Stopped losing weight...

Beejster

Have been on SW since july and lost 3.5 stone. But the last three weeks have really changed.

Have consistently been loosing between 2 and 4lbs for the duration until two weeks ago. I lost 1.5, 1.5 and now this week nothing. I follow the diet to the letter and have between 3-10 syns a day (mostly healthy syns like more low fat coleslaw or no sugar jam for my toast). I only eat bread two times a week and make all my meals from scratch.

I started exercising 6 weeks ago and have been slowly upping what i do each week. (can't believe its me sometimes, where all that motivation come from??)

Anyone got any ideas what up? Am sad and miffed and dieting is hard enough at the best of times and being unhappy is making it all that bit harder.

Thanks muchly,

Bj

There could be so many reasons.

Just a few are:

a natural plateau while your body adjusts.
repetitive food. Have you tryed varying your foods
Are your clothes looser but the weight is not changing. You could be changing your muscle/fat ratio.

You have done amazingly well so far and am sure if you keep at it this plateau will pass.

xxxxxx

hey hun,

firstly maybe youv been spoiled by those fab weekly losses, 1.5lb loss is really good. and after loosing a good couple of stone, i am suprised youv had such good couple of lb losses each week leading up to now,
dont let it get you down , switch things up a bit, but be proud of 1.5lbs. That still good!! id be more than pleased myself..

*hugs* xxx

I started exercising 6 weeks ago and have been slowly upping what i do each week. (can't believe its me sometimes, where all that motivation come from??)

Anyone got any ideas what up? Am sad and miffed and dieting is hard enough at the best of times and being unhappy is making it all that bit harder.

Thanks muchly,

Bj

Firstly well done you on loosing so much! :happy036:

Secondly this has happened to me - I lost 3 pounds on my first week, when I was recovering from an op, and then when back to my normal 4 times a week to the gym only managed a 1lb for the following 3 weeks - was on the verge of giving up when I had a couple of 3lbs losses.

Keep plugging away, a loss is still a loss. Make sure you are eating enough too - your body is very good at learning to burn calories cautiously if it doesn't think it is going to get enough!

Back