Stopped Lurking and Finally Registered.

Another Tracy

Hello :)

My name is Tracy and I'm 52, married and have one grown up son . I have been lurking around the forums for about six weeks and finally decided to register.

I've been gradually getting fatter and fatter over the last three years and I've got to change my diet/life style or I will eat myself to an early grave I'm sure.

My fifth week of following the Slimming World Extra Easy plan begins tomorrow (I'm not going to a group but have the books) and I plan to weigh in once a month (29th). I had been dieting for about two weeks before I could bring myself to stand on a scale, I knew it was going to be a huge number and it was :(

Minimins has helped/inspired me already, I love to read about people's success stories.

Sorry to ramble on

Tracy :)

Hello Tracey, I also have been hanging around here for a couple of weeks. Joined last night. I'm 49 & have 2 children 21&24yrs

I am trying to lose about 5 stone. 1 gone already.Good luck to you in your goal.

Hello Tracy! Welcome to the forum! You will love it;-) It's great place to find help and support! My only advice for you is to stay strong and motivated and you will achieve all of your goals! Wish you best of luck.

Hi there,

I'm a fellow newbie who has been looking at the forums on the quiet for a week or two and decided to actually join up!

I feel exactly the same as you in that if I don't do something about it now then I'll end up having a heart attack or a stroke. I can't let that happen.

I'm not one for going to weekly classes, weigh-ins etc., it's just not my thing. I'm going it alone on the alternate day fasting diet (prompted by 3 days in hospital last week when I had to fast (nil by mouth) for a day and a half and it was okay). I could get quite annoyed with myself really as I've dieted before and lost 7 stone in 6 months just through a low calorie diet and lots of exercise but like a fool over three years I have put every last pound of that back on. Ah well, onwards and upwards!

Good luck all x

Hi Tracey (and everyone else)

I'm also a fellow lurker and signed up last night!
I'm new to the site but not to slimming world as have been doing it the past few years pretty much losing and gaining the same 2 stone.
I do a mix of green and extra easy days, and I do go to group. I don't have the discipline to do it on my own, knowing someone is going to weigh me helps keep me on track.

Good luck to you all.

Hi, I'm new here,too! Been skulking around the sw threads in a bid to try to keep on track, looking for recipe ideas to keep inspired!! Some good ideas which I will be attempting soon!

Thanks for all the ideas!

Hi I'm New also a fellow lurker !

I'm 35 and have two boys I've been on Slimming world since 2010 reach my target in 2010 losing 2.1/2 stone I've gained a stone back since returning back to work in the last year or so I do t have time to attend groups as previously I attended weekly rigorously in hoping this site will provide the support and valuable information needs to help keep me on track :) I've also taken to writing everything down in a pocket note book to keep track of those hidden syns I've been consuming Sarah

Back