Stocking the pantry

Hi All,

I'm a newbie and am wondering if there is a list anywhere of branded foods that are low in syns and good to have in the cupboard. I've seen that the alpen bars are popular. If there isn't a list available perhaps we could create one? What else do you keep on hand? Also I heard that some of the extra low fat yoghurts are counted as syns. Which ones are not free?

Thanks

If you want to know syns just have a look in the syn section. There is also threads on everyday foods also. Im not a wonderful help but I didnt want to read and run. Mugshots pasta n sauce, rice, pasta, any veg you like fruit, potatoes lean meat

Hi and welcome !!!

There is a sections for syns as PP said Syn Values you should find all you need to know there.

Your stock cupboard depends on what you like. I personally do more green days than red or EE so my stock cupboard is very different from someone who does mainly red. I always have jars of cooked pulses iu.e. chickpeas, lentils etc, tinned tomatoes, baked beans, mushy peas and in the freezer loads of quorn products and fish. In the fridge I have Laughing Cow Blue Cheese and Extra Light and a variety of Phily's plus salad stuff. Eggs are a must as well.

Good luck.

Back