighed in at 19st and .2 of a lb.

I will keep updating here as I go as I have enjoyed reading all of the threads on here and they have given me the motivation and tips to help with my journey.

Speak to you all soon

Cheers

Steve

Ok First taste of a shake done.

Chocolate. not too bad. Just had half and shared with Angela, so we can have some more tonight. I am going to have my bar for lunch and soup for dinner with the other half of the shake as I normally will want to eat more in the evenings

Question for you all

My tongue and mouth feel all dry and funny. I have been drinking water all morning, so I think I have enough fluids.

Is this normal on day1 ?

Hi there - just wanted to say hello and welcome to you both :)
I'm also doing this with my boyfriend, and I must admit, it's so much easier doing this with someone else to support you, so I'm sure you'll be off to a flying start :)
My boyfriend and I don't live together (we both live alone and see each other at weekends) but we both have the luxury of not needing to keep any food in the house, or to cook for anyone else either! I don't know if I'd cope if I had to sit there while he ate a take-away!

Anyway, onto your question...my mouth feels a bit like that the majority of the time, but I don't remember it happening as early as the first day... maybe someone else will remember...

Good luck with the rest of your first day, and your first week in general. The first few days are the worst, but it does get easier!!

Hiya Steve and welcome :D

It's great that you and your Mrs are doing this together :)
I get a furry Tongue after I've had my shakes, I just carry a toothbrush and toothpaste everywhere I go ;)
Hope your first day goes well

Clair xx

Thanks for the replies girls.

Furry mouth passed after lunchtime. The afternoon I felt a little delerious :)

I had the choc and raisin bar for my lunch 1/2 around 12.30 and remainder at 2ish.

Feel hungry but not so much that it is annoying me or making me want to give up.

Drank about 2ltrs of water so far.

Alex I forgot about food in the cupboards. I better go home and sort it out. The work are doing a charity collection at the moment for food parcels so I will see what I can donate to avoid temptation!!!

Morning All

So this is the start of Day 2

Day 1 was fine overall. I had the mushroom soup for dinner and had we had a wee hot chocolate before bed. The only downside was I was up 3 times in the night for a pee with all the water :)

Having the banana shake this morning and to be honest it tastes like porridge but I like porridge so thats ok.

We have a night out tonight, but its just drinks. I was planning on driving anyway as I need to take one of the cats to the vets in the morning so I can get away with just asking for water in the pub. Angela is going to say she has a sore head and stick to water too!!!

well done on getting past day 1 , keep it up and the weight will soon be dropping off :)
The peeing does settle down after the first week , as you loose up your carb store in the frst week , the water that the carbs clung to ( 4lb of water for each 1lb of glycogen store !!) is expelled , so you will be constantly peeing in the first week, then it settles :)
Keep up the good positivity and motivation and you will both do fantastic :)

Hey Steve
Just wanted to pop in and say hi and Good Luck :D Sure you'll do great having each other for support :) Good luck for WI x

Good Morning All

Start of day 3.

Day 2 was fine. We had a night out last night. We drank 1 glass of diet coke and then water all night. I was driving so didn't get questioned too much, Angela had to fake a sore head as her excuse!!! But we must have got asked 20 times why we werent drinking.

Did not get home until nearly 10 so did not have my soup. So went the whole day on a shake and a bar. I dont plan on making this a habit.

Will I be ok to have 2 soups today?

We have people round for dinner tonight so I am going to do some research on what we can/cant eat and try tailor the menu to this.

Right I am starving so I am off to have a shake to fill me up.

Cheers

Steve

p.s I took a cheeky wee step on the scales, i know its best to wait until the end of the week but I am sure you have all done it too. Anyway I have already dropped around 6lbs in just 2 days. wow

Start of Day 4.

Still feeling positive. Our shaker bottles arrived yesterday. We got the ones with the wee ball in from the supplement store after a recommendation on here so will give them a go this morning and save getting the blender dirt again.

We had a few things yesterday that were "normal food" but tried to keep it to a minimum and will be back on it today 100% TS.

Going to go for a nice walk around the shops. Its a bright and sunny day. I can try and pick out some clothes that will fit me in a few weeks/months time !!!!!!

Have a great weekend all.

Steve

Day 5

Yesterday was tough. Had it not been for Angela I would have cracked and had some solids I think.

Focussed again today though. Had my strawberry shake for brekkie and have my bar for lunch. Will try and not have it till after 2pm as we are getting new tyres on the car tonight so wont be straight home at 5.

Well done on staying strong Steve - I found it hard at around the same day in the first week, but you don't have long until your first weigh in now! Hopefully the result on the scales will make it all worthwhile! :)

How are you getting on with the shaker? I think we got ours from the same store you were talking about. I don't really have my shakes cold, so I haven't tried mine out, but my fella hasn't looked back since getting the shaker. He reckons it's loads easier than using the blender, and gets all the lumps out too.

Thanks Alex

Yeah that shaker bottle with the wee spring ball is amazing. Its better than my blender. Plus I can make 2 shakes at once and it gives my arms a wee work out when I am shaking them.

Steve

Best of luck Steve and Angela on your journey...as an ex LL I can only pass one comment about food..protein or fat wont knock you out unless you eat vast amounts watch for hidden carbs in sauces. The worst part is that it upsets your mind set and next day you are craving more of the same so you run the risk of going way offtrack. I had to entertain over the weekend. And while I didnt put up any weight this week I havent lost any either despite 6 good days and only one day on protein...so it was very dishartening this morning on the scales...and I am facing two other nites out I cant avoid this week...so more of the same..I am banking on 6 good days before I go on holiday to reach this months target.....best of luck Fireflii x

thanks firefli. I will do my best to abstain for as long as possible and remain 100% TS.

I know why we are doing it and we have various targets to aim for so I can keep focussed.

You've done amazingly well so far so I can take some inspiration from that!!!

The last few hours I have been in a daze. Dont know if its just tiredness, but I couldnt really focus on anything and felt strange.
I kept guzzling water trying to pick me up and it seems to have worked. Hopefully this does not happen all the time.

Hello All

Start of Day 6

Tried the vanilla shake today. I dont like coffee so did not try it with this added but Angela did and she loved it.
I thought the vanilla was ok, better than i expected. i had thought it would be awful. Again I think it tastes like porridge as do the others.

Had the tomato and basil soup for tea last night.

One thing I have noticed about exante. We have 2 cats. And they eat pouches. So everytime I am in the kitchen getting shakes or soup out the cats are thinking its dinner time for them :)

Anyway its the final day of week1 tomorrow so I am looking forward to the WI. I popped on scales again today and I have dropped another couple of pounds.

I am currently at 18st 4.4lbs. I started at 19st 0.2lbs.

Start of Day 7

Still feeling up for it. It has been easier than I thought so fingers crossed will keep this up. We have enough supplies in the cupboard for a month and a half and we will be ordering more in 4 days. That will give us a full 2 months worth (including this week).

I have been thinking about food a lot. Every type imaginable. Even stuff I wouldnt normally eat or like. But Angela keeps on at me whenever I mention it.

I plan to have a small meal at the weekend. Angela is away for a couple of nights with her sister and left on my own there is a big chance I will cheat. I know I am only cheating myself. So I need to stay focussed. But I plan to have a steak and some prawns on saturday night.

I spent ages looking at the big before and after thread yesterday and that helped give me some motivation. I have my own before and after photo's from when I lost weight before so I do look at my skinny pics from time to time which gives me a boost knowing that I can do it.

I dont know if this will work but I will try and link the images here just now

P220809_1336.jpg

P211109_1018.jpg

Bear in mind from the skinny photo I have put on about 5 stone again so I am a little smaller than the fat one but not by much ha ha
Anyway onwards and upwards. Its weigh in tonight so will update this later on with how I have done.

Have a good day everyone.

Back