STOCK CUBE

maddy1

hi everyone, my name is jane and im on day 2 of the attack phase, just a little question can you have stock cubes ?? wanted to make a chilli but wasnt sure whether you can use stock cubes or not .
any help would be greatly received,
hope your all having a good day

Jane .xx

Hello Jane,

In France, we can find "fat free" stock cubes, but word in the UK is that you can only find "low salt" stock cubes...

For chilli in attack, you could use mince + chilli powder. What else were you thinking of putting in it? Buy lowest fat mince possible for attack (5% fat if you can find it!)

hi thank you for the reply,
well ive got oxo cubes and they have
0.1 fat
0.9 carbs
so i assume this will be ok ??
i was thinking of using quorn mince , its lower than 5% fat and i read on the q & a page that you could use quorn , could put some tomato puree in , aswell as onions for taste too.x

If you are on attack I would not use the puree or the stock cube or the onions and wait until you hit cruise.

Definately a lovely dinner and veggies will taste amazing by Friday. If you can, it is better to be as pure as possible on attack and leave the tolerated items until you need them to keep going and then only occasionally.

This is a great diet and it has worked really well for me.

Reduced salt is better

I didn't use stock cubes until the very end of my diet and then, because I couldn't find any low fat ones I decided to use only half the amount and add extra herbs and spices instead.

and, after a while on this diet, stock cubes taste dreadfully salty!

thank you for all the replies on this, really helps, just couldnt imagine veg without at least even a watery gravy lol .xx

Back