still peeved :-(

maxine uk

well tomorrow would have been woman of the year regional heats but after being informed tuesday that i wouldnt be eligable to go any further (if i was even lucky enough) because im going to be a consultant..ive been really upset since finding out :cry: and where i can see that it probably wouldnt look right if i was to go further i was told there shouldnt be a problem..well i have decided not to go i think i would be too upset, i feel more sorry for the lady who came 2nd in the group who should have been given the chance to go, but what a cock up!!!

It's a right royal cock up Maxine, you're so right. You should have been informed immediately to avoid this kind of disappointment. What a let down :mad:. X

I still think it's wrong that you're not eligible! You're GOING to be a consultant - you're not one yet - you're still a member, and as such you should be eligible :mad:

And you lost all the weight as a member :confused: It's nothing short of ridiculous if you ask me! :mad:

I'm sure lots of sucessful members have gone on to be consultants........even previous WOTY winners.

Is it just your consultant who has told you you're not eligible, or has that info come from higher up? If it's just your consultant, I'd be tempted to ask higher up. I just doesn't make any sense to me :confused:

For what it's worth, i agree with Shrinking Bev's comments. In fact, I'd go even further and say that it shouldn't matter a jot if you'd already become a consultant. You've still lost the weight and become a fantastic role-model - SW should acknowledge the achievement whether you are a member or a colleague.

For what it's worth, i agree with Shrinking Bev's comments. In fact, I'd go even further and say that it shouldn't matter a jot if you'd already become a consultant. You've still lost the weight and become a fantastic role-model - SW should acknowledge the achievement whether you are a member or a colleague.

Too flipping right! Well Said Minimunchkin :)

:hug99: :hug99: I totally agree with every one hun but are you really sure you don't want to go.... there will more than likely be peeps there that are higher up than your consultant and maybe you could just slip it in .... kinda mention it in passing.... who's to say your consultant got it right.... xx

I guess there are probably rules about 'employees' not being allowed to enter just like for other competitions. It doesn't seem fair but i guess they have to apply the rules equally.

I would still go if I was you. I wouldn't want the disappointment to take the edge of my achievement. You have done so very well, its how you feel that is important. I know recognition from others is fabulous but you lost the weight for you and you are going to help others achieve the same sort of loss and that is blooming marvellous.

Try and focus on the positive as you have so much to be positive about; for yourself and those you will be helping in the future.

I am sure that is what it will be. After all, the contestants are judged by consultants and it would leave them open to accusations of favouritsm if Maxine were to progress further in the competition. It does seem unfair because she fulfils the other eligibility criteria, but if they allowed it once, they would be setting a precedent and I can see why they would not want to do that.

You will just have to go all out and win consultant of the year instead Maxine!! *hugs*

aw thank you all,
as far as taking it further its a bit late( and yes it came from further up) i was only informed on tuesday (14th) and regionals were 19th by which time i had written my little speech sorted aout a new dress and shoes even brought dh a suit
i open my new group on the 28th october and they say that as i signed my contract i am a consultant!!
as for attending i feel i made the right choice in not going, im going to need all the possitive advertising i can get and feeling like i was wouldnt have given the right impression..
again ty all for the support

Back