Still here!

Quick question IWGT - when did you start feeling comfortable doing spinning? With this being a VLCD I'm worried about overextending myself too soon - got my 2nd week weigh in tonight and could ask my LLC but figured as you've got the spinning buzz you'd be more of an expert!

Hi AJB. Started about 5 weeks ago. Started doing 2 classes a week and have built it up to 5 a week now. Also doing Abs class (Havent quite found my abs yet but im sure they are just buried below all my fat lol) and a body pump class. Have never had this amount of energy in my life before. Have to be honest - when im on the bike i have never felt light headed or dizzy. Just make sure you work at your own pace and drink plenty of water as you do it. Its not for everyone but im totally hooked :D

it's a room full of exercise bikes and you have an instructor who takes you through various levels (usually to fubky music). It's good fun and you can take it at your own pace for the the most part. Plus it's low impact, and i've made some good friends in my class. If you've not done much exercise before it's a great thing to do. You'll soon be addicted!

I used to love spinning - would be great to get back into it. Totally agree that it is addictive - why else would I get up to do a class on a Sunday morning otherwise! Loved body pump too - wish I'd never stopped going :( then I wouldn't be in the state I am today :(

Looking forward to being back up to speed - IWGT you're my inspiration!

Exercise while on LL is fine, so long as you listen to your body and don't push yourself.

I started with a slow jog a couple of times a week, then upped that to biking and running most days, started doing some light weigh work, and added more over time. Now, I'm in the gym every day for at least 90 minutes, doing high level weightlifting and cardio; the difference in my strength and fitness level is noticable even on only 500 calories a day, and even pushing myself as hard as I do I've never felt ill while combining LL with exercise.

So get out there to spinning classes, or the gym, or whatever interests you; just be warned, it gets addictive! :D

Wow who'd have thought on a VLCD you'd be able to do that much? I'm feeling a bit low today - can't seem to muster up the energy to even get off the sofa. Just focusing on sticking to my packs, drinking the water and not lapsing!

Hi BL -yea Rachel is right. Havent you got bad knees? It would be good for you because you are running on them. If part of the class is to be standing on the bike and you dont feel comfortable - then you stay seated and as long as your legs keep moving then thats fine. Def recommend you get it a go.

Pete am definately with you on the exercise getting addictive. I used to struggle getting myself of the sofa and these days I just dont seem to be able to put my bum on the sofa. Cant sit at peace for 2 mins.

Aaaaaaaw AJB thank you so much for saying im your inspiration. Means a lot. Im still a newby too though and learning from the pros on here :D

Whadda ya mean - pros !!!!!
Love the avatar pic by the way.Nice to see who you're talking to.
You are doing really well IWGT.

Thanks BL. Was with your help I got the pic on. I just couldnt do it- dumb blonde lol.

By pros I mean experts. You all do sooooo well all the time and keep all the new ones motivated and you's are always on hand with help and advice when needed. Keep saying I am getting addicted to exercise but think im quite addicted to this site too :D

Wow who'd have thought on a VLCD you'd be able to do that much?

To be honest, I think most of the "on a VLCD" stuff is in our heads. Our body has all the energy it needs (and more!) from our excess bodyfat, and while burning it in Ketosis does not provide the more "instant" type of energy that a lot of f**d does, our bodies are fully capable of dealing with whatever we throw at them. Plus, once you start doing it your body very quickly gets used to the upped physical effort.

The hardest part is starting; that first few weeks can feel a bit gruelling, but it actually gets fun (and I never thought I'd say that about exercise! :D )

By pros I mean experts. You all do sooooo well all the time and keep all the new ones motivated and you's are always on hand with help and advice when needed. Keep saying I am getting addicted to exercise but think im quite addicted to this site too :D[/QUOTE]

You are so right! I love reading and looking at all the pictures of these fab people who have become our inspirations and something to aspire too.

Totally with you on that one Linda. I never tire of chattinand looking at the pics. Sometimes i just pick one person and read their diary from start to finish.

OMG did you read Blonde Logic's. I think I went thru every emotion with her lol. I read her entire diary in one go. Was there for hours and hours and then some lol. At one stage i was lying on my bed sobbing. Soooooooo emotional and I feel so priviledged that these people wear their hearts on their sleeves for us all to read and learn from

I haven't read BlondeLogic's yet, I will now though. I just think that when you read some of the diarys and you know thathas been you at some stage you know you are not the only person with fat issues and you are not the only person with what seem like such a huge wall to climb.

To be honest, I think most of the "on a VLCD" stuff is in our heads. Our body has all the energy it needs (and more!) from our excess bodyfat, and while burning it in Ketosis does not provide the more "instant" type of energy that a lot of f**d does, our bodies are fully capable of dealing with whatever we throw at them. Plus, once you start doing it your body very quickly gets used to the upped physical effort.

The hardest part is starting; that first few weeks can feel a bit gruelling, but it actually gets fun (and I never thought I'd say that about exercise! :D )

Oh well that's all my excuses out the window then :sigh: I'd better get my arse in gear :character00116:

Hi Linda

Did you get reading it yet. If not - you really should. If your looking for motivation from one gutsy woman - then you got to read it.

Totally understand what you say about seeing that other people other than us have fat issues. Its like you can open up on here and say anything as you know these people are going through the same thing.

Back