Stig's Dukan adventure

stig

Day 2 Attack
Hello everybody,

Well after an appalling 7 years of trying to get back to a size ten I have started the Dukan diet for the first time ! I have tried almost every diet going especially Weight Watchers and Slim Fast both in the past have bought me great results but not in the last seven years. So now I am at my peak weight since I was pregnant. Any way not saying I am easily led but I met this woman at the weekend, no not that way ! She had lost 3 stone in a short time on the Dukan diet and as soon as the shops opened on Monday I was there got the book, read what I needed to know, got the foods to get me started and yesterday was my day one Attack. I guess you could say I never take the easy route being a vegetarian I know this is going to be a tad hard. Joodle's diary has been a great help thank you and a great laugh into the bargain, what a girl. Forget 50 Shades of Gray, bring on Joodles adventures.
So sorry I do go on, yesterday went well and again today. Lost 2lbs overnight, up twice after all that water. Any help what I can eat on Attack as a veggie much appreciated , I am no cook but know where the kitchen is as that was where all the fat foods used to be. I think I am under eating which is a first for me but I am a bit stuck to know what to eat.

Breakfast 0% fat yogurt and the bran
Lunch Eggs with garlic, onion ,was not too sure if those two are allowed yet! Quark and pepper
Dinner Tofu garlic, onion, creme fraiche, Quark and curry powder
Loads of water

Am I aloud Quorn yet? I plan to stay on Attack until Saturday or Sunday.

Looking forward to reading all your diaries.

Welcome Stig, nice to meet you :D

Garlic and onions are fine in attack - as garnishes rather than veggies, so don't eat too many.

I believe Quorn is fine for non-meat eaters but, as you say, Joodle is the expert.

Enjoy your journey; Cruise will be much easier for you when you get there.

P x

Thank you Paulinegin. I think I am probably eating too many onions and garlic. I confess I have had three onions today and yesterday, whoops. Cannot believe I am not hungry.
Stig

Hi Stig,

Quiche is an easy option to make considering you eat eggs and you could always add some quorn slices to add more taste.

Do you eat fish too?

hey stig! ur rite u dont do things the easy way, veggie dukan!! thats a big task!! very brave but im sure you will manage it, egg whites are so gonna be your best friend!!! oatbran pizza will be good for you too!! and just so you know its delish xxx

Hi Stig and welcome!

I keep forgetting about tofu, really need to get some in the next shop as it will be nice for a change! :)x

Wow, thank you so much for the replies and the food ideas. I will have a look at the quiche and pizza tomorrow. I definitely want to try the muffins. Do I just use food flavouring from a regular shop like Tesco/Asda ? Charly that link was really useful, thank you. I think I will be a size ten by next week as I am reading all your diaries and will have no time for food, you are all inspiring me so much.
I do sort of eat fish, no laughing but usually it has to be in bread crumbs and must not look like a fish. I eat canned tuna. I have bought some fish that is smoked but I am too sacred to eat it. I stood in Waitrose yesterday staring at the fish at the fish counter trying to buck up the courage to buy some but it was a step too far it looked too fishy,so my fish is frozen, no bread crumbs. Any way that is it for me Thank you so much Stig

Alot of people have a problem with fish lol!

I have eaten Salmon, prawns and squid whilst on Dukan but, I usually have to be in the mood.

Maybe use the smoked fish to make some fishcakes? I'm sure there will be a thread on here in the recipe section somewhere :)

I made Tuna patties which weren't half bad and they're very easy to make.

Day 3 Attack
Fish cakes, brilliant good idea. Thank you.

House to myself, going to have a good read of diaries and recipes, them go into town and buy some food. I will have breakfast first but I think I need to save the bran for some muffins. Getting very excited about eating them not making them as it seems they can be bit tricky at first.
Well day 3 and things are going well, I have not been hungry once. Drinking water as usual is my problem but have had the required quantity each day, could you imagine doing this diet 30 years ago when there were not so many pubic toilets. I took my mum for a xray yesterday and my husband said whilst I was there I should ask for a bedpan, for when I am in need in the car ! I have not felt sick or had a headache yet, hopefully I might get away with it.
I have seen some wonderful trousers/shorts cannot think of the word in Debs but they are tight, I am worried that they will sell out before I go on holiday next month but do not want to by them tight and not loose the weight. I can loose a stone and sometimes my jeans do not feel any looser just a bit less of a muffin top.
I have weight myself this morning but have decided I am not going to put my results down until next Tuesday (I did put yesterdays weigh in on profile).
Have a great day all be good, food wise !!! Going to enjoy your diaries now.

So so excited have been shopping and in the oven , do not tell my husband or son , Lemon cheesecake, please tell me I am allowed extract and essence. I have had my paws in the mix before it cooked and I tell you I could live on the stuff (the filling). Not sure how I have missed quark in the past, I love it.
Also I have been very naughty I bought another dress, it was in the sale and might not be there in 4 weeks when I have lost enough weight to see the difference; ok I hope to see the difference ! It does fit but needs a few and a few more pounds to look great. I got some fresh fish today, gee I was brave, I asked the lady at the fish counter which was a good fish to start with and she showed me and I have got some ready for tonight. Will let you know if the cats have got a good meal tonight.

Day 3 Attack
break yogurt
lunch Tofu garlic Quark Onion
Dinner Lemon cheesecake yummy yummy scummy I want more and more and yes I did it cod, onions, garlic and Quark.

Still not feeling sick, no headache.

Showed husband dress he likes it, didn't show him it on he might not like it. Son has just gone to his first night at Air Cadets hope he is enjoying it ! Feels weird him being out so late without one of us or being at a friends. Looking forward to seeing him in his uniform when he gets it.

i kno how nice is quark, always dismissed it before on the other diets thought it sounded rank, lol sounded!! how can something sound rank? i had never even seen it! tried it on this diet and i love it, haven't braced a cheese cake yet ... am going to now though! x

Thanks alottolose.
Charly I know hat you mean Quark does not conjure up a nice picture. I heard someone say on the radio yesterday that as soon as they hear the word cashmere they feel all soft and cuddly. Even knowing that I love Quark when hearing the name I do not feel nice and warm towards it! Now chocolate conjures up a warm feeling !
Day 4 Attack
I just live this diet, whoops I mean love, that must have been a Freudian slip !
I have achieved more since Tuesday than I did all last year and up until Tuesday. I just wish I had started it earlier and I might have been a beach babe this summer, ok I might need a mask but hey it is what it is.
Today I going to try and get on with some sewing but I know in my heart I am going to read some more diaries !
My son got back from Air Cadets last night, I was so excited with 100 questions to ask him but he just looked at me and said I am going to bed , my husband said he was falling asleep in the car on the way home, ahhh. He is now off to school, less than a week to go yippee. Even though he is a teenager we get up to fun. Time for breakfast yogurt, saving a lemon cheese cake for later, perhaps when I am dressed, that will be about midday if I get stuck into this.

Hi Stig (my spell checker wants to change that to Drug, ha!), have just caught up with your diary. Well done on a great start!

Totally hear you on the fish front, it's been a challenge but I'm getting used to it. Do you like seafood? I find prawns and squid a bit easier and so quick to cook.

There's also something about lentils if you're veggie, although I've avoided this as I'm eating fish.

Quorn seems to be fine although I'm a little cautious with it and check labels carefully as fat content can really vary. TVP is a great cheap and quick protein and I'm a huge fan of seitan. Mmm, dodgy looking tins of mock duck from the Asian supermarkets, love it!

Glad to have another meat-free bod here, we'll keep each other right! I had a massive fail with the cheesecake (rubbery as a squash ball) - what was your recipe?

Keep up the good work, looking forward to rearing more!
Jx

Hi Stig (my spell checker wants to change that to Drug, ha!), have just caught up with your diary. Well done on a great start!

Totally hear you on the fish front, it's been a challenge but I'm getting used to it. Do you like seafood? I find prawns and squid a bit easier and so quick to cook.

There's also something about lentils if you're veggie, although I've avoided this as I'm eating fish.

Quorn seems to be fine although I'm a little cautious with it and check labels carefully as fat content can really vary. TVP is a great cheap and quick protein and I'm a huge fan of seitan. Mmm, dodgy looking tins of mock duck from the Asian supermarkets, love it!

Glad to have another meat-free bod here, we'll keep each other right! I had a massive fail with the cheesecake (rubbery as a squash ball) - what was your recipe?

Keep up the good work, looking forward to reading more!
Jx

Hi this was the recipe I used http://www.minimins.com/dukan-recipes/273020-cheesecake.html. Have to say I ate mine within 10 minutes out of oven, felt one today and it does feel like a squash ball, hope it does not taste like one.
Never been into seafood, it looks like it should come from another planet. I have not been brave enough to eat Quorn with the diet, I am still on Attack.
Yes, not many veggies on here but I don't think it will be so hard as we do eat some fish. You are so close to Goal you must feel fab. I would love to be slim one summer, definitely aiming to be able to be slim this winter. Be good.
Drug, Stig gosh I hope that is not an omen and I turn into a druggie. Mind I am addicted to Quark........

My excitement here might be short lived oh I hope not. I have just been to Waitrose and found some chocolate extract but now and at home with reading glasses I see it has alcohol in. Fingers crossed and I promise not to have any until I am off attack.
Done my walk but am a bit of a cheat, I have 3 dogs so I walk anyway; perhaps I could walk faster.
b Yogurt
S lemon cheesecake
L Tofu garlic and onion and curry powder Quark
D Cod garlic Onion Quark and ?

Hi Stig

I've used that chocolate extract and found it very disappointing - the smell is better than the taste!!

P x

Back