Stirky's JUDDD journey!

Stirky7

Believe!
Well I've been thinking about starting it, and thought today was a great time. Starting on an up day lol, so easy day 1! Decided to start today as was off out for lunch, so couldn't stick to my slimfast. Thought I just as well start on JUDDD as was planning to next week anyway. I weigh in Fridays so will be a good time to start as will get a more accurate 1st week weigh in that way rather than starting on Monday.

I keep an online food diary so will carry this on, even on up days as nice to know exactly what I have. Plus I think if I'm just eating healthily on an UD and don't have a binge then I'll struggle to get in my 2000 cals as I'm so used to eating 1340 a day now. So be good to keep track of it. Like today I've only had 1387 so far, hum need more than that. Think I'll have to plan up days better, although today was an afterthought lol!

Aiming for no more than 500 on a DD (480 limit on the calculator). Been planning already what I'll have tomorrow, aiming for 5 times of no more than 100 cals. I'm well used to my 100 cal snacks on slimfast so have plenty of stuff I can eat.

I'm really looking forward to it, bring it on!

Thursday 3rd Sept

Right, went swimming tonight for 45 mins. Then came back and had a chicken salad roll with doritos and a packet of maltesers (yummy!)after, so I'm now on 2134 cals for today. Lol I must be obsessed with counting cals, I know most people on this plan don't count them on UD's but I just can't help it lol!

Just filled in my Seinfeldian chain for my 100% diet days, and it seems really odd for me to mark today as 100% when I've eaten so much :O Weird! Haven't had as healthy choices as I would've liked, but think the spur of the moment thing in doing this didn't help lol!

Off to bed now, and we'll see how tomorrow goes! Fingers crossed!

Last edited:
Down days are the hardest. I've found it ok to have a ryvita bar with coffee for brekkie, that's only 62 cals. M&S do a nice prawn pasta salad for only 145 cals for lunch, fruit snack of 50 - 70 in the afternoon and for dinner a small roll with 2 grilled turkey rashers and a dash of tomato sauce. That's one suggestion for a down day oh and remember water water and more water!

Yes I always drink plenty of water :D Love it lol.

Ha going well so far but the day is still early lol! Decided to just have green tea on a dd as cal free, rather than normal tea with skimmed milk, not that I usually drink that much of it. So for breakfast had a cup of green tea with a weetabix oaty bar, 67 cals. Planning a snack of an apple 67 cals, then a WW chicken soup for lunch 95 cals. For dinner I'll have a salad with 5 slices of chicken breast which will only be 90 cals. Oh and I've also made up a pint of sugar free jelly for later, only 32 cals and yummy! Will prob have that this eve and still have 150 cals left for something else. Will report in later to see how I've got on!

hey fello friday girl!!

oooh this is interesting! i sounds like a plan. im not sure i could stick to the down days tho!

good luck hun!

luv katie
xxx

Cheers Kae, lol will see how long I last hehehe! Thought I'd try it to see if those scales will move again as I seem to have hit a wall :(

Hey stirky, glad you started this thread as I am hoping to give the diet ago when i get down to my first target again, Im on Cambridge at the mo. I tried moving to Slimming world when I hit target but put on a stone. I aws like a kid in a sweet shop :eek: moving from CD to SW.
Can't wait to see how you get on. Good Luck:D

Thanks, but you can thank Channy as she started last week and I'm only doing it because of her thread lol! Also Karenlou also started a few days ago, so be interesting to see how we all get on! I'm hoping it gives my metabolism a jump start lol! We can but try :cross:

Friday 4th Sept

:bliss:Woo-hoo!!!

Got through my first DD 100%. I actually don't feel hungry, but have been feeling narky lol! Think it's helped hungry wise that I've eaten at the same times I usually do, although ended up having dinner late and was feeling pretty peeved off by then lol, fine once I'd eaten it tho! Glad I made my jelly up, was saving it for this evening. But mid afternoon I felt a bit peckish so just had a bit of that and it saved me :D

Here's what I had today (copied and pasted from my online journal):

FRI: (Total cals 480)

First DD, here we go!

Water: 4 litres
Only drinking green tea today not normal tea.

Br: Oaty bar 67
Green tea
Sn: Apple 67
Green tea
Lun: WW Chicken soup 95
1 x ryvita 32
Sn: Ate about 1/4 of the jelly, so glad I made that!
Can diet coke 1
2 x crackerbread with spread 48
Din: Salad with 4 slices chicken and 1 slice ham 90
Sn: Sugar free jelly 32
Snack a jacks popcorn 48
Green tea

Last edited:
Hi Stirky. Well done on getting through your first DD :)

Once you get into it, it's surprising how much you can have, isn't it? I like your idea of 100 cal snacks, I might make me a list of those too.

Yes there is so much you can have for under 100 cals! Take a look on the slimfast board, there is a sticky for 100 cal snacks and loads of ideas in there! I look at the cals in everything now, even if I'm not eating it myself, obsessive I know lol!

Just a thought, but I know many juddderers who usually delay their first meal on DDs because with so few calories, that first meal can just be enough to get you wanting more.

Many people go into some level of ketosis overnight, so the theory is to delay breaking it. They usually find it easier if they have a 3 or 5 hour 'window' for eating, like the fast 5 diet. Combining the two ways.

Anyway...just a thought.

Many people go into some level of ketosis overnight, so the theory is to delay breaking it.
KD, just wondering can you go into Ketosis eating carbs. I'm just curious, I thought you had to cut out carbs to get into Keto? So can you on a DD go into Keto and a UD come out then a DD go back in e.c.t? I'm just trying to learn something new for today;):)

KD, just wondering can you go into Ketosis eating carbs. I'm just curious, I thought you had to cut out carbs to get into Keto?

No, just reduce carbs. After all, there's a fair amount of carbs in CD.

So can you on a DD go into Keto and a UD come out then a DD go back in e.c.t? I'm just trying to learn something new for today;):)

Real ketosis wont happen that quick. It takes about 2 weeks for ketosis to settle in properly, though the effects start earlier than that. The ketosis people get when they aren't on ketogenic diets but haven't eaten for a while (like when you sleep...think manky mouth and no hunger on waking...very common), is much shorter term, but can keep you going for a while, until you start to eat something.

When you eat, even if it's a no carb food, it can wake up those signals to eat more.

Another thing Juddders do is have more protein on DDs because of the satiety effects of protein, rather than the ketosis side.

Thanks KD, very interesting info. Certainly worth thinking about, may give this a go tomorrow and see how I get on. Although Friday went ok, didn't feel hungry, would hate to actually get hunger pangs on a dd, wouldn't be good!

Yes thanks Karen I am enjoying my UD but not overdoing it, being careful to eat the right things, make sure I'm having enough but not too much lol!

Well had a good day, but then that's not hard being as it's an UD lol. Finish on 2201 cals with exercise done too! Whoop! Really getting into my exercise again! Did 45 min Davina Super Fit workout x

Stirky we've started something here. We'll have our own little group before we know it. Just wnat to say you're dd had so much options. I'm going to check out the 100 snack thing on SF, to give me more suggestions.

Yes tried to eat as normally as I could so I didn't feel I was being deprived lol. So much you can have for under 100 cals, yes that 100 cal snack thread is brilliant! Esp some of Iris's suggestions on there!

Yes tried to eat as normally as I could so I didn't feel I was being deprived lol. So much you can have for under 100 cals, yes that 100 cal snack thread is brilliant! Esp some of Iris's suggestions on there!

just her descriptions for the food makes your mouth water doesnt it! shes got a real way with words! She like the lady from the m&s adverts! In a fab way of course! hehehe

Sounds like you are doing amazing hun! cant wait to see the results! i have been thinking more and more about this diet!

hope u r having a good weekend

luv katie
xx

Back