Stitching Bug?

Just out of interest, I was wondering if anyone else is a cross-stitch fan like me?

I haven't done any for a while, but as I am starting the Cambridge Diet SS over the next day or so, I thought it would be a good idea to get back into my sewing again.

At least it keeps my mind, and hands, otherwise occupied, LOL.

I'm currently working on this kit:

Sew and So - Cut Thru' Princess Palace

Lins x

i do cross stitch and really enjoy it. i dont have the patience to do large pieces but do loads of cards etc. My daughter is getting quite good too ( she's just turned 10)

Not so much cross stitch, but I really enjoy embroidery. Can only really do backstitch and satin stich (poorly) but I'm trying to teach myself more.

I love cross-stitch and was only saying last night and havne't done any for ages so I think I'll get out my kit that I bought 2 years ago and haven't touched yet. :eek:

I haven't done embroidery since I was a little girl but I bought some transfers off ebay at the back of last year and am going to start embroidering some pillowcases and hankies.

Must keep these idle hands busy or they start reaching for munchies. :rolleyes:

ooooohhh Im a cross stitch addict..
My avatar is one I did for hubby ages ago. I don't like small or cutesy ones -I like the big ones -oohh and "heaven + earth" -their designs are stunning... and keep my head out of the fridge :p -Im working on one for my eldest niece for xmas....

Me!! I love cross stitch and have completed several projects, I'm currently working on a large Winnie the Pooh design for my daughters bedroom. I have quite a few on the go but trying to get some finished. I also knit and am planning on crafting on a night to stop me wanting to snack.

I love cross stitching but have all but given up as I wanted to make useful things, but starting to want to get crafty again and make some things for my daughter as well as some upcoming additions to the family!

I love cross stitch! I've stitched since I was about 9 so thats 16 years now. I like to do lots of different designs and often have more than 1 on the go at once! I'm currently doing Gracious Era which is a big design with loads of French Knots, Henry VIII which is also a big design and am always working on lots of smaller designs. Although I haven't stitched for weeks now.

Just out of interest, I was wondering if anyone else is a cross-stitch fan like me?

I haven't done any for a while, but as I am starting the Cambridge Diet SS over the next day or so, I thought it would be a good idea to get back into my sewing again.

At least it keeps my mind, and hands, otherwise occupied, LOL.

I'm currently working on this kit:

Sew and So - Cut Thru' Princess Palace

Lins x
I just love that kit you are working on it will be fab when finished. I used to do a lot of cross stitch but more of tapestry which I used to love but about 6 years ago someone introduced me to Patchwork/Quilting and now I am a complete addict, great when dieting as I really get lost in it :D

I've always wanted to try patchwork and quilting but have never got round to it but I may start now winter is just round the corner, gives me something to do in the dark evenings when its cold outside.

I've always wanted to try patchwork and quilting but have never got round to it but I may start now winter is just round the corner, gives me something to do in the dark evenings when its cold outside.
It is a wonderful hobby and so so useful for the home, Christmas/Birthday pressies etc; etc. It is not until you start it that you realise what a wonderfully useful hobby it is. Google Patchwork or quilting the web is stuffed full of useful sites.

It is a wonderful hobby and so so useful for the home, Christmas/Birthday pressies etc; etc. It is not until you start it that you realise what a wonderfully useful hobby it is. Google Patchwork or quilting the web is stuffed full of useful sites.
I'll have a search later on this evening when I get a chance. I might buy that quilting magazine too if its still around, I've been meaning too but some of them are so expensive!

I'm totally addicted to cross-stitch and have about 10 on the go!

I'm totally addicted to cross-stitch and have about 10 on the go!
Wow, how do you keep up with all those?! Lol! I would start that many if I could but I end up not finishing them all so I try to behave myself and not start too many at once. Having said that though I haven't stitched for ages now.

I'll post some pics of some of my work soon. I simply must get some work done again, I enjoy it once I start but I keep getting side tracked.

What kind of things do you like to stitch?

I don't like "pretty" things, eg flowers, faries, dog, cats etc.
I usually get patterns off the internet and have some saucy, half naked ladies to do!
I have a collection of 12 dream-catchers with wise sayings i'm half way through, a collection of traditional Indian ladies dresses ready to start and various Egyptian ones!

good luck!!!
I did a birth sampler for my niece when she gave birth.
It was of Noah's Ark, with all the usual animals, and took me two months to complete (it was 4ft by 5ft!)

I'm in the middle of doing a winnie the pooh sampler ready for when my best friend gives birth...shes due in 3 weeks but it aint nowhere near done yet so need get a wriggle on I think!!!
How you doing with that sampler hun? The baby will almost be here now?
I'm just about to start another Winnie the Pooh kit today, I need something fun to do after the seriousness of that last two I did! :D

I've taken up cross stitching now to stop me from snacking.
The last time I did cross stitch (using Binca), was over 40 years ago when I was in the infants.
The project I am working on is an african dancer - the pattern is in CrossStitcher magazine, issue 225. I've almost finished it, I just have to complete the borders.
I bought all the floss, needles, etc from ebay - so much cheaper than the local haberdashers.

I have also bought a kit from Sew and So (Apache wedding blessing by Janlynn), but there are so many threads to sort, I think I'll attempt this one when I'm more experienced! I first saw this kit over 10 years ago and have always wanted to sew it.

Back