Stop weighing urself all the time!

So are you saying that even though the sticks are showing pink one might not be in ketosis?

Yeah I've heard a lot of bad reviews of ketostixs :S

And I did say in my post further down the page, if weighing in a lot and seeing small losses keeps u motivated then that's perfectly fine, that's what we all want is motivation! It's whatever gets u to where u need to go :)

I think the once a month weigh in is a really good idea because you will have defo felt u've lost weight and then when u see such a massive loss, u'll be over the moon i reckon :D

I just want people to not obsess over the scales if they know it takes the wind out of their sales. We all need more wind in our sales so we should avoid anything that sabotages it, lolll

So are you saying that even though the sticks are showing pink one might not be in ketosis?

I reckon it's more likely that they'll not show pink when you are in ketosis.

I am a weigh every day junkie. Works for me - even if I stay the same it keeps me on track. If I weighed once a week I would cheat and promise to make it up - sad but true! Guess we are all different and get to know what works for ourselves. On day 2 and scales say 2lbs lost - even though I know that isn't fat it keeps me focused x

Awesome post I lost 8 inches on my hips ages ago and I only weighted 3lb less I was like wtf!!! Lol that was before SnS but I completely agree

I like to weigh myself everyday, but last Thursday the batteries fell out my scales and I couldn't be bothered to put all 8 of them back and get sellotape to tape them in again, so thought, well I am on week 1, I have lost 4.6 lb so far so I will wait until Monday to weigh and I should see a good loss. I got on the scales yesterday and I had only lost 6 lb in all, was very disappointed and know that if I had of weighed over the weekend I would have been prepared for the smaller loss. Have decided to weigh every day again and today I am 2.4lb down on yesterday so am in a good mood again!!

I weigh every day but the only one I really take notice of is my weigh day, Your weight fluctuates too much daily and sometimes day to day to be of any use or keep you sane.

Ketostix - I'd rather save my money for a hairdye/bit of makeup or something nice off eBay.

I think it depends on your mindset. If not losing (or evening gaining!) will cause you motivational issues and make you doubt the diet then only weight weekly. Your body goes through stages and it isn't all to do with fat loss. Getting stessed thinking you won't lose this week does no good and makes it more possible that you might look for comfort in food. However, if like me you take the information in and don't have an emotional reaction to it then you could find it a useful feedback tool. I'm finding it especially useful in refeed where it gives me an early indication if certain food isn't working for me.

Forgive me mini's for I have sinned......... Yes I was lured onto the scales once again. Lost 1lb since monday so I'm chuffed and it's brightened my whole day. Even the thought of being awake since 6am hasn't affected my mood x x

Back