Strapless Bra - advice needed!

JoozzyJoo

On 1 June I will be maid of honour for my stepdaughter at her wedding. I've found a lovely dress which I just have to have, the problem is its a one shoulder.

I'm looking for a really good supportive strapless bra - if there is one out there! At the mo I'm a 38e (WILL be smaller on the day!) and the last time I tried a strapless bra it was around my waist!

I'm probably going to have to adapt the dress and add a strap so that I can wear a normal bra, but thought I would see if anyone had any recommendations first, if anyone could help.

M&S do good strapless bras, I am a 38F and I know they go upto that size, I get most of my bras there, I used to go to la senza but I find the wires come out really easy, only downside I find to strapless is that they squash boobs?

For a one shoulder you can buy specific One shoulder bras? They're a bit more comfortable than a strapless as there's more support. Your other option is t@t tape :) you basically tape your boobs up lol. It's surprisingly effective if you put it in the right places!! But buy some nipple shields so you don't have any embarrassing moment!!

If you really need it combine the two!!

If you want a normal one, I would recommend Victoria's Secret
However, If you are on the "heftier" side, you can choos Federick's of Hollywood and Torrid.

Of course, they have straps, but these straps are removable.

Marks and spencer really are the best strapless bras there is... And they always have big sizes :)

The best one I've got is from the Limited Collection range in M&S. They go up to a size G I think. I did have to go up a back size, always do with strapless ones for some reason.

It also came with removable straps so that you could wear it one shouldered too. Hope that helps :)

Try a strapless wonderbra 'ultimato' one. Admittedly not the nicest looking bra, but both me & my sister bought one when we were bridesmaids last year & it didn't budge even tho we danced & bounced the night away.

You could get one with clear straps a maybe? Otherwise I got a reasonable strapless one from tescos?

The best one I've got is from the Limited Collection range in M&S. They go up to a size G I think. I did have to go up a back size, always do with strapless ones for some reason.

It also came with removable straps so that you could wear it one shouldered too. Hope that helps :)

my strapless bra is sooooo tight it hurts! didn't think to go up a back size i didn't think it would stay up then?

my strapless bra is sooooo tight it hurts! didn't think to go up a back size i didn't think it would stay up then?

I know, that's exactly how I was when I got my normal size! Even going up a size it's still pretty tight but it stays put :)

I always think you can see the clear straps? they always go a funny colour too, prob off my fake tan though haha

Wonderbra do one, I can't remember what it's called though. It looks a bit scary on the hanger but it really really works, and mine are a FF!

TTfan said:
Wonderbra do one, I can't remember what it's called though. It looks a bit scary on the hanger but it really really works, and mine are a FF!

Ye, that's what I think too :) a bit expensive but well worth it :)

Back