Stress

AngelicBee

Silver Member
I have always struggled with stress and eating to soothe it - how do you cope with emotional eating

Last edited:
I have always been the same, and if it's not food for comfort it was wine!! It takes a lot of strength not to turn to the old treats when you're stressed out, but try and include what you really want into your syns, like make room for chocolate or crisps if that's what you want.

I have chocolate and crisps every evening and really look forward to it! A really nice treat is Cadbury's highlights hot chocolate for only 2 syns.

Make sure you have lots of fruit, depending on what you like, but mango or pineapple feels like a treat to me, pink lady apples are super sweet and berries mixed with vanilla muller light feels puddingy enough to comfort me.

All depends what you like and finding a 'good' alternative. I'm not good at having one biscuit so I just avoid them, one will always lead to several!!

I'm finding that Hifi bars for heb are helping I turn to chocolate and crisps - but by having the heb option today Iv only had 2.5 syns I had a orang a and apple which impressed even me and I think I may use two more for a hit chocolate later - hopefully this will be enough through this time x

I've had this issue all my life hence needing to lose 14 stone in total. My strategy is lots of pasta, rice and potatoes to fill up with my meals and snacks are fruit and for a treat I have an options hot chocolate. Unfortunately, the emotions sometimes get the better of me and I have some chocolate or like last week a lot of chocolate but I always draw a line in the sand and get back to it.

These days something has changed in me and I no longer enjoy binging so I think I'm changing in that respect. I think if you just stick with it and take the rough with the smooth, you learn that food doesn't need to be a comfort and we can comfort ourselves with positive thinking and good friends and family <3

Hi I also stress eat and comfort eat. With Crisps being my weakness and lately biscuits too. I only buy low syn Crisps which means I can I theory. Have 4/5 packets a day if I want however since I know I can.I generally don't normally 1 or occasionally 2 will do the trick for.me.

I hope I can transition like that I'm hoping low syn stuff and Hifi bars as hebs will see me through this - I'm hoping like you say bulking potato rice and pasta will help too as I finally feel I have a plan that will work just wish stress wasn't such a trigger grr lol

I'm hoping like you say bulking potato rice and pasta will help too as I finally feel I have a plan that will work just wish stress wasn't such a trigger grr lol

I was always a MAJOR binge/emotional eater and since I have started SW I stopped eating meat therefore fill up on pasta, potatoes, noodles with vegetables. The other day I felt like a potential binge maybe coming on and so I ate a can of baked beans. Not sure why. Either way I was full half way through and that was that. I was just hungry, ate free food, no harm done!

But I have also taken up exercise which I think I owe a lot to. I cannot afford/don't have time for the gym so I just do 20 minutes in the morning of Jillian Michaels 30 day shred DVD (3-5 times a week). Its over in no time but a great workout. I always feel great after it and its helped a lot.

With these two things combined I have noticed my binge and emotional eating habits practically gone.

Sounds quite interesting am struggling to fit the gym in at the moment but should manage 20 mins I think might try

I have that DVD might dig it out along with the vicky Patterson one that might help a lot actually - I am trying to include lots of free foods - potato seems to fill me up so I order 6 kg lol

Sounds quite interesting am struggling to fit the gym in at the moment but should manage 20 mins I think might try

If you do then I really do recommend Jillian Michaels30 day shred. Its 3 levels of 20 mins workouts. You don't even need much space really. I am still on level 1 and it still gives me a sweaty full body workout. I really enjoy it. I only have to get up half an hour early then its done for the day and I don't have to worry about exercise then.

If you do then I really do recommend Jillian Michaels30 day shred. Its 3 levels of 20 mins workouts. You don't even need much space really. I am still on level 1 and it still gives me a sweaty full body workout. I really enjoy it. I only have to get up half an hour early then its done for the day and I don't have to worry about exercise then.

Hi randomly I started watching this on you tube ( the joys of the Internet) and she uses hand weights which I don't have, do u use them and if so any recommendations of where to get them

I used to use tins or my Zumba shakers lol but you can get them off eBay pretty easy x

Cans Heinz soup lol - weights they vary I have 1kg 2kg 5kg best to work up to your comfort x

Hi randomly I started watching this on you tube ( the joys of the Internet) and she uses hand weights which I don't have, do u use them and if so any recommendations of where to get them

I bought a set from Tesco for £25... Buy York Fitness 10kg Fitbell Set from our All Weights and Strength Training range - Tesco.com

But I just use my 2.5kg ones now (wish I just bought a set of them) which is a killer but arms are lots more toned just in two weeks. But you can get them individual as well, John Lewis sells them individually.

Back