Stones to Pounds

Lil Miss Sunshine

WE can do this :)
Hi I am getting different answers but what is 13 1/2 stone in pounds
I lost 5 pound and I put in 13 stone and 182 comes up and when i put in 13.5 stone in 189
the maths doesnt add up lol as 189 -182 isnt 5 pound

so if someone can tell me what 13 1/2 stone is in pounds i can deduct from there on in lol

Well a stonne is 14 pounds so that's 189. Just do 13 x 14 + 7 pounds (half a stonne).

Just to add, it didn't work out right when you did it because 13.5 is 13 and a half stone (13st 7lbs) rather than 13st 5lb.

HTH

I like to measure in pounds rather than stones, it makes it easier to see the numbers falling on the scales!

Being dosy, I totally confused myself as to what weight I was after my first loss because it went from in the 15's to in the 14's - so I now weigh in lbs.

It's not a massive revelation or anything but I found this chart - Weight Conversion Chart - which is handy if you don't fancy working it out, or want to convert it to kilos. I'm sticking to checking on that because then I can't get confused :D

i agree, using pounds its alot easier to see the weight coming off, unfortunately its also the same the opposite way too:( kilos are good too.

one thing that i dont get with kilos is ..

83kilos is 13stone.
82.5 kilos should therefore be 12 stone 12lbs (as there is 2.2lbs per kilo so thats a half a kilo deduction from 83 to 82.5), yet when i convert it, 82.5 kilos is 12 stone 9. im not complaining or anything it just confuses me that by losing half a kilo i lose 5lbs!

xx

Ok, you're confusing 12.9 to mean 12 st 9lbs, it doesn't :D the .9 is nine tenths of a stone ( 14lbs,), which is 12lbs, so 82.5 kgs is 12 st 12 lbs :)
I use this chart when I'm doing conversions, saves my brain cells :D
Weight Conversion Chart htm

Thankyou! I wondered why I was so confused.

Back