Stir Fry?

melvina

I'm just starting out and am trying to make Slimming World-friendly tweaks to all my favourite meals.

What is a low syn stir fry sauce? I hear there are some seasoning sachets that are syn free but I don't know what they are?

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

xx

As far as I am aware most powdered seasoning is free but you will need to check the actual ingredients to confirm this.
I tend to use Black Dragon Stir Fry Sauces.
The Oyster and Spring onion flavour is 6 1/2 syns for the sachet. The sweet and sour is 7 1/2.
I often do stir fry, and when I don't use the Black Drago Sauses I use my own seasonings like soya sauce, stock cubes, chilli and lots of garlic.

Thanks! Yeah I already use Black Dragon sauces, but may also make some of my own so I can spend my Syns elsewhere!

I make my own stir fry sauce.

In a bowl, add a few tablespoons of soy sauce, some fresh crushed garlic cloves and some fresh grated ginger.

Then add your meat to the bowl and leave in the fridge to marinade for a few hours (at the least).

Then you can add the contents of the bowl to your wok or frying pan, cook the meat then add your stir fry veggies.

Yummy and syn free.

hi the best stir fry i have is chuck garlic, chilli and ginger into pan, fry off, add bacon and chicken. When ready add all veg you want

then add 1/2 pint or more depending on size of dinner of chicken bovril, bring to the boil then simmer until the sauce thickens and is nearly gone.

delicious and totally free!

For tasty and free stir fry I fry shallots, garlic, chilli and ginger to start. Then I add what ever meat I'm having followed by loads of veg. I've been known to stir in some boiled rice too. When it's nearly cooked I add about a tablespoon of soy sauce and a tablespoon of balsamic vinegar (you can use rice vinegar but balsamic works just as well). If I want to use a Syn I add a cap full of dry sherry (as I never have any rice wine in) which adds a nice depth of flavour.

Another alternative that works particuarly well with beef but has a few Syns is to marinade some strips of beef in a tablespoon of oyster sauce, a tablespoon of dark soy sauce and half a teaspoon of sugar. It only needs about half an hour. I stir fry it with chilli and cabbage and serve with boiled rice. Mushrooms work quite well too.

Let me know what you think if you try them.

Roz.

Can't remember how many syns but equal measures of Tomatoe Ketchup and Soy Sauce mixed together makes a lovely coating for Chicken.

Also the current SW magazine has a recipe for Stir Fry Beef (can't remember exact name) but tried that last night and it was gorgeous! They only say to add Red and Yellow Pepper but you could easily add other veg as like.

Back