"Stop and Starter dieters"

NN89

Sexy Member
Are you a stop and starter dieter? Unsure, do you...

1. Promise to start on monday
2. Only ever start a diet after you fit into an item of clothing you USED to be able to fit into
3. Miss atleast one class/gym session and thats your whole plan GONE!
4. Have to be very strict with yourself NOT to have goodies in the house, as they will be binged on
5. Loose 5lbs when on your diet..then 3 weeks later when it tails on, put it all back on again?

This is me :(

This would now be my 4th attempt of weightwatchers this year..thats almost one attempt a month lol

I love the plan, and find it does work when I do it- however life gets in the way, and my motivation and willpower goes down the pooper, so i'm asking..
For myself, and many other 'stop and starter' dieters out there- any tips?

How do you recover when you miss a class/have a bad day?

How do you manage to say 'no'?

Ah cripes, this is me all over! I don't really know what there is other than if you go off the rails, just draw a line under it and start a fresh the next day. What I tend to do is have a bad day say Wednesday, then think 'balls to it' and continue eating crap Thursday and Friday. Then I think 'sod it it's Saturday' and then come Sunday I just don't give a crap anymore! You have to make sure you get back on the very next day or you'll struggle.

Until I started ww in March this was me all over, I would promise myself on a Monday that I would be good and by that evening I would be eating fish and chips and promising myself I'd do it next week :(

I like ww because if I plan my meals I have enough points in the evening when I am weakest to have something sweet. I also like that nothing is off limits.

In addition to the planning, I have started distracting myself when I am thinking about going to the kitchen for a snack I really don't need. I take the dogs out/play facebook games/come on here....anything really to keep myself occupied until I'm no longer thinking about that forbidden kit kat or whatever! :)

Thanks girls! I think distraction is a good one..When i'm thinking about my kitchen cupboards I'm going to try and go for a 5 min walk around the park by my house, or maybe make myself a cup of tea instead!

Any other tips? Im feeling motivated to shift this weight, i know i can do it..I know how to do it, it's just bloody doing it!

All I can say is if you truly, right deep down want it to work, it will. Any situation can be overcome but - and I hate to sound like a leader here - it is simply all about tracking and planning.

Track EVERYTHING and for things you have coming up plan for them.

If you do that you will rarely go wrong, that's what I've done and it has worked for me.

Example - I am at the BBQ this Friday, I know Tesco meat free stuff is the best for it so I am taking my own, I also walked on Sunday to get activity points to allow for a few beers.

Also a thing I notice with a lot of people, a bad day should not equate to a bad week! Everyone has bad days but to use that as an excuse to completely write-off a lot of good work is just another way of giving in.

Thanks puggso, its so true..I'm hoping to get an iphone soon and will be getting the ww app ASAP lol

I've also tried to start a blog, might give me something to vent my frustration and look over my feelings etc, and where exactly i am going wrong! I am an emotional eater, do you think it may be worth looking into counselling?

Me Blog:http://thedietstartstoday.blogspot.com/

hello nn89 a blog is a great place to vent, good luck to you and if you need a good rant at anyone im on here most days so fell free im a good listerner

Back