sticking to this plan 100% no excuses and no cheating

MissBlueEyes

as the title says 100|% and below I'm going to list all the things that have made it hard for me to stick to the plan so that I can show what I have over come each day. They can be small or large but I think celebrating the hurdles that we achieve as well as the weight loss is a good ideal. everyone is welcome to join in on this thread.

Hi, do you want to buddy up? Have done Vlcd before successfully, pregnancy upset the apple cart and I need to get serious about weight loss again.
I want to lose 2.5 stone initially, then maintain for a while then try and lose the next 2.5 stone. I know when I was 100% b4 I lost 20lb in the first month and 40lb over 10 weeks.

I have a 4week box from S&S winging its way to me now. Need to get some mint tea and bouillon in and get stuck in for the next month.

Hiya Angie,

Yes id love a buddy during this weight loss journey. Are you going to re feed while you maintain after the first 2.5 stone??

I'm just taking each day at a time as it is a hard diet but I think the fact my back hurts from the amount of weight I'm carrying is keeping me on track.

My slim and save came today so I've more flavours to choose from :).

Oh and day 2 successfully completed :)

I am intending to do the refeed and then maintain for a few months/ to the end of the year. I find the sudden weight loss is very motivating but a bit startling to myself and others. When I've lost weight before I've never given myself credit for losing 2-3 stone, because I have had 5-6 stone to lose. It's never felt like I've really lost the weight.
I might find that once I get half way (after2.5) that I want to keep going, but what helped me decide to do sns again is that I want to get down to 14 stone again, which looks okay on my tall/broad frame. Thought to myself, even if I'm 14 stone by next Christmas I will be happy, then I can concentrate on the next 2 stone. What I don't want to do is lose a pile, then pile it back on. Coming on minimins I am hoping to keep myself accountable.

I am intending to do the refeed and then maintain for a few months/ to the end of the year. I find the sudden weight loss is very motivating but a bit startling to myself and others. When I've lost weight before I've never given myself credit for losing 2-3 stone, because I have had 5-6 stone to lose. It's never felt like I've really lost the weight.
I might find that once I get half way (after2.5) that I want to keep going, but what helped me decide to do sns again is that I want to get down to 14 stone again, which looks okay on my tall/broad frame. Thought to myself, even if I'm 14 stone by next Christmas I will be happy, then I can concentrate on the next 2 stone. What I don't want to do is lose a pile, then pile it back on. Coming on minimins I am hoping to keep myself accountable.

I agree with the accountability of coming on here, this too works for me. I have about the same amount to lose as you so will happily be there through the good n bad days (hopefully mostly good ones).

I've got 2 week supply of slim and save here they are all milk shakes and I've ordered a 2 week supply of exante as it has pancakes and sausage. I figured I can do two weeks on one and two weeks on the other, both very low calorie diets and it will help me not get bored. So that's me committed to the vlcd for a month as I won't waste the products lol.

Slimdom here we come........

Pooh, might have to look up exante. Not tried their products for years. Didn't get on with their bars, but liked the Thai soup they used to do.

I'm happy to come on daily for 4 weeks. I want to get my head in the right space and not faff around.

Pooh, just looked up exante....wow they have really expanded their range.

Anyway. Off to work for me, first day back for 2.5 weeks. Oh I'm not looking forward to 100 emails

Exante do pancakes so thought it would help make a change.

Yes vlcd for me no messing about this is the longest I have managed for a while.
The weight is hurting my back which I haven't had for over 20 years so I'm here for the long haul. Hopefully around 5-6 months I need to do this diet for.

Well today I had the cafe latte as a warm drink it was pleasant. I've got strawberry in my bag with my shaker and water traveling to university with me today.

I have looked on the scales they are dropping slowly.

Excellent! Well I'm getting into it again, my package came today so I jumped straight in. I tend to halve my packs to give myself something to taste. I had mint tea until midday then half a chilli pack, half a praline bar and half a mint shake. Now for tea I've just had the chilli with a bit of quorn and veg and I'll have half the praline and shake for later. I remember the drill, as I get into it I tend to leave having the packs as late as poss as I like something to eat later in the evening. Since my last attempt a Vlcd I've discovered I really like tesco's cheapest mint tea, so I can have that by the bucket!!
Anyway onward and downward

Excellent! Well I'm getting into it again, my package came today so I jumped straight in. I tend to halve my packs to give myself something to taste. I had mint tea until midday then half a chilli pack, half a praline bar and half a mint shake. Now for tea I've just had the chilli with a bit of quorn and veg and I'll have half the praline and shake for later. I remember the drill, as I get into it I tend to leave having the packs as late as poss as I like something to eat later in the evening. Since my last attempt a Vlcd I've discovered I really like tesco's cheapest mint tea, so I can have that by the bucket!!
Anyway onward and downward

Hiya sounds like you have got your routine sorted with what works best for you :). It's good to be in a routine as it makes the journey so much easier.

Today is a write an essay day that's due in tomorrow, I don't have the time to write it until later this evening so that will keep me busy lol.

I also bought 2 exante sachets off eBay that you make into pancakes. They arrived today so my tea tonight will be a blueberry pancake.

I also bought a brita water bottle so that I keep my fluid levels up while I'm out and about :). I have to say so far it's not been a struggle yet, but I think this could be due to the fact I've not been this fat for a very long time and it's making me stick to it.

Anyway time to go wash my hair and clean the house, oh the joys

Let us know about the exante products. Sounds lovely to be able to have non-cheat Vlcd choices as options

Let us know about the exante products. Sounds lovely to be able to have non-cheat Vlcd choices as options

The 2 ex ante pancake sachets I ordered off eBay came and I made the pancakes for my tea. I have to say it was lovely eating something instead of drinking all the time and I felt really stuffed up once I had eaten them. Oh and the bonus that they taste lovely too helped :).

Sounds good!
I had a good day. 3 sns some quorn, some milk in my coffee. Blinding headache, so know I'm on the way to ketosis. Haven't woken up with dragon breath yet though, so have that joy to come =)

Are you allowed to have quorn while on sns? I don't have milk in my coffee while I'm on the diet.

Well I've completed another day and feeling rather full and content.

Yep, quorn is one of their plans, and milk within an allowance, it's on their website, I'm using their meal planning app

Yep, quorn is one of their plans, and milk within an allowance, it's on their website, I'm using their meal planning app

Oh right that's pretty cool I'd not seen that. I've always been used to doing Cambridge sole source where you just have your packs. I'm not missing a having milk though as I needed to cut down on the amount of coffee I drink anyway.

Well I've just had a lovely warm cafe latte and pretended that it was my Costa that I've been missing lol. Feel full up and ready to take on the weekend. :)

Weigh in day on Monday so shall look forward to seeing a smaller number on the scales :). Got on the scales this morning and I've lost a good amount of weight so far which will keep me going during the weekend.

Picking up my 2 week box of exante diet today which includes some bars, will be nice to be able to chew something. I've been enjoying an exante diet pancake for my tea the last 2 days as well, so will stock up on some more of these. So I should have around a months supply of vlcd products in my house, don't want to run out :).

How have you found your week? And do you have any major hurdles coming up next week?

Hi, it's going okay at the moment,

Well weekends are usually my problem, especially not eating with my family when they are having treats, but we did go to a cafe today and I just had a coffee and I forgo my usual treat. And that went okay.

So if I can do it once, I can do it again. i have been to cafes twice in 2 days, watched others eat and just had a drink instead. I thought I wouldn't be able to do it without feeling really hard done by, but I found just drinking was enough to feel involved.

I know I'm in ketosis I'm not hungry and I can forgo treats. I even made myself not have a bar early in the day, twice today because I know I will want to eat one slowly throughout this evening, so I will save it for later.
Forgoing pleasure and deferring it to later is not one of my strong points, so feel vaguely impressed I had some self control!

I also read the s&s booklet on their site and it was talking about needing to have a strong mind and a strong will to do the plan and get into and stay in ketosis. It's helped to focus my mind *

That and I know that doing this for 3 days is good, and doing it for 6 weeks and losing over a stone is great but not getting complacent has always been my problem,
the last time I did this seriously, it took over 20 weeks, so at the moment I realise that if I actually want to get in a normal range I need to concentrate on this for the next 5-6 months & do the refeed properly.

When I lost it before I fell pregnant did quite well, but put on loads during the very stressful first year of motherhood, so I didn't refeed.

I don't want to look to far ahead, but I am committed to doing this now, at least 140 days of trying to manage my eating with a Vlcd. So far so good, but aware I have 137 days of this journey left =)

Hi, it's going okay at the moment,

Well weekends are usually my problem, especially not eating with my family when they are having treats, but we did go to a cafe today and I just had a coffee and I forgo my usual treat. And that went okay.

So if I can do it once, I can do it again. i have been to cafes twice in 2 days, watched others eat and just had a drink instead. I thought I wouldn't be able to do it without feeling really hard done by, but I found just drinking was enough to feel involved.

I know I'm in ketosis I'm not hungry and I can forgo treats. I even made myself not have a bar early in the day, twice today because I know I will want to eat one slowly throughout this evening, so I will save it for later.
Forgoing pleasure and deferring it to later is not one of my strong points, so feel vaguely impressed I had some self control!

I also read the s&s booklet on their site and it was talking about needing to have a strong mind and a strong will to do the plan and get into and stay in ketosis. It's helped to focus my mind *

That and I know that doing this for 3 days is good, and doing it for 6 weeks and losing over a stone is great but not getting complacent has always been my problem,
the last time I did this seriously, it took over 20 weeks, so at the moment I realise that if I actually want to get in a normal range I need to concentrate on this for the next 5-6 months & do the refeed properly.

When I lost it before I fell pregnant did quite well, but put on loads during the very stressful first year of motherhood, so I didn't refeed.

I don't want to look to far ahead, but I am committed to doing this now, at least 140 days of trying to manage my eating with a Vlcd. So far so good, but aware I have 137 days of this journey left =)

Well done for going in cafes and resisting, that's real good going and does take a lot of will power. I think until we get used to just having our packs it's going to be a battle of the wills. I'm hoping to lose 6 stone so I shall be here for a long time. But I'm not looking at the long haul, it's easier to just concentrate on one day at a time. 140 days may seem like a long time but they will whiz by so fast and you'll be so much lighter. Do you have your slim clothes or did you get rid of it?

Today was a good day, scales had dropped and I've stuck to the plan, not sure how much water I'm drinking but it's quite a bit, as I've been filling up my Brita fill and go bottle lots. I also had my first bar today which made a pleasant change being able to chew.

Yay my first weigh in this morning and ive lost 8lbs this week, very happy and excited to continue for another week

I going to weigh tomorrow. Am hoping for a good loss

Back