Extra Easy Strange loss last week & huge gain this week - Gutted

I went to my class as usual last night which was being covered by another sw consultant (mine is on holiday).
I had a massive 4.5 pound gain! :eek:

I've never had a gain like that. Last week I had an unusual 3.5 weight loss.

I was 5.5 pounds away from my 4.5 stone target prior to last night.

This loss & gain is strange for me. I've been on the sw plan for nearly a year and I have always been consistent and things had been slowing down but still moving in the right direction.

Has anyone had this experience before so close to target :confused:

Before anyone says its her scales I did double check when I got home and my scales also showed a big gain (though not quite as much as the ones in group).

All i can think of is was you 100%, use all your syns, stay within your syns.... exercise.. did you do lots, just started? x

Maybe dehydration the first week then water retention becuase of this the following week? Time of the month?

Not that it has any bearing on your weight loss/gain but I am confused why you say you've been on plan a year, you are so close to target but your stats say you are a maintainer?? Have you got to target once before?

Hi all, I hadn't realised that when setting up it had assigned a badge/label showing as maintainer.. User error. I think it's gone now.

Anyhow, I joined SW at the end of May last year and have made good and steady progress. My final goal is 4 stone 7pounds and until this week I only had 5.5 pounds to go. I do the same as I always do I use my syns (though don't go over), I excercise a bit and drink plenty of water. I normally lose between ½ and 1 pound per week with the very occaisional stay the same or slight gain if I've been naughty.

For the two weeks in question with the loss then gain my routine hasn't waivered and it hasn't been that time of the month. I'm completely stumped and feel fairly down about it ..

Fingers crossed things will get back to normal when I have my next meeting.

Last edited:
How frustrating!

The unexpected loss the week before, might have somehow been a false loss? I don't know how/why, and it's v unusual if you have steady losses all the time, but something in your system might have changed slightly, and you got a big reading. You'll probably never know what! But then the 4.5 gain could just be that loss levelling out. If that makes ANY sense! What I am trying to say, in a complicated way, is you've gained a pound. Not 4.5.

You obviously know SW works, you're an amazing example of a success. Don't get too disheartened, chalk it up to "one of those things" and next week I bet you'll be back on track.

(I must add, I love the way I pretend to be reasonable, and sensible, whereas if it was me I'd be on here HOWLING at the injustice)

Yeah look at it over the 2 week period. You only gained 1lb.

I get annoyed with some of my gains but look at it over a longer period and it's not actually too bad. x

Sent from my HTC One X using MiniMins

Thanks everyone that's made me feel alot better.

I'm keeping my fingers crossed that things get back to normal next week.

Back