Stop weighing urself all the time!

Wisney

Hi guys. I keep reading lots of posts on here about people getting disheartened or feeling crappy because they think they've done really good and then they get on the scale and BOOM! They've lost a tiny amount.

I've been sticking to this diet pretty consistently, and if I've HAD to have something nice, I've made sure to keep my calories at 800 or under. I can feel the difference, I can SEE the difference... the LAST thing I want to do is step on that damn scale and be completely put out by only seeing a silly number.

We all know that some weeks you can lose inches without losing pounds, it happens a LOT.

People, if you can SEE a difference, if you can FEEL a difference, then I urge you to try and avoid the scale until you absolutely have to because it can make you feel like **** and completely undermine all your hard work and put you in the absolute worst mindset.

People don't see the number on your scale, they see the person standing in front of them. If that person is looking slimmer and slimmer, that's what matters!

But when people start a new diet they want to see results as it inspires them on, ive been doing it myself but its true theres no quick fix when on a diet. It takes time and effort. :)

You're so right Wisney so I've decided to bite the bullet and make a note of my measurements. And I'm now going to concentrate on how well my clothes fit/look. hope you have a good week x x

Well said!!

And its why i binned my scales last time round!!

I was tempted to go get weighed today but i decided to leave it till next monday as planned.

I'm also going to take my measurements today :)

@Scousemouse, I honestly think it's sometimes the only way to keep your sanity!

I think everyone has to do what it takes to keep themselves going. If there are some people who get a huge kick out of weighing themselves all the time and they see decent movement on the scale, then that's what's important because it keeps them going. Most of us though have the massive downer after we weigh ourselves, because the number on the scale doesn't match what we feel and see. It's all about what it takes to push you forward!

Right I have decided. It to weigh myself until sat 4 August which is the day I go on holiday. I need to stop obsessing about this diet/weight and just get on with my life!

I definitely agree that if you get upset by the scales not to weigh in more than once per week!

It's too much effort for me to weigh in daily (well ok maybe a slight exaggeration lol) because I keep my scales upstairs under my bed and have to bring them downstairs to the bathroom to weigh in. There are some weeks I'll have a sneaky weigh in before weigh in day, but never a daily weigher! I couldn't handle it if I didn't like what I saw on the scales. I'm that bad that sometimes I can't even handle what the scale says once per week ;)

I dont agree !! Well for me, I like my morning WI, and I dont let it affect me if its not what I hoped ( I have done in the past, but not any more) but when it is what I hoped WOW I feel great and raring to go! Its the best boost ever for me.

But I see what your saying when people are getting disheartened, I have even had to stop myself at one point. Ketostix are my enemy!!!

I can't win, if I weigh myself and I've lost I'm elated then as a pat on the back I may have a treat ( ridiculous I know). If I haven't lost what I'd hoped, I tell myself I'm a failure then also eat!!!!

So I am weighing 1 weekly, and going by the way clothes feel...

Day 6 no WI= no cheating..... I am 100%

I'm going to try to weigh myself only once a month instead of once a week - I don't have scales at home so I go to the ones at Boots. Small losses really throw me off and I don't want that to happen ... I will weigh myself at the end of this week though just to check that I have actually lost something

Hels why do you say ketostix are your enemy

Hels why do you say ketostix are your enemy

Because theyre a pointless waste of money. Theyre unreliable and stress people out even more than the scales. If you follow the plan youll be in ketosis, if you stick to the plan youll stay in ketosis, peeing on sticks wont change that. I dont understand people who check ketostix regularly :confused:

I tend to avoid Ketostix just because my aim is poor (sorry for the TMI) but whenever I've been on a VLCD before and had them, what always ensued was a good ten minutes of me holding up a pee-soaked stick, staring at it to determine the colour and then trying to work out what that meant and whether I was dehydrated. I haven't got the energy to put myself through that again ...

I'm a daily weighing addict, but am too far gone to have any chance of recovery from my addiction :).

Because theyre a pointless waste of money. Theyre unreliable and stress people out even more than the scales. If you follow the plan youll be in ketosis, if you stick to the plan youll stay in ketosis, peeing on sticks wont change that. I dont understand people who check ketostix regularly :confused:

Yep, pretty much!! I have used Ketostix twice this month and they haven shown ketosis, and I couldnt think of a reason ehy, and have thought sod it, if im not in ketosis, ill have a nibble on this, and that, it wont do any harm as Im not in ketosis, If I dont test I dont know this, so dont go off track and they are not even that reliable from what I hear!

Maybe its my thought process thats my enemy, but each of my binges whilst on VLCD have been because I havent been in ketosis. I have been disheartened. :(

I had a pack, they were a bit old and never showed any sign of ketosis at all. I bought a new pack and I was 'in the pink' straightaway so you can certainly get duff ones.

Back