Still sticking to it, but finding it hard!

magb

I haven't broken my diet, but I am sort of stalling on the weight loss now and it sort of makes me feel like all the work I'm putting in isn't paying off. I'm a few weeks in now and all I can literally think about are crisps, chocolate, cakes and everything I shouldn't have. It's made rather difficult when I go out with my friends and they all buy cakes and I have...ham!! I know I'm not going to break it, but how do I stop myself from getting bored? I thought the cravings would be gone by now but they really are getting crazy! I think I just got a little disheartened when I realised that to be happy with my weight, I'm always going to have to monitor my food. I'm even nervous for when I finally do get to eat what I want incase I put weight back on. Think I'm just on a bit of a downer with the diet now!

Chin up. I agree it can get hard. I broke mine a few weeks back with some baked crisps, and they tasted great, but I really regretted it as it was harder to ignore them and other things afterwards. I think it's really important to get good flavours in. I never have just cold meat now as it is unsatisfying. Iput it on oatbran blinis, which I use instead of a single galette, and I mix wholegrain or Dijon mustard with Quark or Fromage Frais, put herbs into the Q/FF. Dill FF with black pepper is great with smoked fish or prawns, which you can really heap onto your blinis. Follow up with sf jelly and a dollop of sweetenered yogurt and it feels more like a proper meal. I have my oatbran at lunch and supper (split) as an omelette with chopped ham (and mushrooms on a PV day) sustains me through the morning.

Why not check out the recipe thread at the top of the board and try some of the cakes and muffins there? I feel ridiculously happy and indulgent eating the moist vanilla cake with layer of creamy zero greek yogurt on top!

I think it's because I have a massive sweet tooth and at the minute I am craving so badly. I can't afford all the ingredients until I am home in 2 weeks (I'm a student :(..!) so I'm making do with my veg, eggs, protein and yoghurts. However, my friend wants me to come to the shop in an hour so I can pick up milk and she can get some revision snacks and i just keep thinking that I'll feel so much more satisfied if I buy a chocolate bar so I can finally stop thinking about chocolate. It's not even that I want loads! If I end up feeling guilty I feel like at least I won't break it again. This is so hard!!

To be honest - you are a perfectly healthy weight now, and at 5'10 I would think you look great.

Can I ask why you feel you need to lose another 10lbs, and why you feel that this particular diet is the best for you - particularly if, as a student, you have limited access to ingredients and cooking facilities?

I know I'm not classed as overweight but I'd just like to be a healthy size 12. When I was ten stone I was so much more confident and happier about myself and so happiness is what I'm aiming for and I am definately not happy with my wobbly bits. I did this diet because it doesn't limit the amount of food and so many people had amazing results. I have managed to stick to it for a while (where I'd usually fail in other diets) but today because I have so much work to do, I just want chocolate haha (i'm a little obsessed) or have some form of junk to revise with. Not a good association really!

I guess so...It's just I haven't always been this weight. I have been heavier before and a lot unhappier and so I started the Dukan to give me some idea of how I can eat and be able to stick at a normal weight without counting calories.

Hi, im a student too, so I know how you feel.
why dont you try to make a cheesecake with oatbran base or muffins or maybe frozen yoghurt with cocoa powder in it? someone needs to correct me, but I think you can use cocoa powder or really really dark chocolate like lindt 90%.

I think i might make my "cheesecake crumble" recipe when i really need dessert! at the moment im still ok. i used to make this on atkins but with flaxseed instead of oatbran.

try whipping together quark(i'd have to use philli extra light as i cant get quark here), some sweetner, a bit of cocoa powder, a drop or 2 of vanilla essence. whip it together, shove it in a pot, level it out and spinkle oatbran on top. (because were not using any fat to set it, the oatbran on the bottom will probably not work). then stick it in the fridge, let it set, gobble away. you could use gelatine to set it but i stick mine in the freezer instead to semi freeze it and it becomes like a desserty puddingy cheesecakey crumble type thing!

btw, magb, you've not got a lot to lose so maybe that's why your not losing as quick. Try incorporating a bit more exercise. Do u post in the daily menus? Maybe your not eating enough? Might be a good idea to post there if you're not already and people will give you advice. xx

Seconding the cheesecake idea - and actually the oatbran on the bottom does work. Just mix it with a few drops of milk and a little sweetener and let it set for a while.

As for cocoa powder - if you really fighting the temptation to buy chocolate a teaspoon of low fat cocoapowder (just make sure it is sugar free!) is definitely the lesser of two evils.

Hey sweet I know where you're coming from if you're not feeling happy in your body then you need to do something to make yourself feel better. Just remember the Dr D diet is about life not just a quick fix and it's gotta fit in to your life and your life in to it's if that makes sense!
Just RESIST that choccie demon ;-)
Xxx

I got some of the Dukan low fat cocoa from the DD shop. It's very nice. I put a teaspoon of it in Fromage Frais, with splenda and really enjoyed it. He gives a few recipes which include it.
He doesn't mention limiting it over the week, but I wouldn't have it every day. He does suggest using it with skim milk as a drink, or in custard.
I see that the amount of fat is the same as the one available in Tesco's at half the price!

Thanks guy! I will have to try the receipes too :). I did end up going to the shop with my friend and she did offer me a square of chocolate. I picked it up, thought about it and gave it back. I just feel like I finally need to change my habits. I mean once I'm at my goal I may not be as strong but I'm just deperate to get there. I see some of you have mentioned cocoa powder. I know Dukan sells no fat--but do you think it's ok to use Tescos low fat until then?

I guess this is exactly why cocoa is a tolerated item and an extra special emergency treat in tiny tiny quantities, not a daily additive!

Back