stomach exercise

Discussion in 'Slimming World' started by ilovelife, 26 January 2010 Social URL.

1. ilovelife

ilovelife Wishing and hoping!

I currently do Davina Power of Three- but it is getting too easy. I do a lot of walking anyways, but need to do extra work on the abdominal area - have you got any suggestions on exercise that has made a difference?

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. sassie

sassie Full Member

Start Weight:
    13st2lb
    Current Weight:
    12st5lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st7lb
    Lost(%):
    0st11lb(5.98%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    Cant help with this i'm afraid but am looking forward to someone coming up with an answer!

4. Meli

Meli Gold Member

Start Weight:
    13st11.6lb
    Current Weight:
    13st11.6lb
    Goal Weight:
    8st8lb
    Lost(%):
    0st0lb(0%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    There is a really good exercise that I know, but it's going to be a challenge to explain.
    Lay straight on the floor facing the ceiling, then have someone stand up and put their feet on each side of your ear. Lay your legs straight and then lift them up slowly together. Have the partner push your legs back down lightly and you need to control them from hitting the floor. It is a great exercise to add to your routine and you will feel a difference.
    Can probably be done without a partner as well, but it gives more of an resistance.

5. sassie

sassie Full Member

Start Weight:
    13st2lb
    Current Weight:
    12st5lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st7lb
    Lost(%):
    0st11lb(5.98%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    You explained that very well! :) I'm guessing this works on the lower bit of your tummy...?

6. ilovelife

ilovelife Wishing and hoping!

thanks I shall give that a go :)

7. Meli

Meli Gold Member

Start Weight:
    13st11.6lb
    Current Weight:
    13st11.6lb
    Goal Weight:
    8st8lb
    Lost(%):
    0st0lb(0%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    Yes the focus for that exercise is mostly for the lower abdominals

8. StripedDaisy

StripedDaisy A sucker for a key change

Diet:
    Slim & Save
    I would also recommend Body Pump (a class at many leisure centres nowadays). I did it for a while until I couldn't get to the class anymore and I loved it. It is a tough class (but not aerobic), that works all of the muscle groups using weights (starting with low weights though). My very flabby stomach started to shrink after 4 goes and my bingo wings were shrinking, my arms and shoulders were becoming more defined. I can't wait to be able to go again (the class now clashes with my WI pffftt).

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.