Still struggling with soups

Discussion in 'Exante' started by Sharon296, 11 June 2010 Social URL.

1. Sharon296

Sharon296 Member

Goal Weight:
    9st7lb
    Hi all, hows everyone getting on?? Is anyone else struggling with the soups, I find myself dreading them everyday. I have read somewhere about making crisps with them, has anyone else tried this and if so what do they come out like?:confused::confused::confused::confused:

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. sandyblack

sandyblack Full Member

Start Weight:
    15st7lb
    Current Weight:
    10st9lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st9lb
    Lost(%):
    4st12lb(31.34%)
    Diet:
    Low calorie diet
    I was the same,I just have bars and shakes and they are all lovely. Like you I dreaded the soups and couldn't even finish one!!

Good luck xx

4. YummyMummy 2 be

YummyMummy 2 be Full Member

Start Weight:
    14st12lb
    Current Weight:
    14st12lb
    Goal Weight:
    12st13lb
    Lost(%):
    0st0lb(0%)
    Diet:
    Exante
    Oh sharon i know exactly what you mean!

I thought long and hard about that, and when i was having them it made me dread it.... this diet is tough to stick to so i cut my losses and didnt have anymore, I just have shakes and bars now.
    Personally i knew that the soups may have been the straw to break the camels back 'as it were' that might send me off the dieting rails!

Alot of us have found that later in the diet our taste buds change, so maybe try the soups again in a couple of weeks?

Good luck!

Mini likes this.
  5. Sharon296

Sharon296 Member

Goal Weight:
    9st7lb
    Glad its not just me, so many people seem to love them but I just find them to creamy and they really make me feel ill. Think I'm gonna have to do the same and cut my losses and just order some extra shakes to see me through the next 3 weeks, I love the shakes all of them & the bars too but mainly the toffee, nut & raisin one mmm.

6. Isis1981

Isis1981 Are We There Yet?

Start Weight:
    27st7.0lb
    Current Weight:
    16st11.0lb
    Goal Weight:
    12st13.0lb
    Lost(%):
    10st10lb(38.96%)
    Diet:
    WLS 30/03/12 Exante 09/01/15
    I find the soups delicious. But that is because I add herbs and spices to make them taste how I want. I made the tomato and basil taste like curry, I spiced the thai and the veg and mushroom was lovely again today with pepper, garlic flakes and chilli flakes. I am trying to make them work for me.

I also make them with more water. This makes how I flavour them work better. I make sure i cook it in a pan as well. I have heard it makes all the difference :)

7. StIves

StIves Full Member

Start Weight:
    11st4.5lb
    Current Weight:
    10st5.5lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st13lb
    Lost(%):
    0st13lb(8.2%)
    Diet:
    Slim and Save
    Hey - I can only eat the Tom & Basil soup by making it into 'crisps'. Have a look on the LighterLife forum (scroll to the bottom) and there are loads of ideas on how to 'cook' them!

8. Sharon296

Sharon296 Member

Goal Weight:
    9st7lb
    Have tried adding spices Isis but still make me gag I'm afraid. Thankx St Ives will have a look x

9. Sharon296

Sharon296 Member

Goal Weight:
    9st7lb
    Have just tried the crisps, made my mushroom soup much easier to get down thanks St Ives I know what I'll be doing from now on!

10. StIves

StIves Full Member

Start Weight:
    11st4.5lb
    Current Weight:
    10st5.5lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st13lb
    Lost(%):
    0st13lb(8.2%)
    Diet:
    Slim and Save
    You are welcome. It was Miss D who used to post on here that pointed me in the right direction.
    I can only eat the Tom & Basil soup in 'crisp' form. The only soup I can still eat as a soup is the mushroom. I have made Thai Chicken crisps and they are ok....a bit salty and am yet to try veg 'crisps'. xXx

11. Sharon296

Sharon296 Member

Goal Weight:
    9st7lb
    Well I will be doing all flavours as crisps now, may not taste great but prefer the soup in that form
    rather than liquid.

12. Dietkitty

Dietkitty Rebel without a calorie

Start Weight:
    15st0lb
    Current Weight:
    14st7lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st7lb
    Lost(%):
    0st7lb(3.33%)
    Diet:
    Calorie Counting
    I just tried the veg soup as a popadom. I think I spread it too thick as it wouldn't cook then it burnt so went in the bin :confused:

13. StIves

StIves Full Member

Start Weight:
    11st4.5lb
    Current Weight:
    10st5.5lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st13lb
    Lost(%):
    0st13lb(8.2%)
    Diet:
    Slim and Save
    I find that making it up so that is resembles the texture of toothpaste works for me. Spread as thin as you can. Also if you add too much water I find that it doesn't go crisp enough.

Also use baking parchment....brilliant stuff and leave to cool after as it makes them go crisper!

Enjoy x

14. Magggie

Magggie Full Member

Start Weight:
    14st8lb
    Current Weight:
    10st2lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st0lb
    Lost(%):
    4st6lb(30.39%)
    Yes, I really wish exante would do a bumper pack of just shakes and soups. I like the soups(except tom n basil) but the shakes are so
    much more portable, unlike the soups, which need hot water and additives :)

15. calligas

calligas is slowly shrinking

Start Weight:
    15st9lb
    Current Weight:
    14st5lb
    Goal Weight:
    13st8lb
    Lost(%):
    1st4lb(8.22%)
    Diet:
    exante
    sorry to hear you are not getting on with the soups, but i can say i like them, they are better than the cambridge ones. i just add more water, salt n pepper. but i love the bars moreso, they are lush, i am on day 4 and got a stomping headache. Any1 else get this?

16. Dietkitty

Dietkitty Rebel without a calorie

Start Weight:
    15st0lb
    Current Weight:
    14st7lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st7lb
    Lost(%):
    0st7lb(3.33%)
    Diet:
    Calorie Counting
    Yup, I had them for 6 days and was ready to quit, but advice on here made me stick with it and on day 7 they eased.
    Welcome and good luck :)

17. calligas

calligas is slowly shrinking

Start Weight:
    15st9lb
    Current Weight:
    14st5lb
    Goal Weight:
    13st8lb
    Lost(%):
    1st4lb(8.22%)
    Diet:
    exante
    thanks diet kitty, hopefully this will pass, this site really does help, its a god send. good luck also

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.