Sticky's Weight Loss & Exercise Diary

I will succeed!!!
[No idea of how to keep a diary/food diary as never done one before...so bear with me!]

Dear diary -

This is the first time I have kept a weight loss diary - or any kind of diary - which seems a shame now because I think I think this would have been a good thing to do sooner. But better late than never :)

So far I have lost 23lbs on SW and feeling so much better for it. Ideally I would like to lose another 10-14lbs to get back to my pre-weight gain weight and size, but going to take it week at a time now (and with that loss at a time I hope) and stop when I feel I have hit a weight I am happy with, but more importantly that is healthy and maintainable. Plus, my boobs are a lot bigger than they were and haven't shrunk during the weight loss so to get to pre-gain weight will result in me being totally out of proportion!

It's not been easy and I really don't want to go back to how I was a few months ago because I've finally began to feel confidence in myself growing after having very little. I don't want to undo all my hard work - I don't think I can face doing this again after getting where I am today.

The past weeks have been the hardest. I've been having stomach issues and the doctor has, after weeks of testing for other things, diagnosed me with stress induced IBS so having to slowly adapt my diet to help with that which hasn't been easy as I eat a lot of fruit. I also need to toughen up to stop me feeling too stressed to help it too - I am either overly sensitive to things or bottle them up and neither is good. But I know that it's not easy to change a fundamental part of who you are and that it will take time, so until then bear with me!

However, this week at WI I finally had a good result - 2lbs loss, Club 10 and SotW!!! It was what I needed - I was feeling low having STS recently despite best efforts on the plan.

I'd like to lose at least 1lb this week, 2lbs ideally. But I had a bit of a blow out last night and had unknown synnage. But, I knew what I was doing and I did it by choice, so not going to beat self up about it. Instead I am going to just make up for it until WI this week and do some further damage control next week incase it lurks to get me later lol.

I need to get to T soon though so I can get some new clothes. I am between sizes again and it's either baggy pants or muffin tops atm! Neither is sexy!

Speak soon -
Christina xxx

Last edited:
Hi Christina, welcome to diary world! Hope the IBS gets sorted quickly as it must be hard to stick to plan. Can relate to the stress bit though, I always feel sick when stressed.

You've done really well so far, well done on Club 10 and SOTW. I see you are in healthy BMI range now so it may take a little longer to shift those last stubborn pounds and you may rethink your target on the way.
Good luck and keep writing!!

Congratulations on your weight loss this week and for being SoTW, that's always a good feeling. Don't worry about your blow-out last night, I had one too, but like you I knew what I was doing, its when we don't know what we're doing that we start to have problems. You've done really brilliantly so far, enjoy the clothes shopping!

Thanks you guys :)

Dear Diary -

Well, it's WI day tomorrow and so far this week has been good. I had my 'night off' on Thursday and didn blow the syns beyond recognition. I also started star week over the weekend, so I was naughty this morning and had a sneaky WI at home which I KNOW was bad of me and I don't usually do it, but I wanted to see how the week was panning out as was worried. Though it is the morning, and so I would be lighter than at WI time, the scales looked really good so hopefully I've made up for my night off and will get a loss, or STS :).

I am feeling happier this week than I have in a long time, but still got some body issues. I went shopping on Saturday and had a 'fat day' and came home with the trousers and top standard and not a dress as hoped. But I'm not going to feel too down - if anything it's spurring me on to keep going :)

I'll write tomorrow after WI and let you know how I get on xx

Thanks Madferret for the message yesterday. I'm enjoying reading the diaries and going to try reply to others more as they're really inspirational and honest :)

Dear Diary -

Well, I implemented another step to help me hit target last night - I went to the gym! I used to go a lot until we moved out of the town and time was less flexible, but I do work out at home. I'd always planned to change my exercise regime at T to help tone my body more once weight was gone, but I'm expecting the last lbs to be hardest to move so no time like the present!

I did a 2km jlg/run to warm up and then 20mins on the cross trainer before 10 minutes on the stepper. I then did 200 sit ups (ouch!). I didn't want to overdo it this first few days because I don't want to do self damage, so will be increasing time/effort more and more over the next week or so. Planning to go after WI tonight at 7pm too (watch this space).

I hope WI goes well tonight. My cheeky sneaky WI at home looked good but you never know - body weight can change a lot in a few hours so won't go assuming I've lost incase I've not. I've been good though, apart from Thursday night, so hopefully it'll be positive. I'd like to get my 2stone before Christmas and am 5lbs off.

Speak soon
Christina x

Dear Diary -

Well, few mixed feelings about WI last night. First of all, I only lost 1/2lb and had wanted at least 1lb loss. I had my 'night off' on Thursday, but since I've been uber good to compensate. It's been star week too, but it doesn't generally bother me so I guess it's just Thursday catching me up. I'm not too bothered - it's a loss and that makes 3.5lbs total and 1 STS in last 4 WIs which isn't bad as not far off target now really. Plus, hopefully my good efforts this week will help get a better loss niext week.

We did Slinky Slimmer of the Year last night which was fun! The lady who got our group SOTY won it which was lovely as she's such a nice lass and lost 7stone - so it's deserved! I was even more made up when one of the ladies said her and 3 others had voted for me and I should I won it and that I 'really lovely and pretty' - I don't mind not winning, but it made my day to know people at group considered me at all! And to be called pretty nearly made me cry as don't have much confidence in myself that way. So, though the 1/2lb loss wasn't what I'd wanted, I think I came out feeling like I'd hit T anyway :D

It's giving me the boost to work hard this week too - so gym again tonight and uber good week. The only bad thing is I'm away this weekend for my best mate's bday bash so will be drinking. Planned to have a weekend off if I got a good loss this week, but not going to now. Will take food with me and stick to food SW and stay within syns driniking. Will have G&Ts and have them and water every other drink. Hopefully it'll mean I can have fun and not blow SW this week.

Woo!

Christina xx

well done on your half pound loss and for upping the exercise. You're moving in the right direction and you will get there soon. It's my WI tonight and i'd love to lose half a pound but have a sneaky suspicion i've gained due to one evening off plan.

Keep up the good work, fingers crossed you'll get your 2 stone award by xmas:)

Dear Diary -

Well, I went to the gym last night - second time this week :) . Managed to do 20minutes running, 20minutes on the X-Trainor and 10 minutes cycling. Went to do some sit ups but couldn't - still too achy from Monday. Managed 30 before gave up lol.

Going to go tonight again as can't make it again until Monday. Not going to do any sit ups again - best waiting until Monday to give them time to forgive me ;)

Got to get organised before I go away on Saturday for the night. My friend wants to go to Pizza Express for dinner, so planning on having pasta or salad and do best I can. Will check FD for some inspriation. Going to have to just be careful and taking food for the other meals/on train. I don't want to not lose this week!

Will write again soon,
Christina

Thanks Fern and Madferret xoxox

Dear Diary -

Home from Manchester and had a fab time. In the end I decided that instead of worrying the whole time about SW, I may as well enjoy the time away and fix anything afterwards. Luckily we went to a really nice Tapas place which was weirdly, Italian! LOL! So though I didn't worry too much at the time, looking back I made the better choices with food and drink. I went over syns...no doubting that, but I didn't go too OTT.

I'm not sure we will have a WI tomorrow - the venue for group is in Cockermouth town and though it wasn't flooded, my C lives out of town so it'll depend on if she can get to us. If not I'll do a WI at home but not count it so to speak.

The sports centre is open again so going to the gym later as going to town anyway to drop some stuff off. So though I may actually feel like I am going to die (very tired) I will do something good :)

Christina xx

Dear Diary -

Well, I went to the gym last night, though only managed 30minutes of cardio. I was tired and just didn't have the energy, but I did my best.

WI tonight and not sure what to expect. I was good Weds-Saturday morning, but then arrived at my friend's and decided to enjoy it, so Saturday and Sunday were off plan. Having said that I didn't eat that badly, but I did have a few drinks and it's the drinks that get me (which is why I hardly drink). I've been on plan since Sunday afternoon again but to be honest, not eaten that much. Just didn't have much appetite yesterday and this morning.

So...no idea what to expect! Given I wasn't 100% on plan, I won't be surprised by a gain or a STS, but hopefully I was on plan enough to limit this. I'd be happy with STS so any loss would be amazing. But won't hold breath!

I know this could catch me out next week so on it 100% this week. Have a party Friday night, but I'll drive and will avoid the buffet. I'll just have a massive dinner before we leave and fill up.

I'm feeling better in myself than I was a few weeks ago, and fundamentally that's more important than what the scales say :)

Speak soon,
Christina

Dear Diary -

WI was good last night - STS which was good given I've not been on plan 100%. Knowing it can catch me, already planned this week out and will be on plan and exercising to try limit any late arrivals lol.

Group was weird though - it's not a big group by any stretch anyway. I'd say maybe 60 people come through the doors (perhaps a few more) and about 30-40 stay. There were only 8 of us last night - it seems that a lot of my group live in the flooded areas. The regional manager attended to give support and it was a weird feeling. The traffic was horrendous because of bridges (or lack thereof) so I got there later than usual and missed some of the chat before group, but it sounds like everyone was feeling a little low. But also by the sounds of it everyone there has done something to help out too - which was really nice.

You cannot knock the spirit here atm - it's nice to see.

So...it's onwards and upwards. Here's to a good week!

Christina xx

Yesterday was going great. I'd planned an EE day and it was all fab - had a good breakfast, lunch and dinner...but then I just sort of went a bit mental. Ate a box of those little sticks dipped in chocolate (the new ones with the adverts in an office - Mikado?) and some bread (the 6syns a slice type) and THEN a few Oreos. WTF? Why? I feel poo today now.

Argh!

Got a party on Friday and Saturday this week so going to have to be very strong and well behaved now. I don't want to gain this week and I need to get myself sorted, especially as was away at weekend.

So plenty of water, speed foods and more exercise for me until WI.

xxx

Back